Richmond V Brisbane, precursor to Geelong heartbreak | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond V Brisbane, precursor to Geelong heartbreak

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
To put this win into perspective Brisbane had averaged 66 points per game over the first 4 games. Had a massive 250 plus percentage.
In good football conditions Richmond kept them to 14 points.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
To put this win into perspective Brisbane had averaged 66 points per game over the first 4 games. Had a massive 250 plus percentage.
Under selling Brisbane went into the game with a percentage of 322%o_O

• Wow

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
BTW Typical Molan game, skirts the packs, doesn't chase, slow, slow by mind. I'd be changing my hairstyle if I was Egan as she keeps getting called Molan, one of the bigger offensive terms you could call her I'd think.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
BTW Typical Molan game, skirts the packs, doesn't chase, slow, slow by mind. I'd be changing my hairstyle if I was Egan as she keeps getting called Molan, one of the bigger offensive terms you could call her I'd think.
What an insult. Egan has been a good pick up. Carlton has been good to us

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Great win, good crowd at the game, we have become very hard to score against.

DS
I was there and it was pretty damn tense and exciting. I've been critical of our drafting but Sheerin at pick 58 out of NSW was a masterstroke and ditto trading Frederick for Shevlin (which also included an upgrade in the drafting order).

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I was there and it was pretty damn tense and exciting. I've been critical of our drafting but Sheerin at pick 58 out of NSW was a masterstroke and ditto trading Frederick for Shevlin (which also included an upgrade in the drafting order).

Sure was tense there, especially after seeing Adelaide run over the top of us a few weeks back. Just great to win.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Was a crazy good win, the desperation to hold on just outstanding

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Why is scoring so low this year, generally? I thought as the women improved, scoring would go up, but it seems the improvement has come in the defensive side of the game without a similar improvement in the offensive side. Can’t keep watching games that have 3, 4 and 5 goals kicked in total.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Why is scoring so low this year, generally? I thought as the women improved, scoring would go up, but it seems the improvement has come in the defensive side of the game without a similar improvement in the offensive side. Can’t keep watching games that have 3, 4 and 5 goals kicked in total.
Not all teams are low scoring.
Brisbane were averaging over 60 points a game before this weekend with 15 minute quarters.
Adelaide beat GWS today 97-1!
But overall in AFLW, take in to consideration shorter quarters, more kicks to get from one end to the other, skills (improving) games are going to be lower scoring. although goal kicking accuracy needs to improve which will increase scores.

Doesn’t mean unwatchable though, me and my daughters still enjoyed the game yesterday

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yeah agree. HTB is a lottery but the other one paid randomly is the sling tackle. We have one paid against us in our F50 when both arms are free and I don't think she hit her head, compare that to the one right at the end on McLlelland who was slung onto her head and the dump pays a throw. Add that to the ludricrous free paid against either Jacques or Brancatisano for sliding below the knee in our F50 again.

Umpiring as always is atrocious at this level. I have no idea why the AFL aren't giving them better umpires. Why aren't the AFL mens umpires umpiring these games?

Yet again the Match Review shows how inept the umpires are in our games.

Richmond players tackle, ump pays a sling - match review do nothing correctly
Brisbane players tackle with a big swing, ump pays a throw - match review reprimand the Brisbane player

• Wow