Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

Meteoric Rise

Tiger Cub
Feb 6, 2020
Mansell should never have hit Ginnpig in the back of the head like that it was a shocking choice of action.

Should have kicked the *smile* in the back of the head instead. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
What Mansell did was no good. But Gillivan told Edwards on the lines he is finished and should retire. Where was Townsend?
But we had Flappers who had the perfect opportunity to rearrange Gillivians Rib Cage but decide to flap his wing around his head.
Kamdyn’s coat hanger on Gingivitis should be counted as a disposal

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Mansell (and hopefully others) will learn from this lack of discipline.

NEVER give your hard earned spot in the team up, your replacement may well keep you out of the team indefinitely.

When Mansell gets his next opportunity, I hope his head is a little wiser.

Reactions: 6 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Mansell gets a week, Ginnivan gets a career of looking around and pulling out of contests. Just like he did in the last quarter. By the way, McIntosh’s “clumsy“ tackle shook him up way more.

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Johnny-come-lately does not get to say what he likes about an icon like Shane Edwards. Just like hunters do not get to shoot Bambi’s mother and get away with it.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Kamdyn’s coat hanger on Gingivitis should be counted as a disposal

That was awesome, that was a lesson to the kid. Drop your knees for head high contact and we'll give you some bloody head high contact. Hope his neck still hurts from that one.

Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
As usual Titus gets it:

“The only negative for the Tigers was Rhyan Mansell was charged with striking his elbow twice into the back of a Collingwood player’s head.

The Match Review Officer refused to take into consideration the player was Jack Ginnivan.”

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Got me a feeling Gingivitis is gunna be one seriously unpopular little *smile* with about 17 other clubs before the season is over.

Reckon he's in for some full on poundings this year n he'll be hearing footsteps n jumping at shadows for whatever's left of the rest of his career after that.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Got me a feeling Gingivitis is gunna be one seriously unpopular little *smile* with about 17 other clubs before the season is over.

Reckon he's in for some full on poundings this year n he'll be hearing footsteps n jumping at shadows for whatever's left of the rest of his career after that.
He’s a lot like Cryin Gryan. Started with a bang and universally hated and now is almost irrelevant. He doesn’t really get his own ball.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Mansell will probably make it. He's a bit rushed with the ball. But he can slice it 55m. If he had ball smarts he'd be captain one day. And it's not like he has none.

He'd have to learn that the best rage is cold. Learn some calm. I like the chip on the shoulder thing. It's *smile* rare in a footballer these days.

He should have a contract.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

He isn't good.
No leg speed

Reactions: 1 user

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
As usual Titus gets it:

“The only negative for the Tigers was Rhyan Mansell was charged with striking his elbow twice into the back of a Collingwood player’s head.

The Match Review Officer refused to take into consideration the player was Jack Ginnivan.”
Strange is it not?
There were quite a few reports to the MRO this week.
All got off with a slap on the wrist if that.
No surprise here though.
The only suspension was a Richmond player.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Went hard for him all day yesterday.

Saying his one match suspension wasn’t enough. Should have been two.

I like Mansell and his skill set. But he didn’t have to do that. Just make every possession Ginni got a hard earned one would have been a better go.

The kid now will become a target and hear footsteps from here on.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Nigel giving the little Minivan a bit of head massage was not a good look. I reckon he was having a word in little Minivan's ear about showing some respect to Grimes and to stop gobbing off.
I hope all the players bought Nigel a beer, I will if I get the chance.

Last edited:

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Strange is it not?
No surprise here though.
He deserved the suspension.

Or it may be better to say he earned it.

I'd like to see an improved Mansell in the best 22 in future years.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Strange is it not?
No surprise here though.
I know I’m in the minority (and it’s not just because he’s a Tiger) but I think a suspension for pushing your elbow into another players head is soft. Dumb, I agree but not worthy of suspension IMO.

Reactions: 2 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
A week was fair if not a bit lucky to have gotten 2 weeks. Not a great act and even worse look.
If he can just find that line between manic and violent he will be a solid AFL player

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
A week was fair if not a bit lucky to have gotten 2 weeks. Not a great act and even worse look.
If he can just find that line between manic and violent he will be a solid AFL player
Agreed it wasn’t a good look, but I’ve seen more body contact from the security girls waving their magic wands outside Gate 5

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Agreed it wasn’t a good look, but I’ve seen more body contact from the security girls waving their magic wands outside Gate 5

True it's not a good look & he copped the right penalty for it. But what really pi55es me of is when a player gets punched hard & late resulting in a couple of broken ribs & "there's nothing to see here". Ralphy has missed 3? Weeks so far after being deliberately punched in the side.
How many weeks did Floppivan miss from what Mansell did.

MRO is & has always been a flaming joke. It is neither consistent or unbiased.

• Angry