Richmond Photo/Gif Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Photo/Gif Thread

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Love that Higgo Goal of the Year pic. (previous page)
And the trail of C'wood bodies in the foreground!

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I believe they’re Team of The Century members captured in iconic moments in their careers

Some would be ToC but not all
That‘s Jimmy Jess on the left - and Laurie Fowler cleaning up Big Nick in the background
Mauricle Rioli is there - not sure about No 22 but looks like Barry Rowlings
Others I’m not sure of such as the bloke being tackled by Knights

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
I believe they’re Team of The Century members captured in iconic moments in their careers
that one is called Tigers Dream Scene - 50 Years at the MCG by Jamie Cooper, who also did the Tigers Team of the Century Painting:

1588903841453.png

Jamie's done a lot of footy paintings as well as for Major League Baseball and European football clubs.
Here is the 2017 GF team, with Peggy, Benny and Richo:
1588904236535.png

Reactions: 4 users

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
that one is called Tigers Dream Scene - 50 Years at the MCG by Jamie Cooper, who also did the Tigers Team of the Century Painting:

View attachment 9864

Jamie's done a lot of footy paintings as well as for Major League Baseball and European football clubs.
Here is the 2017 GF team, with Peggy, Benny and Richo:
View attachment 9865
Thanks Larabee. Jamie's work is awesome. I purchased a copy of the 2017 painting and it hangs proudly in our house. I saw it in the Superstore when we were buying some
footy gear for my son and daughter and I kept coming back looking at it, before taking the plunge!

I bought a small reprint copy of the Tigers dream scene from the Market and have been trying to name all of the players. The Team of the Century painting looks great also. I was wondering if Jamie will do a painting of the 2019 triumph.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Some would be ToC but not all
That‘s Jimmy Jess on the left - and Laurie Fowler cleaning up Big Nick in the background
Mauricle Rioli is there - not sure about No 22 but looks like Barry Rowlings
Others I’m not sure of such as the bloke being tackled by Knights
Wondered that myself. ... Apparently it's supposed to be Francis and you're correct about Rowlings.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Thanks Larabee. Jamie's work is awesome. I purchased a copy of the 2017 painting and it hangs proudly in our house. I saw it in the Superstore when we were buying some
footy gear for my son and daughter and I kept coming back looking at it, before taking the plunge!

I bought a small reprint copy of the Tigers dream scene from the Market and have been trying to name all of the players. The Team of the Century painting looks great also. I was wondering if Jamie will do a painting of the 2019 triumph.
No worries Ossie.
He does some great stuff, and his attention to detail - note the ice pick in Dimma's hand. A reference I assume to the famous Mt Everest theme for the 2017 GF.

Had a look at his gallery on his website - no mention of a 2019 painting

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
No worries Ossie.
He does some great stuff, and his attention to detail - note the ice pick in Dimma's hand. A reference I assume to the famous Mt Everest theme for the 2017 GF.

Had a look at his gallery on his website - no mention of a 2019 painting

Thanks very much Larabee. Yes the attention to detail is what caught my eye. I kept going back noticing how Jamie had captured the moments, although I hadn't noticed the ice pick before! Love the Power Ranger toy in Dion's hand!

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
There is an argument that he is as important as anyone else in us winning those flags. When the statute of limitations is up I'm sure it will come out one day, but don't underestimate his off-field influence.
The SOL has well and truly expired so do tell how Jeromey Webberley was “as important as anyone else in us winning those flags” in 2017 & 2019. The guy who played 16 games over 3 seasons from 2010 to 2012. I gotsta know!