Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Love this kid! So happy he's back in. Hope he kills it tonight.

Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Has to play for the rest of the season with Stack in the backline. Also has good pace, decent skills and lots of ticker. Time to move Houli out of the backline, too slow these days.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Good to see him named on the park. Hope young Mansell can show his wares.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Needs to show more discipline and not give away so many frees.

He's almost as bad as Baker at giving away stupid free kicks.

That said I like him and I'm happy hes getting a run.

Just tidy it up son.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Just tidy it up son.
yeah a bit, but also the umps hate him, it got ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user

Big Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jul 15, 2013

Just tidy it up son.
Mostly agree, but would rather Stack ahead of him any day. From what I've seen so far, Steve Morris mark 2. Gives away stupid frees and thinks he's hard done by when he isn't, arrives in the frame with a desperate looking smother that misses as the opposition kicks a goal and a couple of times earlier in the season dropped sitters standing under a high ball. Would need to have improved.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I hope we release Melee from the small lockdown role, which he performed with aplomb,

into Bachars rebound role.

this kid has real wheels. castagneesque pace, which we havnt seen yet.

i hope we see it sunday.

stack and melee, told to GO, on both hbfs will really change us.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Mostly agree, but would rather Stack ahead of him any day. From what I've seen so far, Steve Morris mark 2. Gives away stupid frees and thinks he's hard done by when he isn't, arrives in the frame with a desperate looking smother that misses as the opposition kicks a goal and a couple of times earlier in the season dropped sitters standing under a high ball. Would need to have improved.
Give him a break BT - 1st season, less than 5 games in a dysfunctional backline. Looks a lot better than a few others

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Mansell reminds me a bit of Baker when he first started - strangely small in size but knows how to get the ball, loves a contest, goes in hard and has neat skills.

I never thought Baker would turn out as good as he had and I think Mansell could be similar

Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Mansell reminds me a bit of Baker when he first started - strangely small in size but knows how to get the ball, loves a contest, goes in hard and has neat skills.

I never thought Baker would turn out as good as he had and I think Mansell could be similar
I reckon Baker looked special from the get go, Mansell looked solid but not in the same class. Hope I'm wrong.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Think you're way overboard. He's given away 9 frees in 7 games. That's less per game than Baker and nearly the same as Vlastuin. Some frees were ridiculous. I think Mansell has acquitted himself quite well and shouldn't have been dropped. Of the youngsters glad to see him back in.

Reactions: 4 users

code yellow and black

Tiger Rookie
Sep 21, 2014
Morris was/is an average kick. Mansell kicking is very good.