Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Mansell. Interesting player. An undersized tall back, strong in the air and with elite judgement - in the air. But a player who simply cannot win or use a ground ball. Not just a delist but a bloke who discredits whose who recruited him.

We all know who he is.

A small back? Insane. He does not know who his opponent is and cannot get near the fall anyway. He was good as a small back in the VFA? No, he wasn't he was eternally out of position and lost sight of any ball under the altitude of 2m. Disaster.

Did he pick fights? Who cares. He lost them all. Why anybody would keep him on the list after 2022 is a mystery.

Dimma loves him because he is a game under skilled HBF. But he has no ground game. Delist. And then the MC tried Mansell at SENIOR level as a defensive small forward in 2023 preseason. And. For the first time in his life Mansell won ground ball. And he could red ground play. Get involved.

On the back of this absurd development the MC played him on the park in R1 and the bloke was mediocre. And he was dropped.

Rhyan Mansell got the ultimate cuddle today - late sub. So he was very fresh. His confidence must have got a great boost.

He was terrific. Fresh and busy. And winning groundball.

If Nigel can level up he gives us great support for Maurice Rioli the Younger. And that will make things interesting.

In conclusion - Bravo, Nigel.
Have read this. Watched the game. I am slightly confused as to his impact/lack of impact in the game. To me. Lucky to be on the bench. Not a lot of minutes. Did what he could when the ball in his area. Kicked a goal. Did his bit from limited time today. Still a fringe player.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Melee played the consumate sub role today i reckon.

Side is choking on its own vomit,

Comes on and clears the airway. Win

You cant ask for more.

Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Have read this. Watched the game. I am slightly confused as to his impact/lack of impact in the game. To me. Lucky to be on the bench. Not a lot of minutes. Did what he could when the ball in his area. Kicked a goal. Did his bit from limited time today. Still a fringe player.
Won ground ball, jb. He's never done that before. And iced the game with a ground ball win.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
If he was picked to play round 1 because he could offer something as a pressure forward then he has to play this week.

The way Collingwood are moving the ball we need as many blokes who can run and chase as we can find.

Reactions: 6 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Mansell is a battler it’s not his fault he gets selected and played out of position in the AFL
Hes a backpocket in the VFL and barring at least a dozen injuries to our small backs he needs to stay at that level

Reactions: 2 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Mansell in the ones as a small fwd is Dimma trying to seem clever. Pick the right players ffs

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Mansell in the ones as a small fwd is Dimma trying to seem clever. Pick the right players ffs
Shocking selection
Even worse footballer.
He would struggle to be better then bush footballers like Chris Hyde & Robbie Powell.
That miss to the Collingwood end 30 out was delist material.
How & who is the bloke that is selecting him to play?
He needs to pack it up and leave

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Not sure what we are doing with this bloke.

Trying to Steve Morris & Jake King it.

Not working.

Reactions: 4 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Took a small step tonight I thought.

But, clearly, it still isn’t enough. Nowhere near his natural position.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
No more
How he kept his spot on the list has me fked.
Bulter and Stengle would be asking the same