Richmond Central AFC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Central AFC

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tha Snakes on the winners list again! That's 2 wins this season!
What has caused the massive turnaround Ready?
The 2's aren't travelling so well though.

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
The turnaround has been caused by an enormous amount of hard work in very aspect of the club. The thing is that it's taken 18 months for it all to accumulate and translate into improved performances. Our senior coach has thus far proved a very astute appointment. Our recruiting: last year we made the cake, this year we've added a little icing. Maybe some marzipan fruit eventually. ( :headscratch )

The twos are suffering from the rotational policy we've had to implement from having too many numbers (a new and bewildering situation for all concerned). Twelve ins and outs after the first week, ten the second. However as the season goes on with injuries, work absences, and so on we will be eventually selecting a best 22. On Saturday we were outplayed for three quarters then finally got it together for the first time this season and kicked four goals to nil in the last. It will come together eventually.

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
I have been awake for twenty-nine hours straight. Seven at work (*smile* night shift covering for malingering colleagues), one at the pool for Ready Time (no phone, no email, bliss) and the remainder on football business including phone conversations on buses and trams. Throw in the impending Adelaide debacle and that'll make thirty-six at the minimum (no illegal substances were or will be part of this marathon).

Hands up who wants to be a football administrator? :wavey

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
Made it to thirty-two hours before a 75' powernap, then up again watching the Tiges.

On the go from 7am this morning. Halfway through the third quarter of the twos got a shocking cheap shot in a marking contest, forearm vs nose and forearm won, blood coming out like a tap was turned on. By the time I hit the ground it was all over my face, hands, wrists, jumper and shorts. This is what happens when you expose the old, fat, slow, *smile* and useless. Straight off the ground, bleeding slowed enough to stick two cotton wool balls up the nose and apply a wraparound bandage a la David Bourke at Football Park (Round 9,1999). Took almost a quarter to accomplish that but then straight back on the ground. Not giving the bastard the satsfaction :wavey but unfortunately we lost by six goals.

In the ones, left it too late and lost by three points when storming home. Opposition coach Peter Bedford (yes, the 1970 Brownlow Medallist) locked his players in the rooms and abused them for not thrashing us! Some of these people need to realise that Centrals are finally on the march again.

Moral victory today (plus a broken nose -- lucky I was no oil painting to start with).

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing
Well Ready, you can say you had something in common with Richo this weekend.

Bad luck, hope it's a better result next weekend, and you get more sleep.

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
About time there was an update....

Since the excitement of the Punt Road game we have lost by 3 goals to the third-placed side and then won two in a row, both times running away with it from half-way through the third quarter onwards.

This week we play the upstarts from South Mornington. Tough game but we are up to winning three games in a row :nodyes (for the first time in seven seasons :eek: )

Also on Saturday is LADIES DAY involving lunch which involves champagne and who knows what else. Just in case we have placed a full battalion of riot police on standby :eek:

The rebuilding continues to gather momentum, 2008 promises much already :fing32

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
Maybe we plan sensibly and are starting to know what we're doing! :wavey

Beat the bogans today :fing32

3 in a row for the first time since 2000 :eek:

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
Yes, that is us on the Footy Show.

No, I'm not there. I'm in Brisbane 'cos that was arranged months ago and the Footy Show was only organised on Tuesday.

Yes, I'm panicking that things are well out of hand down there.

And I won't see the debacle until about 1.30am. :-\

Eric

Tiger Rookie
May 1, 2005
We have a bit of an uphill battle to make the 5 this year. Have a decent side but are struggling to get them all on the park together. Had the bye this week so hopefully get a few back next week on the charge to the finals!