Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Yeah wouldn't be suprrised if we do a trade with North .. Caddy for Tarryn?
Sounds good to me, Caddy stays in Melbourne and Thomas is only just turned 21 gets to play with his cuz for 10 years, and the Rioli's

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Tarryn is his cousin correct. Mansell's bro top right was at North as well. The family must like the name 'ryan' or the four letters that make it up lol. All three boys have ryan in their first names lol - RhYAN, his brother tYRAN, cousin tARrYN. The other boy bottom right has the 'yn' - LeiwYN

Nice pick-up. Taryn and Leiwyn are Welsh names, not sure about the others.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Nice pick-up. Taryn and Leiwyn are Welsh names, not sure about the others.
Cheers :) Rhyan off Google is a Welsh name - "Rhyan as a girl's name is a variant of Rhiannon (Welsh), and the meaning of Rhyan is "great queen, or goddess", let's not go there, lol :mhihi

A few Launceston guys in the league now - Jay Lockhart at Melbourne, Jackson Callow at Hawthorn, Tarryn and Rhyan, Rhyan's brother Oscar is at the Woodville-West Torrens club we drafted him from, hope he goes well.

All coached at North Launceston by ex-Geelong great and Brownlow Medallist Paul Couch's son Tom Couch, who played Richmond VFL and our strength and conditioning coach a few years back.

If you're ever going near Port Campbell, out Warrnambool way, go into the Boggy Creek Hotel, a quaint Australian pub - locals get served before you and you just have to wait lol :)) the fish dinner menu was fantastic, would go weekly at night when working down at Origin Energy, Port Campbell a few years back, anyway Paul Couch is from the Boggy Creek area. Fantastially named place as well :))

Attachments

• Boggy Creek Hotel.jpg
    Boggy Creek Hotel.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Cheers :) Rhyan off Google is a Welsh name - "Rhyan as a girl's name is a variant of Rhiannon (Welsh), and the meaning of Rhyan is "great queen, or goddess", let's not go there, lol :mhihi

A few Launceston guys in the league now - Jay Lockhart at Melbourne, Jackson Callow at Hawthorn, Tarryn and Rhyan, Rhyan's brother Oscar is at the Woodville-West Torrens club we drafted him from, hope he goes well.

All coached at North Launceston by ex-Geelong great and Brownlow Medallist Paul Couch's son Tom Couch, who played Richmond VFL and our strength and conditioning coach a few years back.

If you're ever going near Port Campbell, out Warrnambool way, go into the Boggy Creek Hotel, a quaint Australian pub - locals get served before you and you just have to wait lol :)) the fish dinner menu was fantastic, would go weekly at night when working down at Origin Energy, Port Campbell a few years back, anyway Paul Couch is from the Boggy Creek area. Fantastially named place as well :))
Don’t know where you’ve come from Ricemagic but welcome to PRE. Your contributions so far have been very interesting and informative.
However just remember, you’re only one opinion away from ridicule and degradation.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Great signs. You could say the only knock is he blazes away. But to me that isn't really a knock because a) its his second game and poise will come, and b) it isn't that bad a thing in the context of the way we play.
I thought he only blazed against port because he was set up by poor delivery under heat

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I would still keep playing him even after Big V returns.
He isn't scared of body contact and seemed to read the play really well.
Im happy with the kid.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007

I just came back from a holiday staying at Peterborough, literally drove past this pub yesterday, if only I could catch a fish.

• Love

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I would still keep playing him even after Big V returns.
He isn't scared of body contact and seemed to read the play really well.
Im happy with the kid.
Yep could be a handy pressure small up forward too at a pinch with that energy and intent.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Don’t know where you’ve come from Ricemagic but welcome to PRE. Your contributions so far have been very interesting and informative.
However just remember, you’re only one opinion away from ridicule and degradation.
Thanks mate :) I'm well aware my rambles will get quickly seized upon and will cop a lot of flak, so am considering messaging once a year in the hope I'm thought of as a new contributor ;)

Where I've come from as quickly as I can, Tiger fan because of Royce, KB, St Francis and the 70's era. Then endured the 37 year pain, and not for myself but I wanted young fans to experience what I knew as a kid, the power of the Tiger when we're a top club and winning flags for fun, thankfully it's returned for a bit :))

Sports nut, mainly AFL, cricket, NFL, NBA, F1 nowadays, other sports more just a general interest now, it's hard watching 9 AFL games weekly, NBA daily or NFL all Monday & Tuesday when it's their season lol.

