Richmond v Westcoast cancelled???? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Westcoast cancelled????

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Given that the footy is boring at the moment I thought I would weigh in on this thread .
Some facts: it is the first time ever a corona virus has been called a pandemic. There is no vaccine for the flu and we live with that.This virus is yet another strain because viruses mutate hence the low chance of any vaccine becoming available.32 million people have died from the aids virus and there never has been a lock down. Sars no lock down.

Wrong. Corona and flu are different classes of virus. The flu virus does mutate more rapidly than corona viruses. We do have flu vaccines - what do you think "flu shots" are? Vitamin C?

Those that spout the one in a hundred year event because of what happened in 1919 are conning the community,On that basis the plague and other pestilences would re occur at regular intervals.Last count there were 7500 icu beds available for this event.Less than a hundred have been used.Given the co morbitity death rate labelling an 80 year old as dying of corona virus or heart disease is open to question especially when one has low immunity in the first place.Even aids related deaths have a pneumatic cause.

Wrong. HIV deaths can happen through respitory infections but can also happen a bunch of other ways related to failure of the immune system.

Look at the who influenza statistics during the same period of this virus and there are more deaths showing.

Wrong. We have half a million C19 deaths globally in around four months. Flu deaths, even Malaria are much lower. Second largest cause of death by disease daily right now.

1593603877497.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
You are again welcome to contest my argument - which of course you didn't actually do.
I'm in the fortunate position of not having to, @Sir

The world's foremost scientists, medical experts and policy makers have assessed the risk posed by COVID-19 and concluded it's a significant threat to mankind. They can do my bidding.

If you want to promote fringe ideas and conspiracy theories, I'm afraid it's on you to convince the world that all those eminent professionals have got it wrong.

Good luck with your campaign.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geez there is some crap written here.

To compare HIV/AIDS with COVID19 is to fundamentally (or deliberately) misunderstand both viruses. COVID19 is very contageous, it spreads very easily, asymptomatic people spread it and it is contageous for a long period. HIV/AIDS is very hard to catch, you have to exchange bodily fluids, hence easy to avoid.

Yes, it has not killed many people in Australia, but that is because we acted quickly and we took decisive action. In the USA it has killed twice as many people as the USA lost in the Vietnam War.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Wrong. Corona and flu are different classes of virus. The flu virus does mutate more rapidly than corona viruses. We do have flu vaccines - what do you think "flu shots" are? Vitamin C?

Wrong. HIV deaths can happen through respitory infections but can also happen a bunch of other ways related to failure of the immune system.

Wrong. We have half a million C19 deaths globally in around four months. Flu deaths, even Malaria are much lower. Second largest cause of death by disease daily right now.

View attachment 10029
it is a fact that the corona virus being called a pandemic is a first. Your point around the flu shots is not valid because if it was a true vaccine the flu would have been eradicated a long time ago and as you mentioned it mutates .Your comment about HIV deaths being caused by a bunch of things is true but this is also the case with corona.Low immunity coming from serious illnesses like heart disease,cancer,diabetes etc are the main statistical causes of death with corona.

Regarding your chart and comment around the daily deaths by corona. Just add seasonal flu and Pneumonia together and you have more in the same period.The reason I have chosen those two is they have the same symptoms and attack persons with a low immune system.Notice there are not classed as pandemics but around all the time.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Geez there is some crap written here.

To compare HIV/AIDS with COVID19 is to fundamentally (or deliberately) misunderstand both viruses. COVID19 is very contageous, it spreads very easily, asymptomatic people spread it and it is contageous for a long period. HIV/AIDS is very hard to catch, you have to exchange bodily fluids, hence easy to avoid.

Yes, it has not killed many people in Australia, but that is because we acted quickly and we took decisive action. In the USA it has killed twice as many people as the USA lost in the Vietnam War.

DS
If you care to re read my post it was saying there is no vaccine for HIV,nor the flu,and not likely one to be found for corona.And if you refer to Antman's last chart you can see that the seasonal flu and pneumonia cause more daily deaths than corona.No pandemic label on those.
Your comment on HIV?Easy to avoid? 32 million deaths.Perhaps not.
Your USA comment. Even now deaths per head of population is ranked 6th.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I get flu shots every year. What are they if not vaccines?

