Richmond Central AFC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Central AFC

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
Thought I may as well start a thread on the travails of the OTHER senior football club in Richmond, the one in the D4 amateurs. As many of you know I am on the committee of this club as we rebuild for the future. (So far I have had a staggering ZERO PMs from PREnders aged 18-40 who have average foot skills but have no trouble slagging off blokes at AFL level for the same or lesser crimes. ;D Anyone who wants a kick give me a PM any time.)

We have Round 1 tomorrow away at Bulleen. Bulleen are a good side who are very crook at going out of the finals last year in straight sets. We will probably get flogged, although we have a very winnable match against Eley Park the following week. But we will look the part tomorrow.

Finally today at 5.30pm we got our new batch of jumpers. This is despite us placing the order on 31 January in order to get a discount. The mob who manufacture the jumpers have an exclusive deal with the league for pretty much all textiles-related activities (ie we are prohibited from using anyone else). I won't name them but they are worse than useless. The exclusive deal apparently being cause for wilful obstinacy and laziness on their part -- they didn't even start making our jumpers until about two o'clock on Wednesday afternoon! Slack, slack, slack. :mad: But the positive side is that this time we got our jumpers CORRECT.

Last year we did a minimal order, and something about them didn't look right. When we got the forms for this year they had our jumper as being black with a gold sash. No bloody wonder they looked funny. The president and I got into some strident correspondence with the garment people. We do not have a gold sash, we have a yellow sash, we play in Richmond colours and the Richmond colours are YELLOW AND BLACK, it's not in the song just for the hell of it and if you even think about making us jumpers with gold sashes instead of yellow we will find Ricky McLean and tell him you are a pack of nonces who enjoy doing questionable things to cute furry animals.

RESULT: I have a nice pile of black jumpers with yellow sashes to distribute tomorrow. I also have a bag full of yellow and black hooped socks to distribute. If any PREnder wants to buy Richmond socks at Rebel Sport in the next few days, don't go to any of the branches in town because I've cleaned out the lot. :thumbsup ;D

So we may get a pasting tomorrow, but at least we will look the part. And everyone is registered, and all the paperwork is done, and we have a whole stack of new blokes looking to take the club forward. Amateur footy is back*. Love it. C'arn Centrals!

* Not for me just yet. I have chronic groin soreness. Stop giggling like a schoolgirl. Yes, that means you. :spin

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
:hihi :clap Good stuff Ready. I look forward to hearing all about the snakes this year.
I might come down have a look tomorrow. Where is Bulleen's ground and what time does the game start?

P.S Can you get a game without training :D :hihi

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Ready said:
Last year we did a minimal order, and something about them didn't look right. When we got the forms for this year they had our jumper as being black with a gold sash. No bloody wonder they looked funny. The president and I got into some strident correspondence with the garment people. We do not have a gold sash, we have a yellow sash, we play in Richmond colours and the Richmond colours are YELLOW AND BLACK, it's not in the song just for the hell of it and if you even think about making us jumpers with gold sashes instead of yellow we will find Ricky McLean and tell him you are a pack of nonces who enjoy doing questionable things to cute furry animals.
Are they canary yellow or more of a banana yellow?

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing
Good luck for the season Ready. Funnily enough, I bought yellow and black socks for my sons today at Rebel - you didn't get as far as Werribee Plaza. ;D They start hockey this week for Werribee (Tigers as well, their club song is the Richmond one).

And good on you and your President sticking to your guns. Gold sash indeed! :mad:

Go Centrals! :emblem

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
If there was indeed a gold sash guernsey in the offing I am sure the designer of said gold sashed guernsey would be more than keen to see you run out in footy shorts with the arse cheeks cut out!!
Think of the restaraunt owner in Good Morning Vietnam. ;)

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
Tigerdog said:
:hihi :clap Good stuff Ready. I look forward to hearing all about the snakes this year.
I might come down have a look tomorrow. Where is Bulleen's ground and what time does the game start?

P.S Can you get a game without training :D  :hihi

Furneaux Grove, Bulleen (off Thompsons Rd). Melway 32 F10. Reserves at 11.45am and seniors at 2.10pm. I will be the tall bloke with bloodshot eyes, having gone without a lot of sleep this week in order to make sure we have everything prepared.

