Richmond v Brisbane QF: The Sequel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Brisbane QF: The Sequel

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
The old codger reckons Dusty has weakness :rotfl1
Just boot another 6 dusty to shut this old fart up.

So does Lachie Neale.........can't hit the side of a barn or kick over a jam tin. You don't hear Dimma making those comments though.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
So does Lachie Neale.........can't hit the side of a barn or kick over a jam tin. You don't hear Dimma making those comments though.
That’s not how we operate.
This is out of the Chris Scott handbook. Didn’t do him any good against us.
His old coach at the Hawks. Hasn’t done him any good the last two years.

Us vs the rest mentality.
This is where you want a Hafey, Northey special talk .. Dimma has become a great story teller.

He probably doesn’t need one this game.

The Lions have given the team, his players plenty these past few weeks. This week more so.

Friday can’t come quick enough.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
The old codger reckons Dusty has weakness :rotfl1
Just boot another 6 dusty to shut this old fart up.

I love your work Zips, but I don't mind Fagan. I thought he's presser was pretty respectful of us. You've got to remember he's got the additional job of selling hope to fans in a non football state. Think he's done an amazing job with the young list he's got.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

watch the finals match against the bears last year. Zorko can’t hit a target under a little bit of pressure.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Fagan is seemed genuinely bemused by our last two wins against them. So many indicators said that the Lions were a better or at least equal team on the day but the end result wasn't even close . You could tell that by the way he spoke after both games

It's the same thing the footy media nuffies have yet to work out as well. We seem to lose many of the indicators that win games but we win on the scoreboard.

Fagan is a smart coach but I don't think he has yet worked out how to beat us. That doesn't mean we automatically win because we still need to play close to our potential but to me what it means is that if we bring our game we will win.

Reactions: 7 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Fagan is seemed genuinely bemused by our last two wins against them. So many indicators said that the Lions were a better or at least equal team on the day but the end result wasn't even close . You could tell that by the way he spoke after both games

It's the same thing the footy media nuffies have yet to work out as well. We seem to lose many of the indicators that win games but we win on the scoreboard.

Fagan is a smart coach but I don't think he has yet worked out how to beat us. That doesn't mean we automatically win because we still need to play close to our potential but to me what it means is that if we bring our game we will win.
I also heard this morning( didn’t catch the full sentence) , that the Tigers lead in all the indicators in the past month . Heard Garry say that but I missed what they were.

Anyone hear this?
Or know what they are?

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
Umpires for the Lions v Tigers Final are Ryan, Gianfagna & Mollison. I think Ryan is generally good, never heard of Gianfagna and Mollison has caused me to use some bad language at times. :)

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I also heard this morning( didn’t catch the full sentence) , that the Tigers lead in all the indicators in the past month . Heard Garry say that but I missed what they were.

Anyone hear this?
Or know what they are?
Not sure what they are but for instance we haven’t won the clearances much lately, if at all. We consistently lose contested possessions as well.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Not sure what they are but for instance we haven’t won the clearances much lately, if at all. We consistently lose contested possessions as well.
Think he said 5/6.
I agree.
Centre clearances & contested processions. So what they are I’m a little baffled.
Someone who is a stats guru could work out what we lead in ( past month ).

I50’s
Time in forward half
F50 entries
No 1 Backline
Turnover kings

?????????????

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013

Anyone hear this?
Or know what they are?
Downloaded the podcast and found the comment for ya, Waiting.
Didn't list them but Gawwy said "they are 1 or 2 in all of the key categories". Then counted them up and said 1 or 2 in six of the seven he had listed. Said better shape than last year. Last 5 weeks better than last year. "the team to beat".

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Downloaded the podcast and found the comment for ya, Waiting.
Didn't list them but Gawwy said "they are 1 or 2 in all of the key categories". Then counted them up and said 1 or 2 in six of the seven he had listed. Said better shape than last year. Last 5 weeks better than last year. "the team to beat".
Thanks Quickdraw.
Was going to do the same before I go to sleep.
Thank you.
So I did hear part of it correctly ( he didn’t list them ). Got my 5 ‘s wrong.
Wonder what they are.

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I love your work Zips, but I don't mind Fagan. I thought he's presser was pretty respectful of us. You've got to remember he's got the additional job of selling hope to fans in a non football state. Think he's done an amazing job with the young list he's got.

Can't stand him

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Umpires for the Lions v Tigers Final are Ryan, Gianfagna & Mollison. I think Ryan is generally good, never heard of Gianfagna and Mollison has caused me to use some bad language at times. :)

Isn't mollison the one that has paid us one free kick and 20 against??

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
Isn't mollison the one that has paid us one free kick and 20 against??
I heard that we have the lowest winning percentage of 50% when Mollison umpires us in the past few years. A pretty solid effort when the field includes O'Gorman, Deboy and Fisher!

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
Lions kick straight we will have a tough game on our hands.

No walk in the park.

We will have to be at our top.

Eat 'em alive.

Go Tiges!