Richmond Brownlow votes?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Brownlow votes??

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I can't remember the last time our players looked popular (and vibrant with a cute chick) at a Brownlow.

We're so boring.

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
GoodOne said:
We won 5 games. How many votes did we expect to get? Critically analysing Deledio because of how few Brownlow votes he received is ridiculous. To put it in perspective, Adam Cooney who had some great games and played for the team that finished 3rd received 3 votes.

Cooney got 3 votes???? Umpires' lack of understanding of the game is the only thing that can make people like mike Sheenan look knowledgeable.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
I can't remember the last time our players looked popular (and vibrant with a cute chick) at a Brownlow.

We're so boring.

Shot memory, last year Richo was the life of the party.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
IanG said:
Shot memory, last year Richo was the life of the party.

I mean our overall team not just one player who was a dark horse.

I hardly see any of our boys with a chick especially in the blue carpet arrivals.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
Col.W.Kurtz said:
Cooney got 3 votes???? Umpires' lack of understanding of the game is the only thing that can make people like mike Sheenan look knowledgeable.

I've always thought its asking a lot of umpires to adjudicate games AND be able to decipher who the best players in a game are. In the end its all opinion as well. What criteria do you look for in deciphering the best player on the ground?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Ablett deserved it but............another midfielder?

Reform is needed I think.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Col.W.Kurtz said:

Cooney was injured most of the year.

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
GoodOne said:
I've always thought its asking a lot of umpires to adjudicate games AND be able to decipher who the best players in a game are. In the end its all opinion as well. What criteria do you look for in deciphering the best player on the ground?

Interesting question. I actually play in a league where we have to give votes for BOG after we play and I must admit it's pretty hard to give good votes about a game you just played in. But I do have a basic understanding of who was matched up with who, and even though I play in the midfield I don't always give 3 votes to midfielders, I give them to the people who I though clearly won their match up and were difference makers.

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
IanG said:

Take a look at this, when you consider he gets tagged hard, earns plenty of his own footy and uses it well that looks like a 15-20 vote season to me.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-western-bulldogs--adam-cooney

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Col.W.Kurtz said:

That was for his game on Jackson I think!!

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
jb03 said:
That was for his game on Jackson I think!!

Jackson actually got a vote that day too, and out polled Cooney for the year.

I've always said Umpires have an good insight on the game.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
IanG said:

You really don't see any games do you? Cooney played some blinders this year. Had a quiet start to the season but was humming in the 2nd half of the year.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
and if this was Ablett's worst season he should have won three in a row!

MVP is a far, far better indication than the Clownlow. Need to p!ss the umpires off.

Just accept it for what it is - the umpires' award. Its allure is part tradition, part hype. There may well come a time when the Brownlow isn't the most prestigious award in football.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
TigerForce said:

We're so boring.

Gee TF, what about Richo last year? Was one of the best medal counts for a while, and Richo had a central role in it.