Richmond v Westcoast cancelled???? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Westcoast cancelled????

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
How about the Hafey era? 2017/2019/2023/2024 - then we don't make the stupid mistake of losing Hafey after 1976 and we win a few more (plus, I am willing, I know this is big of me, but I am willing to break the pattern and win one (or 2) in 2021 or 2022).

DS

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
With new border restrictions, and Steele Sidebottom turning up in the Williamstown police lost and found bin,

I can only see one option for a season now.

1. Collingwood get banished
2. 7 Vic clubs play each other with a bye
3. 8 interstate play each other
4. winner of Vic play winner interstate in a 3 game series for a 'flag', maybe play series in Alice Springs with a jumping castle and toffee apples for the tigers players kids and margaritas for their wives.

I dont see any other possibility

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I felt that if things had been normal then we were a real shot at it this season. Sadly they are about as far from normal as you can get.

Sense now is the players hearts aren't in it & our systems based game plan requires total buy in.
Shortened quarters have not helped but it's bigger than that.

If we're 5%-10% off, we're really off.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tim kelly
2 first rounders & a early 2nd rounder.
Geelong should be charged with Robbery.

You never ever give away 2 first rounders unless your getting a 22 year old Richo or Wayne Carey.
Not for a defender...lever
Not for an outside midfielder.. Gibbs & Treloar.
Not for a key defender..May
Not for a inside mid.. Beams
Not for a winger.. Hill.

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
And having delivered his missive, @Sir disappeared back to his doomsday cabin in the woods clutching a copy of the prepper's guide to tying knots and a Walmart ammo catalogue.
Number8

My apologies - I don't have the data at my fingertips when I am accessing DyerTribe and I regret that my email was interpreted as a 'missive' (with veiled comments regarding my intellect and political leanings).

You are again welcome to contest my argument - which of course you didn't actually do.

To quote Mark Twain: " There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics" ............

I'm not sure the onus is upon me to provide them for you (any more that you didn't provide any to actually counter my 'missive').

I will however try and provide some context (which IMHO is lacking from this entire discussion):

1593592059747.png1593592059747.png

I have placed COVID19 in comparison with the 2017 Bureau of Statistics for deaths in Australia (at the 6 month point - 29 Jun)

Assuming of course that in 2020 we will have similar death rates for Suicide - or lung cancer - or accidental falls - you are most welcome to explain why we are allowing Premiers to wreak havoc upon our economy and our democratic way of life.................

PS - I'm sure you will note that 'influenza and pneumonia' had killed 4269 by the same date in 2017.
PPS - I know of an (ex WW2 pilot) who died of Dementia/Alzheimer's disease two weeks before Lockdown. I'm sure if he had only held on a few more weeks we could have called it "COVID" instead of just being one of 13,729!

Regards,

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Isn't this a chicken and the egg argument though?

The deaths are low because of the measure put in place, without the measures the deaths would be huge?

And the hospitals and ventilators under the pump so to speak

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It's not just the deaths as a direct result of covid, it's was to prevent a collapse of the medical infrastructure like it did in Italy, Spain and other places. When that happened people with non-COVID emergencies were left unattended.

Reactions: 2 users

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
I am confused?????

Chicken / egg???

I had assumed that GOVT is required to 'manage risk'

At this time there are 15 persons in hospital and 1 in ICU due to COVID.

You readily accept 1000's dying from Lung Cancer - yet create a strategy that will not tolerate 105 dying from COVID (of which they are all 70yo plus (give or take!!!)

This is MADNESS!!!!

Stop selling tobacco!

Don't permit a car that drives above 60kmh!!!

Why are you tolerating this???

If every person in Australia got COVID19 the death toll is well below heart disease!!!!!

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
My apologies.

In case we should consider further statistics:

1593597570408.png

So - our worst case scenario (notwithstanding any sense of balance re age and socio demographic) is that approx 800 persons in every MILLION might die)

More realistically we might align with USA at less than 400 persons per million! (and falling rapidly as we discover ICU and steroids that effectively reduce the rate of death)

So please ask yourself - how is our leadership managing this 'crisis'?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wonder if our lower case numbers is due to the fact 5G really hasn't rolled out across the country that much

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Given that the footy is boring at the moment I thought I would weigh in on this thread .
Some facts: it is the first time ever a corona virus has been called a pandemic. There is no vaccine for the flu and we live with that.This virus is yet another strain because viruses mutate hence the low chance of any vaccine becoming available.32 million people have died from the aids virus and there never has been a lock down. Sars no lock down. Those that spout the one in a hundred year event because of what happened in 1919 are conning the community,On that basis the plague and other pestilences would re occur at regular intervals.Last count there were 7500 icu beds available for this event.Less than a hundred have been used.Given the co morbitity death rate labelling an 80 year old as dying of corona virus or heart disease is open to question especially when one has low immunity in the first place.Even aids related deaths have a pneumatic cause.
Look at the who influenza statistics during the same period of this virus and there are more deaths showing.
Why did it happen? Perhaps one reason like after world war 1,there have been many displaced refugees throughout Europe and probably hygiene was not a top priority.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
For all the naysayers, why would governments worldwide risk economic collapse, not being re-elected and pissing off the population if it really wasn't a big deal and the facts were there to prove it?

What's the conspiracy theory? Italy's medical infra went into meltdown because of the virus. People of a certain age were turned away from hospitals no matter whether they had the virus, or just had a stroke, or a heart attack, or any other ailment. Spain turned a large ice skating rink in the middle of Madrid into a temporary morgue.

Why would that happen if it's all just *smile*?

Reactions: 3 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
For all the naysayers, why would governments worldwide risk economic collapse, not being re-elected and pissing off the population if it really wasn't a big deal and the facts were there to prove it?

What's the conspiracy theory? Italy's medical infra went into meltdown because of the virus. People of a certain age were turned away from hospitals no matter whether they had the virus, or just had a stroke, or a heart attack, or any other ailment. Spain turned a large ice skating rink in the middle of Madrid into a temporary morgue.

Italy and Spain didn’t have enough of Pete Evans’ infra red machines?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Classic "second wave" in Iran.

eODTYL8.jpg

Imagine the panic here if we were dropping 150 a day.

For all this country's faults, things are still pretty good here.

Reactions: 5 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Gee the US chart is scary.. pushing 50k a day new cases now

• Wow

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

It's so we take the vaccine which has microchips in it so bill gates and george soros and obama can control our thoughts via 5G

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users