Richmond Membership Tally 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Membership Tally 2020

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I guess I'd better join my 7 month old Granddaughter up. I may wait until next year.
Her room has a 2017 Premiership Poster on the wardrobe door. Her big brother left it for her when he moved to different one.
Every time, after we change her nappy & as we're carry her out of the room, she reaches out to touch the Tiger & caress the Premiership cup. She has a big smile as she does it, making this old Tigers heart absolutely burst with joy.
Incedenttly, her faovourite Wiggle is Emma, who just happens to be in Yellow& Black

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Just notched up 97,000 members today......amazing!!!!
if the season gets up and running, and we continue to do well in what will be very modified conditions, then I think we’ll still
hit the 100k .......how good would that be givin these diabolical circumstances?

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
97000 members. That says something about the Tigers fans who are still contributing membership fees even with no games in the immediate future.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
If they have money to spare and spend it on the club then I don't care

Sorry UKT, I was being facetious with that remark, there're a lot of other clubs supporters claiming that we've got a lot of members who are "jumping on our Bandwagon"
Which is a load of cr@p

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Sorry UKT, I was being facetious with that remark, there're a lot of other clubs supporters claiming that we've got a lot of members who are "jumping on our Bandwagon"
Which is a load of cr@p

Fair enough. The problem is though there are some fair weather supporters who join a club during it's successful period and as soon as the clubs drops off a bit they run to another club having a bit of success. It is the same in any sport.
I saw my first game of footy in 2001 when I was working in Oz on contract and it has been the Tigers ever since through thick and thin.
They say a footy club is for life not just a season!

Feb 25, 2007
As of 20/03/20
Members: 96,655

As of 15/05/20

I know its been a slow 2 months but totally understandable in these very uncertain times but so pleasing to see almost 350 memberships sold.
My membership and my wife's are on auto-renew but the 2 little tackers i hadn't bought theirs yet but will buy theirs in the next week to contribute to the overall tally.
Just hope by the time finals comes around we have hit100K

Stay safe and stay strong TIGER ARMY

Screenshot_112.png

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Which is a load of cr@p
I am sure there are bandwagoners but when a club gets successful everyone of them has an increase in membership, so we can call the bandwagoners if we like. Your underlying premise is of course correct. Our membership has increased every year right through the last decade without us winning a final until 2017. I am not sure there is a another club in Australia that would see that happen.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I suspect we'll make it to 100k again. We'll do what many other clubs do and offer free membership whenever you buy a sponsors product, then we'll donate dome to our charity partners etc. Then finally offer some sort of upgrade where you buy one this year and it includes a 2021 membership as well.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
i'm sceptical of these figures. there will be people who would have asked for a refund, meaning the figure should go down a little. I'd be very surprised if all 97,000 retained their membership.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
i'm sceptical of these figures. there will be people who would have asked for a refund, meaning the figure should go down a little. I'd be very surprised if all 97,000 retained their membership.

Well, let’s not count ourselves amongst those seeking a refund and enjoy the resumption of the season. The game is on.

I would rather get a rebate on my car insurance owing to the travel restitutions reducing my car usage than seeking a membership refund or rebate.