Richmond Launch New Clothing Line | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Launch New Clothing Line

Tiger in a Tube

Richmond Redeemer
Sep 11, 2003
www.puntroad.com
from www.puntroad.com/content
===============

The Richmond Football Club Membership department has launched an innovative clothing line, designed to capitalise on the Tigers' fans greatest strength - their ability to sit through week and week, year after year of disappointment.

Richmond CEO Ian Campbell said, "Yeah look they keep coming up with the goods down there in the Membership Department. The clothing line is based upon the concept that one day, one day soon, the Tigers will once again be a force in football and every closet supporter will come out and claim that they were there in the stands when in fact they weren't. The 18,000 that turn up to the game on Friday will be eligible to recieve a t-shirt or jacket with the words "I was there when we were *smile*". There is a g-rated version which says, "I was there when we were horrible", because we like to think of the kids."

"Underneath the words, you'll be able to put in the dates that you've been a member for, ie how long you've had to sit in the stands and put up with it."

"The aim of the t-shirts is to be warn in the future, and so act as a source of pride in your belief in the team. . .or maybe to prove that you're pretty stupid."

"We reckon they've kicked a goal with this one as well. In fact, we might even put Trent Jacobs (Membership Manager) in a forward pocket this Friday night against the Crows.
===============
images of a t-shirt design available at www.puntroad.com/content

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What's the quality of these things gonna be like ?

If they are anything like the other cheapo sh*t that they have down there they'll disintergrate before we get to 2049 and can use them.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Absolutely.

Given there's a heap of members who keep ripping up their memberships, going awol, then returning a year or two later on the promise of better things, it might be a good idea to automatically pre-print them with multiple member dates.

What chance of getting a symbol on there as well ? i.e. man crying... or man venting spleen...man being arrested

WildTiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 3, 2004
You had my hopes up there for a sec I thought the Heading of this Topic was "Richmond launches new coaching line"

bourkebarrotclay

Tiger Cub
Feb 29, 2004
The sad thing is I have an old RFC windcheater from 1990 with the words, "tough times don't last, tough people do".

The only time I wore it to the footy was the 1995 2nd semi.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
but wait, as an added bonus the RFC will throw in a limited edition wooden spoon, but wait there's more, you'll also recieve a a free pair of dirty dog sunnies and a Richmond members cap so when you go the boo the boys when they attempt to play, you'll be saved the embarassment of being recognised in public.

Tigers Let’s Roar

Long time reader, spasmodic contributor
Apr 22, 2004
Melbourne
bourkebarrotclay said:
The sad thing is I have an old RFC windcheater from 1990 with the words, "tough times don't last, tough people do".

The only time I wore it to the footy was the 1995 2nd semi.

LOL