Richmond vs Essendon (Dreamtime 2022) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Essendon (Dreamtime 2022)

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
We,re 8th, I’d like us to be 7th and when we,re 7th I’d like us to be 6th and when we,re 6th I’d like us to be 5th and so on because the higher up the ladder the better you’re chance of winning finals. It’s not a tricky concept. Why does it perturb you I want us as high on the ladder as possible?

To be a pedant, “your” chance of winning finals is typically correlated with “your” ladder position because it means “you’re” a better team (typically) - but it isn’t the cause.

You are probably a better chance of winning a final if you come 5th (because you play 8th at home) than if you come 4th (because you play 1st away) so it isn’t even a factual statement.

The second chance and home ground advantage is what ladder position can give you so have an impact on your chance of winning the lot.

Your chance of winning finals is almost purely to do with health of list, form and quality of the healthy list and also who the opponent is and the same factors for them.

I think you have the concept wrong.

It doesn’t perturb me, it amuses me why at the end of round 10 anyone would get upset by it because it only influences second chances and home ground advantage at the end of round 23.

I’d rather us be higher on the ladder for the warm and fuzzies but only with a view towards end of home and away and maybe eight vs ninth for historic reasons.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
What happened to the “awareness behaviour officers”?
You use to get kicked out for cheering too loud.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Right, focus on the ladder after the season has finished. Makes sense…..
Best to focus on the ladder just before the season starts. If we start the season on top of the ladder it means we won the flag the year before n are reigning premiers. It's pretty irrelevant for the rest of the time because there's still more footy to come.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
All the talk about whether Dusty's kick for goal in the 1st hit the post should have been easy to eradicate, if the 3 peanuts had seen the clear drop of the ball by that doofus ruckman Draper. Would have had Dusty kicking from the top of the square.

Just on Draper, Dudoro has really screwed the Bombers. First rejecting 2 1sts for Daniher (compared to 1 when he left as a FA), but what was he offered by the Saints for Draper a few years ago, from memory they were talking good draft picks, and frankly Draper is a massive dud. Nank taught him a lesson how to play ruck last night.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Awesome pic.
Was wondering last night where Stacky Foosh n Parker were hiding, saw Nigel getting around the mob in his footy gear n didn't even imagine the boys would be in full paint with the dancers for the challenge.
Club has come a long long way in recent years n doing a brilliant job of bringing everyone together n setting standards of inclusion.

Reactions: 7 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
That was one of the most absurd ARC referrals I have ever seen. The ball wasn't touched with the end of someone's fingernails, it was well and truly whacked by the hand. No-one behind the goal could believe that this went to the ARC, it was such an obvious touch. The field umpire should have been able to see it was touched and the goal umpire clearly saw it was touched. No idea why that was referred, if the field umpire couldn't see that it was touched then they clearly don't have the faculties to be an umpire.

DS
That was the biggest deflection of a ball since Stuart Broad edged to slips at Trent Bridge and didn't walk. Fair dinkum, everyone at the ground clearly saw it, but the number 13 bozo had to get another minute of the spotlight on himself.

The utter frustration at the game was palpable. Not surprised spot fires broke out in the crowd, certainly don't condone any violence, but wasn't surprised.

The utterly ridiculous stand rule, so called dangerous tackles, the embarrassing ARC, dissent towards umpires, inconsistent umpiring...the list goes on.

Make no mistake, our game is in trouble.

Reactions: 4 users

Bourke'sFifthSymphony

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Good win by the lads.
Pleased that they extended the lead.
There have been some final quarter fade-outs, percentage is important, with a number of teams contending.
Probably our best defensive effort for the year so far.
A solid win in the VFL augurs well.

Last edited:

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Did you say this having watched the incident, were you there? Or was it just supposition? On what basis did you claim it was a behind?

You come here and you criticise everyone for having a go at the umpires and relying on scant evidence, meanwhile you defend their decisions on the basis of no evidence at all, not even scant evidence. You also question people's assessment of the incident who have already stated they were there. 2 minutes prior to your post Mr T posted that he saw the incident live and it did not hit the post (is his loungeroom at the MCG?), yet, even in the face of eyewitness evidence, and with no evidence of your own, you blithely claim the umpire was correct. Why, because they are an umpire and therefore infallible?

Absolute joke and you won't even own up to making the claim.

Now you are just making a fool of yourself.

Here's my post:
This thread never fails to disappoint.

Goal umpire standing on the spot: I think it's a point.

Preenders watching a few blurry replay on TV: *smile* cheat.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Please feel free to point out where I 'claim it was a behind'?

Please point out where I 'question people's assessment of the incident who have already stated they were there'?

Please point out where I 'claim the umpire was correct'?

I don't like humiliating posters but you can't just try and use me as a punching bag by making things up when you are frustrated with umpires.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Is it correct, or did I miss hear it, that the AFL didn't turn the edge technology on due to crowd noise possibly affecting the result.... like a false-positive?
Simple fix..... just tell the cheersquad to STFU!

This can't really be true.....or can it?

Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Is it correct, or did I miss hear it, that the AFL didn't turn the edge technology on due to crowd noise possibly affecting the result.... like a false-positive?
Simple fix..... just tell the cheersquad to STFU!

This can't really be true.....or can it?

If that's true they've wasted a hell of a lot money on a white elephant.

Reactions: 1 user