Richmond Academy zone prospect | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Academy zone prospect

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
mrposhman said:
Does anyone know if Maurice Jnr knows Daniel?

Plenty of photos on twitter with them together, some of them being at punt road, MRJ will choose Tigers with Daniel being there that i have no concerns about at all..

Jezza81

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 9, 2008
Ripplestick said:
Talking up Maurice jnr tonight on 3aw. Said he's 15 and talk of him being best rioli yet.

Also said he can choose freo as well as us, thats why we need to get him down here soon. Daniel came down when he was 14, hopefully next year for Maurice jnr. Richo was on the show but was staying tight lipped.

Also caught the tail end of them talking about Dan's contract extension, pretty much a done deal.

I heard he was enrolling at St Patricks in Ballarat, same school Daniel came through.

He has a little bit of involvement with the club throught the indigenous academy

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Ripplestick said:
Talking up Maurice jnr tonight on 3aw. Said he's 15 and talk of him being best rioli yet.

Also said he can choose freo as well as us, thats why we need to get him down here soon. Daniel came down when he was 14, hopefully next year for Maurice jnr. Richo was on the show but was staying tight lipped.

Also caught the tail end of them talking about Dan's contract extension, pretty much a done deal.

Freo have no rights to Maurice Jnr. They ended in 2015.
Just as well Snr was a late starter!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Maurice played 118 games during perhaps our worst ever period 1982 to 1987 and was considered one of the best players ever. Imagine if he played in a semi decent team. Hopefully his son has his lethal side step and kicking skills.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
The Lurker said:
82 wasnt that bad Hazza, apart from the last game. Dont forget his balance and tackling
He did win the Norm Smith Medal in a losing side that year don't forget. Seriously great player.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
The Lurker said:
82 wasnt that bad Hazza, apart from the last game. Dont forget his balance and tackling

His greatest quality; Evasiveness.
Is it improper or politically incorrect to remind people of his nick name? BLACK MAGIC.
Those dancing feet were something to behold!!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep Black Magic it was.

Maurice Rioli was magic to me as a young fella loved him me.

Rioli, Roachy, Merv Keane and Jumping Jimmy Jess were my favourite tigers ;)

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
mrposhman said:
Does anyone know if Maurice Jnr knows Daniel?
There were pictures of them together all over the internet last year.

Would be very surprised is Mo junior goes anywhere but the Tigers

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Six of our Academy prospects will be playing a Laguntas program match at PRO this Saturday 11 am as part of the Dreamtime buildup.

i look forward to your report.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Six of our Academy prospects will be playing a Laguntas program match at PRO this Saturday 11 am as part of the Dreamtime buildup.

Hi TBH, good to see you read my (C80) emails !!