Richmond v Westcoast cancelled???? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Westcoast cancelled????

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Strewth, Bris. Those of us in Victoria would happily be in Queensland's position right now. Why would you ignore medical advice if there's a chance you could end up with a second spike like we have?

Dan the man is hated because it's outta control down here, Anna P in Qld is hated because she's too strict apparently. Bizarre thinking.

Reactions: 4 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Confirmed the Sunday early time slot.

Poorly performed so far we get the Sunday game with another poorly performed side who played an ugly brand , Melb.

Sides who have been going great could find themselves with their momentum possibly brought back to the fold....?
3.35 is the middle slot and so we are on 7

Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Unbelievable isn’t it?
The municipalities of Darebin and Hume have a large % activists who protested 3 weeks ago. Surprise surprise, those are the areas where the spike is!
Anyway, just can this season already. The Tigers look totally disinterested and frankly so am I.
You either do what you are told is in your and everybody else's best interests or you arrogantly go flag waving and virtue signalling. Sadly, we are getting more like the crazy americans (we laugh at) every day.

Contrast this to the Anzac observances!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Unbelievable isn’t it?
The municipalities of Darebin and Hume have a large % activists who protested 3 weeks ago. Surprise surprise, those are the areas where the spike is!
Anyway, just can this season already. The Tigers look totally disinterested and frankly so am I.
how do you know the % breakdown of activists across municipalities? send a link to the data. My bias would say Yarra, Moreland, Bayside as in St Kilda Elwood , Stonnington around Prahran etc would be equally inclined but I declare that is bias and stereotyping.
If we were winning I think your interest rate would rise... did you go into Hibernation 2004- 2012?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
how do you know the % breakdown of activists across municipalities? send a link to the data. My bias would say Yarra, Moreland, Bayside as in St Kilda Elwood , Stonnington around Prahran etc would be equally inclined but I declare that is bias and stereotyping.
If we were winning I think your interest rate would rise... did you go into Hibernation 2004- 2012?

Of course we dont mention the municipalities that likely didn't have a high turnout of BLM protesters yet are hotspots.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Any of you PREnders in Brissie purchased/received your tickets for Thursday?.....just wondered how many were allocated to RFC, and more important now, what’s the refund policy?

Tickets never made it to sale. They were due to be released at 9am this morning but pulled at the last minute. RFC members with a QLD address were to get one ticket for free. As far as I'm aware, there were enough tickets in our allocation for every QLD member to get one.

But, alas, it's all irrelevant now.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think the Tiger Army should declare war on the state of queensland.

this is clearly a provocative act of aggression, and they were already on thin ice after delivering us ScoMo

anyone interested im gonna conduct a little night patrol this week and see if I can take Matt Rowell prisoner.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Solution is to relocate the QLD clubs to Melbourne for the next 8 weeks ! They can roam freely in this fair city and spread their perfumed spittle and cure us all!

• Haha

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Strewth, Bris. Those of us in Victoria would happily be in Queensland's position right now. Why would you ignore medical advice if there's a chance you could end up with a second spike like we have?

Because the medical advice always leans on the side of broad scale isolation. No balancing of risks. You've got more chance of getting hit by a car in QLD right now than catching coronavirus. Eradication was never the intention but it seems like something Anastasia wants on her CV. We just need those damn 2 final active cases to get better. Meanwhile, I am seeing businesses every day closing their doors because of the stupid impractical restrictions and lack of interstate patronage.

Victoria isn't in the position now because they left their border open. It's because they were too slow to respond to outbreaks (abbatoirs etc).

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Tickets never made it to sale. They were due to be released at 9am this morning but pulled at the last minute. RFC members with a QLD address were to get one ticket for free. As far as I'm aware, there were enough tickets in our allocation for every QLD member to get one.

But, alas, it's all irrelevant now.
Ok...just curious.
I was half expecting a “Purchase at own risk” condition attached to the sale hence no refunds

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Whether there's a correlation with the BLM or not doesn't matter. Andrews definitely needed to be stronger to prevent that protest happening.
Sent entirely the wrong message to society that everything was ok. Additionally those that ventured out & protested that day should take personal responsibility for their actions too. Extremely selfish to conregate en masse in the midst of a pandemic. Makes me so angry.

It had nothing to do with the protests. The protests were discouraged.

Opening up was the issue. Gathering in groups of 20 indoors sent the wrong message.

On any day in the last three weeks, there has been congregations just as large at any of highpoint, chadstone and the cbd, simply because we wanted to keep retailers happy and the economy going.

There were 10,000 people at the protest. 40,000 on average walk through high point in a day.

Kids/young adults are congregating in high numbers every day at school, and have been for a month.

You have to wonder whether less people would have been game to even get out to protest, shop, or congregate, if we'd locked down harder and longer.

Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Whether there's a correlation with the BLM or not doesn't matter. Andrews definitely needed to be stronger to prevent that protest happening.
Sent entirely the wrong message to society that everything was ok. Additionally those that ventured out & protested that day should take personal responsibility for their actions too. Extremely selfish to conregate en masse in the midst of a pandemic. Makes me so angry.

The mobility data shows that people were increasingly active before BLM, and the BLM protests had no impact whatsoever on the gradient. You can blame people but you can't blame BLM for selfishness.

• Haha

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

It's all starting to come out now - admissions about young people spreading the virus, the North Melbourne aka H&M aka protest cluster being linked to the Brimbank cluster. The things I got rubbished for on the CV thread.

But as you say, it doesn't matter now. All that counts is stopping it.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's all starting to come out now - admissions about young people spreading the virus, the North Melbourne aka H&M aka protest cluster being linked to the Brimbank cluster. The things I got rubbished for on the CV thread.

But as you say, it doesn't matter now. All that counts is stopping it.

Happy to debate in the Corona thread, but yeah, what's important is stopping it. Agree.