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
And i was looking forward to the
'Sooky Sooky Lala' Cup tonight.
Who honestly believes WC can recover if they get back home?
I personally believe they will improve slightly but teams won't fear playing them.
If WC get home and win 2 in a row, Gerald Healy might lose his Trousers too.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
For all the naysayers, why would governments worldwide risk economic collapse, not being re-elected and pissing off the population if it really wasn't a big deal and the facts were there to prove it?

What's the conspiracy theory? Italy's medical infra went into meltdown because of the virus. People of a certain age were turned away from hospitals no matter whether they had the virus, or just had a stroke, or a heart attack, or any other ailment. Spain turned a large ice skating rink in the middle of Madrid into a temporary morgue.

Why would that happen if it's all just *smile*?

Because if it doesn't affect me it doesn't exist.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Your point around the flu shots is not valid because if it was a true vaccine the flu would have been eradicated a long time ago and as you mentioned it mutates.

Dumbest thing I've read today

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I heard the new fixture is being released today. anyone know of the time? even I'm ready to accept its time to move everyone interstate for a month.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I heard the new fixture is being released today. anyone know of the time? even I'm ready to accept its time to move everyone interstate for a month.

Just came in.
Richmond vs Port Adelaide Mt Kilimanjaro oval
Gc vs Richmond K1 oval
Richmond vs Sydney at the wreckage of the Titanic
And Richmond vs Brisbane Siberia stadium.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Just came in.
Richmond vs Port Adelaide Mt Kilimanjaro oval
Gc vs Richmond K1 oval
Richmond vs Sydney at the wreckage of the Titanic
And Richmond vs Brisbane Siberia stadium.
I'm sick of this!

Every year we have to play a "Home Game" at bloody Siberia Stadium. Stinks.

All of our home games should be at the MCG.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
A lot of the dumb things being said on this thread have already been discussed /refuted on the coronavirus thread.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If you care to re read my post it was saying there is no vaccine for HIV,nor the flu,and not likely one to be found for corona.And if you refer to Antman's last chart you can see that the seasonal flu and pneumonia cause more daily deaths than corona.No pandemic label on those.
Your comment on HIV?Easy to avoid? 32 million deaths.Perhaps not.
Your USA comment. Even now deaths per head of population is ranked 6th.

There is no vaccine for HIV/AIDS, this is true. But you don't have to stay 1.5m away from someone to avoid HIV/AIDS you just have to avoid f***ing them or sharing a needle. Do you not get how different a blood borne virus and a respiratory virus are?

There is a vaccine for flu, it needs updating every year as flu mutates, mutates a lot faster and more than COVID19 seems to.

Over twice the deaths suffered in the USA than the Vietnam war, this in 6 months and COVID19 is not under control there, while the USA was involved in the Vietnam war for over 10 years. This is fine according to you?

Moronic.

DS

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
There is no vaccine for HIV/AIDS, this is true. But you don't have to stay 1.5m away from someone to avoid HIV/AIDS you just have to avoid f***ing them or sharing a needle. Do you not get how different a blood borne virus and a respiratory virus are?

There is a vaccine for flu, it needs updating every year as flu mutates, mutates a lot faster and more than COVID19 seems to.

Over twice the deaths suffered in the USA than the Vietnam war, this in 6 months and COVID19 is not under control there, while the USA was involved in the Vietnam war for over 10 years. This is fine according to you?

Moronic.

DS
OK so you are celibate and don't do needles.But the crux of the matter is both are viruses.They are called this because as you concur they mutate.A flu vaccine is no panacea because if it was there would be no seasonal flu deaths.

In 2007 SARS killed 7 million, hiv has collected 32 mill, and yes the USA many have died.All by viruses that have no true vaccine.And that is the point(moronic,or otherwise) that I stand by.And as others have pointed out this is a football thread and I will leave this alone.PM me if you want to.but not during the game!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
OK so you are celibate and don't do needles.But the crux of the matter is both are viruses.They are called this because as you concur they mutate.A flu vaccine is no panacea because if it was there would be no seasonal flu deaths.

In 2007 SARS killed 7 million, hiv has collected 32 mill, and yes the USA many have died.All by viruses that have no true vaccine.And that is the point(moronic,or otherwise) that I stand by.And as others have pointed out this is a football thread and I will leave this alone.PM me if you want to.but not during the game!

Or you could go over to the coronavirus thread if you need more help in separating fact from fiction.

COVID is not an Influenza
Influence has a vaccine
L2R2R thinks DavidSSS is a Mother *smile*, so he can't be celibate

These were all answered in the first page or two.