Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
it good, but a bit of a mouthful.

how about

cheating ugly little smart arsed Collingwood *smile*?
I like it, but too broad.
People would wonder which cheating ugly little smart arsed Collingwood *smile* you were talking about

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
Never been one to applaud cheap shots - a great hip and shoulder yes - a well timed shirtfront yes.

But I was up out of the lounge chair yelling at the TV, telling Mansell to give him another one. Have a deep dislike for that little blond Collingwood grub.

Footnote: frighten the daylights out of the wife who was rudely awoken from her early afternoon nap........

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Re: Rhyan Mansell given one week by the MRO [update]

The official Match Review report:

Charges laid:

Rhyan Mansell, Richmond
, has been charged with Striking Jack Ginnivan, Collingwood, during the third quarter of the Round Eight match between Richmond and Collingwood played at the MCG on Saturday, May 7, 2022.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/757808/match-review-tiger-cops-striking-ban-eagles-mid-fined

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Re: Rhyan Mansell given one week by the MRO [update]

Rhyan Mansell, Richmond
, has been charged with Striking Jack Ginnivan, Collingwood, during the third quarter of the Round Eight match between Richmond and Collingwood played at the MCG on Saturday, May 7, 2022.

Can we challenge that based on a technicality?

It was not during the third quarter but at the end of the quarter!!

Any good lawyers out there?!!

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
My take is that Mansell has been pretty poorly treated by the umps since he started with us.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Headline I saw yesterday but can’t find now. “AFL Star charged……..” I like the kid but “star”. Later changed to “Tigers young gun”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The AFL really missed a trick here. He was going to be dropped anyway. They should have taken the opportunity to milk another fine out of us. SHocking would be rolling in his grave if that hitman had done his *smile* ing job properly.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
My take is that Mansell has been pretty poorly treated by the umps since he started with us.

Yeah they hate him.

A week off, to be served concurrently with being dropped,

Is a fair outcome.

Like The AFL, a broken clock is accurate twice a day.

Although The AFL are only right about once a month.

Like last years calender maybe? A husband with no libido?

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
It was a foregone conclusion that he would be suspended.
He is a Richmond player so that is end of story.
Not that I think for one minute that what he did was OK.
He stood little chance of being in the mix this week anyway.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Weak act on the part of Ryan. Needs to be better on many levels to play AFL football.

Deserves the week off.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
What Mansell did was no good. But Gillivan told Edwards on the lines he is finished and should retire. Where was Townsend?
But we had Flappers who had the perfect opportunity to rearrange Gillivians Rib Cage but decide to flap his wing around his head.

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Watching the replay I get the sense that Rhyan's indiscretion is just the result/payback for a number of Ginnivan indiscretions through the game. Starts with the crude tackle and linger on Nank, there's a minor fracas at quarter time which Ginnivan is in the midst of and he does mouth off a couple of times. Rhyan just made the most of an opportunity. Pays the price this week.

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
What Mansell did was wrong & deserves a week but Ginnivan is going to get roughed up plenty with the way he plays & deliberately gets under players skin.

Reactions: 5 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I reckon Nigel reminds Dimma of himself.
Not so much the yappiness (not yet) but the physical and agressive nature.
And he is still finding his feet and place in the side.
Once he gets more comfortable I suggest there will be more yap, yap, yappy and stray/accidental elbows coming out.
Jumperies and in your face stuff.
Just how Dimma likes it.