Richmond Website - Clear AFLW bias | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Website - Clear AFLW bias

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Somehow I think our chance of winning this week just took a dive. Collingwood have a very good AFLW team, which is even more of an irritation given we were going for a licence at the same time and somehow missed out.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Not a huge issue for me given the time of year, but then I'm not a big RFC website visitor.

AFLW inevitably eats into media coverage of the pre-season and dampens anticipation of the real thing.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It's a simple solution just don't jumble it all on the main page. A simple two button click through front page would solve plenty.
Hate having to wade through a plethora of AFLW stories to find info on the men's team. Let us choose what we're interested in instead of shoving it all together.
But it's all about wanting us to embrace the women's game isn't it..

50/50 today Olds.

I reckon rfc read your thread

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Not to downplay TOO's influence but it could also be that in the past few days the coach has been in the media, the promo for the Amazon doco has been released and there was a training camp so there is actually some interesting content for the men.

borrrrrriiiinnnngggggg

PRE has a seat on the match committee these days,

stands to reason we run the media strategy too

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
I'll pop this here for the sake of brevity.

One area the RFC has been absolutely deplorable in is the coverage of the intra-club today.

This time last week I was watching a very slick production of Port Adelaide's game, a live stream with commentary and interviews throughout. I've seen other clubs doing similar, or a live blog or even at least a notice of the game and the opportunity for people to have a look live.

To run a live stream from Punt Road today would have been more or less a zero cost exercise. It really is quite pathetic and leaves us a long way behind the industry standard.

100,000 plus loyal members deserve much better.
Agree 100% , still doesn’t seem to be anything on the website.
There better be a stream for the dees match , though at least I will be attending that game wether it’s open to the public or not.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The cold reality is if you don't like the AFLW then you are out of step with Richmond, the AFL and the world in general. It's really not Richmond's job to pander to that.

I support women’s footy (my daughter is playing her first season this year) but I don’t like watching it. Just as I support all women’s sport but there’s not much I watch. Love watching the women compete at the olympics, both summer and winter games. the gymnasts are incredible. I think you can support the sport without wanting to watch it.

Last edited: