Richmond 2021 financial result | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond 2021 financial result

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
My experience with government grants is that it is received once the project progresses and their are stage gates for the grant payments. Sometimes you have to spend your equity first before the grants can be received.

They want to avoid giving you the money and then for whatever reason the project doesn't proceed.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
out of interest,

does anyone know how much The AFL has in the bank?

cant be too much if they had to pawn Docklands?

could we buy them?

Despite the fact that it is the fans who fund the game I get the funny feeling the AFL is not particularly transparent with their books.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Despite the fact that it is the fans who fund the game I get the funny feeling the AFL is not particularly transparent with their books.

DS

No they aren't. If you've read their annual report, they have a very large bucket called AFL expenses that has no breakdown whatsoever of where that money is spent. By very large, from memory it was $300m+

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

JackRussel

Tiger Cub
Nov 30, 2021
My experience with government grants is that it is received once the project progresses and their are stage gates for the grant payments. Sometimes you have to spend your equity first before the grants can be received.

They want to avoid giving you the money and then for whatever reason the project doesn't proceed.
It's a double-edged sword. You can spend your money and not get a grant. So if you count on a grant, you need to have at least a verbal agreement, or better in writing. The agreement that if I show progress and invest my capital, then I get a state grant - it's fair, in my opinion. But no one will go for it :)

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
It's a double-edged sword. You can spend your money and not get a grant. So if you count on a grant, you need to have at least a verbal agreement, or better in writing. The agreement that if I show progress and invest my capital, then I get a state grant - it's fair, in my opinion. But no one will go for it :)
The project only goes ahead if both governments are signed up