Richmond fails in radical trade plan (TheBladder) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond fails in radical trade plan (TheBladder)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Richmond fails in radical trade plan
by STAFF REPORTERS

"Richardson: a write-off"
Richmond has been dealt a post-season blow after failing in a radical plan to overhaul its player list this week.

The Tigers applied to trade their entire squad, but ditched the plan after an official League valuation assessor offered the club one third-round draft pick "for the job lot".

The assessor's report contained damning verdicts on the Tiger list. It found that many of the Richmond players needed serious bodywork, while others were faded, or had badly worn engines. Star forward Matthew Richardson was deemed "barely roadworthy", and issued with a yellow ticket.

The assessor said he was disappointed not to have been able to make the club a better offer, but said many of the players would in fact be more trouble to a new owner than they were worth.

"In all honesty, we think a third-round draft pick is more than they'd get if they took their list elsewhere," the assessor said.

Richmond coach Danny Frawley said he was disappointed by the League's offer. He described the knockback as the club's biggest "since that time we pawned Nick Daffy".

He admitted the Tigers probably had no option now than to go into the 2004 season with most of their current players.

"Oh well, back to square one, I guess," he said.