Big movie and TV series fan, son is about to start a Uni course in film, wants to be a movie director so wish us luck aye :) Luv my sports stats, was nicknamed many years ago the 'Ristannica' in honour of the Britannica Encyclopaedia.

Umm, Melbourne born and bred but worked and lived in Orange NSW, New Farm Brisbane, Port Campbell/Peterborough Western Vic, then back to Keilor Downs full of Clowns :p Not very quick so I'll see myself out!! :flush

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I just came back from a holiday staying at Peterborough, literally drove past this pub yesterday, if only I could catch a fish.
Great spot, work put me in a holiday home for 10 people, on Macs St, just myself in it lol, 100 metres from the 9 hole golf course and a couple of shops up the road, but the wettest locale I've lived in, when it rains there man, it freaking rains. Otways I think nearby is the wettest spot in Victoria.

We would do Princetown Pub for pizza Tuesday night, Wednesday the Boggy Creek Hotel for fish and chips, 12 Rocks Port Campbell Thursday nights and Timboon Distillery for their locally made malt and spirits whenever we could :))

Reactions: 1 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Great spot, work put me in a holiday home for 10 people, on Macs St, just myself in it lol, 100 metres from the 9 hole golf course and a couple of shops up the road, but the wettest locale I've lived in, when it rains there man, it freaking rains. Otways I think nearby is the wettest spot in Victoria.

We would do Princetown Pub for pizza Tuesday night, Wednesday the Boggy Creek Hotel for fish and chips, 12 Rocks Port Campbell Thursday nights and Timboon Distillery for their locally made malt and spirits whenever we could :))

Haha, 12 Rocks was ok for me but loved the Distillery, had several rounds of whiskey tasting and the food was damn good too

• Love

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We all needed a good constitution during the thirty seven years that you mentioned earlier. There's no doubt that you've got a good constitution, pub every night and front up to work every day, a man after my own heart :)

• Haha

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
We all needed a good constitution during the thirty seven years that you mentioned earlier. There's no doubt that you've got a good constitution, pub every night and front up to work every day, a man after my own heart :)
Yeh when I do something I like to research it, went to NZ and pre-planned my own LOTR tour for a three week trip, when working in Western Victoria made it my job to tell the troops from Melbourne and other parts of OZ where was good for food and drink, lol.

Should have known me when I was 18-30 and the schedule was like Thursday night - The Totty Hotel Sunshine; Friday night - Impressions Swanston St Carlton; Saturday night - Metro, Warehouse, Hippodrome; Sunday night - The Chevy, Impressions; Monday night - Billboards - Greek night ; Tuesday night - movies - tight a.. Tuesday :))
Wednesday night - off!! :sleeping
Repeat cycle!! :banana

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yeh when I do something I like to research it, went to NZ and pre-planned my own LOTR tour for a three week trip, when working in Western Victoria made it my job to tell the troops from Melbourne and other parts of OZ where was good for food and drink, lol.

Should have known me when I was 18-30 and the schedule was like Thursday night - The Totty Hotel Sunshine; Friday night - Impressions Swanston St Carlton; Saturday night - Metro, Warehouse, Hippodrome; Sunday night - The Chevy, Impressions; Monday night - Billboards - Greek night ; Tuesday night - movies - tight a.. Tuesday :))
Wednesday night - off!! :sleeping
Repeat cycle!! :banana
Nice list.
Wedezdey nights, Warehouse
Thurzdey nights, Chevron
Friday's, Cadillac Bar or Metro
Saturday, Monsoons, Billboards
Sunday, Recovery

• Love

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Nice list.
Wedezdey nights, Warehouse
Thurzdey nights, Chevron
Friday's, Cadillac Bar or Metro
Saturday, Monsoons, Billboards
Sunday, Recovery
I'm assuming Sunday 'Recovery' is Recovery Bar Prahran right?