Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Ian4 said:
i was on the fence. i was at the concert (jumped onto the MCG and got chased by 4 security guards, but i somehow got the slip on them). i was on swan st til midnight (eventually got into Sneak Bar for celebratory beers). but i was too stuffed for the family day the next day. 14 hours of drinking on GF day, plus out all day on the friday with training, the parade, etc, plus the emotional aspect of the win... i was absolutely rooted on sunday.

so next time, i'll probably head home after the parade and not rock up to the pub at 10am on GF day.

the funny thing is that I rocked up to work on monday as fresh as a daisy. when i was younger, i used to tell everyone you wouldn't see me for a week if we won a flag. i'm getting old.
Well played Binman, as I said, 2017 was a learning experience for ....2019?

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
tigertim said:
Well played Binman, as I said, 2017 was a learning experience for ....2019?

yeah my mate said he was that drunk he barely recalls the day. a month or so later we sat down and watched the game together and he didn't remember much of it, nor some of the stories from the day. we'll be a lot smarter about it this september ;)

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Ian4 said:
yeah my mate said he was that drunk he barely recalls the day. a month or so later we sat down and watched the game together and he didn't remember much of it, nor some of the stories from the day. we'll be a lot smarter about it this september ;)
I first learned that lesson in 1969, and it took a few more tries for the lesson to sink in. Age and experience eventually has some rewards and I get to remember most of the games I attend these days.

E

easy_tiger

tigersnake said:
my mistake was I didn't sleep a wink the night before, just too excited and nervous. didn't make much difference, adrenaline kept me going. but wasn't ideal. Next time I'd get some mindfulness training, or a sleeping pill.

you must've made 2 mistakes then.

remember when you tipped in so much rum, your face went all stupid and non responsive

on Dave Astbury's family?

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Midsy said:
As great a year as 2017 was, it’s time to move on. Too many people going on like we’re still the reigning Premiers.

Pretty ironic seeing that you still have the GF score beneath your username :hihi

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Listened to the second half of the 3AW broadcast again on a short haul flight (GF 2017 Radio Broadcasts are my go to on short flights), Lloyd really struggled to finally admit we not only were going to win, but we were hammering the Crows. 1st Grade Knob

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Listened to the second half of the 3AW broadcast again on a short haul flight (GF 2017 Radio Broadcasts are my go to on short flights), Lloyd really struggled to finally admit we not only were going to win, but we were hammering the Crows. 1st Grade Knob

Spot on about Lloyd.
And then when he has no option but to offer some praise he tends to go way overboard and exaggerates saying things along the lines of "Richmond are going so well they couldn't possibly fail fail from this position .... blah blah blah ...".
Meanwhile he hopes like buggery that things go pear shaped so he can dig in harder and slag the club for a "shocking and disgraceful capitulation ... blah"
He's a dead set hater.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Spot on about Lloyd.
And then when he has no option but to offer some praise he tends to go way overboard and exaggerates saying things along the lines of "Richmond are going so well they couldn't possibly fail fail from this position .... blah blah blah ...".
Meanwhile he hopes like buggery that things go pear shaped so he can dig in harder and slag the club for a "shocking and disgraceful capitulation ... blah"
He's a dead set hater.

Lloyds opinions are about relevant as make up is for an Egyptian Mummy

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Obviously absolute no garuntees of winning a flag or even a final, however just watching the replay against GWS and had the thought if say you took out Grigga, Butler and Towner from the 22 an added in Lynch, Stack an Bolton could it be an even better team ? Yes I know things like team spirit, Dusty’s incredible season and of course Rance , as well as the 3 mentioned played incredible roles in that September , anyway 3 pretty handy ins

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bump

How good was Towner in the 2nd quarter!!!!

ps, it's worth the bump just to see the photo of Dimma and the Chimp again.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Seeing Adelaide fall apart made me want to re-read this thread. We've got to win the big one again. I want to feel how I did on Sept 30th 2017 again.