Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Ebvery chance it could be.

The Mansell, Rio, Stack triumvirate should it see out the rest of the season may well show that the first re shuffle and re clibration for 2022 was implemented in 2021.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Agree with the second calibration being playing 3 of Chol, CCJ, Lynch and Riewoldt - the addition of another tall making forward / ruck. With both Lynch, CCJ and Nank being injured or unavailable for a lot of the year - we haven’t been able to settle this style at all.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I like the hardness and enthusiasm he brings to the game and reminds me of Stevie Morris at his best but like Stevie, lacks a bit of awareness and skill that sets him apart from ever being a top player. However, for now, I am happy to have his blue collar playing in our side

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
really like him. getting smarter and had some calm with the ball yesterday

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Loved his game. Hard at it. I think he is a very smart player and will only continue to improve. Easy to forget he's only played 11 games.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep exposure will settle him and give him confidence, it will also temper his exciteability and allow him to focus his aggression and energy even better which will help to elevate him as a player.

Leave him in for the rest of the year, with Stackie and Dan down back.

Short can go up the ground.

Last edited:

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Geez he's gunna hurt some people when gets bit more size.

Typically hard as a rock Tasmanian.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
With Nigel on one flank and Syd on the other there's going to be a lot of nervous forwards for the next decade.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Does he have the attributes to play on the wing or some other position further up the ground?

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Does he have the attributes to play on the wing or some other position further up the ground?
Hard to say at the moment but maybe during preseason he if he wants a long term position then maybe he could re-invent himself for 2022. A bit like Broad and Rioli, they worked at new skills and the results are there to see

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Love this kid..
I reckon with a full preseason hw would and should be tried a mid

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Larkey has been in very good form. He has been too strong in the air for a lot of reputations. Far too strong. So when he dropped DTL and hit up in the square he was a moral to mark and goal. Mansell, well out of position for a midget in that contest, spoiled effectively and to advantage. Dave and he then mopped up.

This guy knows where to go. And that was a toff's spoil. The kid's a toff.

Reactions: 4 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Larkey has been in very good form. He has been too strong in the air for a lot of reputations. Far too strong. So when he dropped DTL and hit up in the square he was a moral to mark and goal. Mansell, well out of position for a midget in that contest, spoiled effectively and to advantage. Dave and he then mopped up.

He's adding new strings each week, gone from pure lockdown, to now going for a run, carrying the pill, (and kicking 65 metre goals). Trending up.

Reactions: 4 users

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne

And to top it off he belted Larkey in the guts as the ball was run out.
He's not just a toff he's a nasty toff.
I reckon Dimma would love him!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Keeps getting better and has the right traits that will only get better with more experience. Stack and Mansell will hold our small back positions in good stead for many years. Allows Houli to now retire without a huge hole in our team.

Reactions: 2 users