Can't get a game tomorrow but if you come down Tuesday or Thursday next week you'd have to be some sort of a chance.  ;D

Tigers of Olden Days, I would say they are more of an Imperial Yellow. :thumbsup

Concur Jools, gold indeed.  :mad: ;D

Never saw Good Morning Vietnam, maybe this is a good thing? :cutelaugh

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Haha I was thinking of coming down to watch, not play. :p

Your supplier sounds as though he may have similar ideas to GMV character that I mentioned before. ;)

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Good on you Ready. Played a year for Bulleen, good bunch of guys.

Used to also play against a Richmond side in the mid 90's in the Southern League (formerly Eastern Suburban Churches comp). Is this the same Richmond? Think they may have gone by the of Richmond Amateurs? Not exactly sure. Used to have some almighty punch ons with them - usually got my head smacked in too.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Ready said:
Tigerdog said:
Tigers of Olden Days, I would say they are more of an Imperial Yellow. :thumbsup

Imperial yellow huh?

But the song doesn't actually specify that shade, so how did you draw that conclusion? You're taking a bit of licence there I'd say. :spin

For what it's worth I'd consider gold a shade of yellow, but hey who's being picky?

In fact I'd go so far as to say our last premiership side played in gold(yellow) and black jumpers.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. The shades of the jumper have changed over the course of the Richmond generations.

It's not as if there's been a style guide that the club has to adhere to.

Good luck with your season.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
ToO I was envisaging an actual attempt at gold in a taffeta style. LMAO Kerri Ann type stuff. That type of gold can't be described as a shade of yellow. ;)
But I agree with your point about the different shades of yellow we have used on our gurnseys over the years.
JB... Did the East Suburban Churches comp get swallowed by the ammos a few years back? Or a different league?

Crystal

Tiger Champion
May 5, 2005
Sydney
Good luck tomorrow Ready and well done for making it all happen! :clap :clap :clap

(ps, hope the groin recovery is a speedy one. ;) :hihi :hihi)

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Tigerdog said:
ToO I was envisaging an actual attempt at gold in a taffeta style. LMAO Kerri Ann type stuff. That type of gold can't be described as a shade of yellow. ;)
But I agree with your point about the different shades of yellow we have used on our gurnseys over the years.
JB... Did the East Suburban Churches comp get swallowed by the ammos a few years back? Or a different league?

No it got swallowed up by the South East Suburban League which I think then became the Southern League (or in turn got swallowed up.). It was a bit unfortunate for me as I was playing for Lower Plenty and the nearest team to us was East Kew. Most of the teams were south suburban teams so it was a long trip home after a loss to teams such Dandenong South!

This in turn was the main reason for our push and ultimate inclusion in to the Diamond Valley League.

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
The gold is like Wolves' kit in England... ie that powdered chemical cheese you get on Doritos corn chips.  :-X Not worthy of being labelled yellow.

Jason Baldwin, the mob you are referring to played at Citizens Park (Church St and Highett St)? They fell by the wayside in the mid-90s, and yes, they had a reputation as a "physical" side (as it seems you found out). Nowadays it's just us and the juniors (who have gone back to Citizens Park this year). Interestingly we have some former junior players at Centrals, and they say Tom Roach was not the best player in the premiership his age group won in about under-14s. Unfortunately other distractions got the better of a couple of very handy players.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Ready said:
The gold is like Wolves' kit in England... ie that powdered chemical cheese you get on Doritos corn chips. :-X Not worthy of being labelled yellow.

Well that explains everything then! Can't have you all running around looking like half eaten CC's ;)

What possie are your playing ready?

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
I'm a ruckman, although injured at present. Although I have also played full back, centre half back, on the wing and on a couple of occasions as a rover (due to confusion :hihi ). I am useless up forward :-[ but have managed to kick eight goals for the club (and yes, I can remember them all ;D ;D ;D ) , especially the checkside from the boundary against Old Westbourne, on the run from 45 against Eltham at home, and best of all, from inside the centre square out at Elsternwick. This last one was entirely due to having a gale force 9 northerly at my back. :cutelaugh

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
Thought that might draw you in. ;D

Just like against Footscray, the promise of a new season dawns.

God I hope we don't get beat by 20 goals. :-X