Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
TigerForce said:
One great thing about this thread is that Chokingwood can't match it. Dream all you like ferals.

Why? Their 2010 Premiership is just as relevant as our 2017.

As great a year as 2017 was, it’s time to move on. Too many people going on like we’re still the reigning Premiers.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
DirtyDogTiger said:
It was a historic premiership because we were the first ever richmond supporters that applied for GF tix on the internet.

Ha! I don’t think the telephone was invented by then.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Midsy said:

As great a year as 2017 was, it’s time to move on. Too many people going on like we’re still the reigning Premiers.

Maybe has something to do with the previous 37 years

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Midsy said:

Move on? The 2017 win has changed my life. It will forever be one of the greatest moments of my life.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Midsy said:

As for 'recent ' seasons and in this 'era' under Figgy for them and Dimma for us. Figgy struts around like they've got it in the bag.....

It's also good to see most articles still using the prefix 'premiership' in front of our players' names.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
tigertim said:
Mistakes I made in the aftermath of 2017 GF that’ll fix when we win the next one....

1: get down to the fence after the siren. I stupidly stayed high up in the stand.

2: stay for the after game concert especially if one of our players is a guest singer

3: call in sick for rehearsal on the Sunday.

My mistake was getting to the Richmond Club Hotel upon opening, and going too hard too soon. Was fine during the game, but hit the wall about 9pm.

Will pace myself next time :)

Greenie

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
TOT70 said:
At the Grand Final, my seat was in the row directly in front of the scoreboard, last row in that small bay of 15 or so rows. Specifically, when you look at the scoreboard, find the time clock. During a day game, when you look at the clock, it may say, for example, that the time is 4:25. I was sitting directly just below the 2.

At games now, I find myself continually checking the time. Who’da think I would look so wistfully at a digital clock?
That's amazing TOT70. I was in the same row but can't be sure which seat I was in.

Are we related?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
TOT70 said:
At the Grand Final, my seat was in the row directly in front of the scoreboard, last row in that small bay of 15 or so rows. Specifically, when you look at the scoreboard, find the time clock. During a day game, when you look at the clock, it may say, for example, that the time is 4:25. I was sitting directly just below the 2.

At games now, I find myself continually checking the time. Who’da think I would look so wistfully at a digital clock?
Watching the GF replay is like a PRE home movie, trying to find cameos from PRenders , you could say some shone on the big stage .

Tiger Tim My only regret on the day was not going down Swan st, however I had my 14 year old with me so it was probably a blessing that we just walked around the G , hugging strangers, soaking it in and then back to the hotel for a pizza while recharging my phone which had 147 ( I think that’s the correct number) messages on it.

As I said at the time, we could win the next 10 and it wouldn’t compare in the slightest to 2017, best day, month of my life, nothing will ever go close to me.

As somebody else said earlier the 3 days just merge into one, also whenever I hear the forgotten years it just takes me back to that moment I had waited for my whole life, so many different emotions and it was nearly like an eerie silence of nervousness throughout the Tiger faithful.

E

easy_tiger

Mr Brightside said:
Tiger Tim My only regret on the day was not going down Swan st,

my only regret is I didnt smash the cabinet with the Grange and Tassy Whiskey.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Mr Brightside said:
Watching the GF replay is like a PRE home movie, trying to find cameos from PRenders , you could say some shone on the big stage .

Tiger Tim My only regret on the day was not going down Swan st, however I had my 14 year old with me so it was probably a blessing that we just walked around the G , hugging strangers, soaking it in and then back to the hotel for a pizza while recharging my phone which had 147 ( I think that’s the correct number) messages on it.

As I said at the time, we could win the next 10 and it wouldn’t compare in the slightest to 2017, best day, month of my life, nothing will ever go close to me.

As somebody else said earlier the 3 days just merge into one, also whenever I hear the forgotten years it just takes me back to that moment I had waited for my whole life, so many different emotions and it was nearly like an eerie silence of nervousness throughout the Tiger faithful.

I’m getting a hankering to watch it again, it was such a sweet day. The antics in the stands made it even better.

There were so many little things- even the choice of The Killers for the entertainment. Previous Grand Final acts were so forgettable, then one of my favourite bands is announced as the act for 2017, then the Tigers make the Granny, so I go, then they win, then Jack joins them on stage.

It was more fun than a soul could bear.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Unforgettable day and feeling. My gf at the time couldnt get a ticket but went to Punt Rd alone. Dad sat with one of my sisters and the other sister was in the standing area. I was at the back of woop woop Punt Road end stand. We all met up after the game. The family went home on the train but me and the gf went to Swan st to watch the hysteria and lap it up. Followed Jimmy Jess down there... saw the bottle shops get closed up, couldn't get a beer to save ourselves, then went home on the train and watched the highlights again with the family. Best day ever.
The following day took the gf back to Richmond and did the free MCG tour, including the rooms etc (she had never been to the G) and then later, bumped into Leysy at The Cricketers.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
easy said:
my only regret is I didnt smash the cabinet with the Grange and Tassy Whiskey.

Now I'm regretting not going to Swan St, hmm Grange and Sullivan's Cove, nice. Goes well with a flag. My daughter was 22 so we should have been fine. We were at Punt Rd on the day.

DS

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
tigertim said:
Mistakes I made in the aftermath of 2017 GF that’ll fix when we win the next one....

1: get down to the fence after the siren. I stupidly stayed high up in the stand.

2: stay for the after game concert especially if one of our players is a guest singer

my mistake was I didn't sleep a wink the night before, just too excited and nervous. didn't make much difference, adrenaline kept me going. but wasn't ideal. Next time I'd get some mindfulness training, or a sleeping pill.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
tigertim said:

i was on the fence. i was at the concert (jumped onto the MCG and got chased by 4 security guards, but i somehow got the slip on them). i was on swan st til midnight (eventually got into Sneak Bar for celebratory beers). but i was too stuffed for the family day the next day. 14 hours of drinking on GF day, plus out all day on the friday with training, the parade, etc, plus the emotional aspect of the win... i was absolutely rooted on sunday.

so next time, i'll probably head home after the parade and not rock up to the pub at 10am on GF day.

the funny thing is that I rocked up to work on monday as fresh as a daisy. when i was younger, i used to tell everyone you wouldn't see me for a week if we won a flag. i'm getting old.