Richmond Photo/Gif Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Photo/Gif Thread

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
A tale of two teams

2017 2nd Qualifying Final
2017 QF 1.jpg2017 QF 2.jpg

2019 2nd Preliminary Final
2019 PF 1.jpg
2019 PF 2.jpg

2020 Grand Final
2020 GF 1.jpg
2020 GF 2.jpg

*smile* Yeah!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
While we ( rightly) eulogise Dusty as one of the greatest finals players of all time perhaps this clip might remind a few how good KB was in finals.

Mind you I wont put 8 goals in a final beyond Dusty when he has played 340 games and is playing as a permanent forward ( but it's a fair ask)

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
While we ( rightly) eulogise Dusty as one of the greatest finals players of all time perhaps this clip might remind a few how good KB was in finals.

Mind you I wont put 8 goals in a final beyond Dusty when he has played 340 games and is playing as a permanent forward ( but it's a fair ask)

Dusty would already have scored 8 goals in a final if he didn't dish off too.

Reactions: 1 user

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Tommy would get all that finessin' out of Dusty's game.

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

KB and lethals finals records are incredible (basically the same disposal average and twice the goal average from twice the finals as dusty). Royce's record is imposing too

But what Dusty did for NS no.3 was astonishing.

There probably is some recent bias in our deifying (hold off on the eulogising) of dusty,

But 3 norm smiths is pretty *smile* empirical.

Plus i anticipate dusty is only really halfway through his finals career.

4 or 5 norm smiths is probably more likely than not.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
KB and lethals finals records are incredible (basically the same disposal average and twice the goal average from twice the finals as dusty). Royce's record is imposing too

But what Dusty did for NS no.3 was astonishing.

There probably is some recent bias in our deifying (hold off on the eulogising) of dusty, Good point

But 3 norm smiths is pretty *smile* empirical.

Plus i anticipate dusty is only really halfway through his finals career.

4 or 5 norm smiths is probably more likely than not.
Just need to remind him not to get ahead of himself. He's got a bit of work to do:)

Norm Smith wasn't awarded till 1979 . I'd imagine KB was close to BOG in a fair few grannies. Also Richmond B & F and best player in the league (by a margin) in premiership years 73 and 74.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Very hard to compare different eras.
True. I've been lucky to witness both. Probably took KB for granted as it was expected he'd play a ripper game week in week out. Dusty for pure zen/matrix mastery provides an extra dimension of awe. I like to live in the present and like the boys cherish the journey so nothing beats now ATM!. BTW Royce wasn't bad either!!!

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Just need to remind him not to get ahead of himself. He's got a bit of work to do:)

Norm Smith wasn't awarded till 1979 . I'd imagine KB was close to BOG in a fair few grannies. Also Richmond B & F and best player in the league (by a margin) in premiership years 73 and 74.
Would be interesting to see a list of BnF winners of grand finals going back over the years. Doesn't really matter whether it's called the Normie or whatever. I doubt very much there'd be many other players got BOG in 3 grannies whatever era.