Richmonds Banner | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmonds Banner

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I have to give credit to the Richmond Cheer Squad.
They decided to change their original banner they made during the week and made up another last night.
It read "Heavens Football Team Can Now Take The Field Because Your Captain Has Arrived JACK DYER

It also had a picture of Jack Dyer on it.

Great job Richmond Cheer Squad.

Photo is on the ORCS page for those who havent seen it

http://www.acslink.aone.net.au/dc/ORCS/2003/2003%20Round%2021-2.jpg

Best one we've had since that classic v Nth Melb (I think) in 1995 when we finally returned to the finals. I'll never forget the spine-tingler: 'WE'RE BACK'. Have often wondered what they'd come up with if we ever made a GF again...

Our cheer squad has always made the biggest, smartest and best banners in the AFL as far back as I can remember.

Maybe at Dudley's next post match press conference he can talk about that - "yeah look, our banners are always cherry ripe, the boys worked hard on the track during the week and they really stepped up to the plate with a quality banner, which is what really counts in the end".

Richmond's cheer squad are messiahs -even when we bag them for playing badly the cheersquad always applaud and chant all the time.
Wish I was as positive.
Richmond Cheer Squad rule.

I actually cried when I read what the banner was going to say. Well done to the cheersquad on their hard work - the work put into it was amazing. Very clever people.

Yeah, great job Cheer Squad.

Let's get David Norman and his team to replace some of the duds we've got in our side at the moment.

One thing's for sure, they'd go a lot harder than some of them.

What a great banner, a credit to the cheer squad, particular considering the short notice they had.

I've also got it set as my wallpaper.

Even as a 20 year old who obviously didnt see Jack play, seeing that banner and watching the clips on the scoreboard before the match certainly brought a tear to the eye.

I too was very proud in regards to this banner. How lucky we all are to have such passionate people who for the love of their club making us look so much better than the rest.

The words were truly inspirational, and whoever penned them, I am forever greatful. Thankyou ORCS, you've done us proud again.

The first thing I did when I got to work this morning was to send an email off to the Club and tell them what a great job the cheer squad did with the banner and asked them to pass on my congratulations to all those involved.

The did an excellent job ;D