Richmond Photo/Gif Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Photo/Gif Thread

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
View attachment 9886

View attachment 9887

Six years ago yesterday the great man passed away.
Loved hearing Tommy speak, just so passionate. Barry Richardson told a funny Tommy story a few weeks ago when on radio speaking about Michael Bowden's passing. He said that himself, Michael Green and Bowdo were Uni students who thought about the big world picture more so than Tommy did, who was very focused on the Tigers. Bones said that the three of them were jogging some warm up laps before a training session one night. The moon landing had just happened and the boys thought that they would see if the historic event had come to Tommy's attention. They asked Tom what he thought of a man walking on the moon. Tommy paused for a moment, tilted his head to the right and said "do you reckon it will help us make the four?" Classic Tommy! Well it might have helped, as we went on a seven game winning streak to make the finals and win the flag!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
18079511421_d15163db54_o.jpg
Must have been after a rare win under KB. Love how micky mitchell is the muddiest. Always went in hard, loved him.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
View attachment 9892
Must have been after a rare win under KB. Love how micky mitchell is the muddiest. Always went in hard, loved him.
I reckon this is after a 1991 game when we beat the Bombers at Windy Hill on a very muddy ground. The earlier photo of Flea is also from that game.
Brian Leys, Andy Goodwin, KB, Michael Mitchell and Al Scott.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep Leysey, Mitch, and big Andy Goodwin and Alistair Scott.

Goodwin loved him what a goer he was tough as and mad as a cut snake !!!

Mitchell one of my all time faves.

Reactions: 1 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
How crazy was Andy Goodwin. .... ya can see it in his eyes! View attachment 9893

Yeah one of my favs. I remember he was a plumber and I would always beg my parents that if we ever needed plumbing done at our house could we get andy goodwin. Never happened unfortunately.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user