Richmond's community camps | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's community camps

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
11:00:12 AM Tue 17 December, 2002
Matt Burgan
afl.com.au

The AFL has launched its clubs? community camps program to be
held across Australia in early February. The aim of the program is to
allow clubs to prepare for the 2003 season, while at the same time
making the game more accessible to regional communities.

AFL general manager of commercial operations Ben Buckley said it
was a great opportunity for the AFL and the clubs to promote the
game right across the country.

?I think it?s a terrific occasion for AFL clubs to take the game, its
club and players to regional Australia,? Buckley said.

All 16 AFL clubs will spend about three days in a designated area of Australia, with trainings, functions,
coaching courses, school visits and hospital/aged visits among the activities involved.

The AFL initiative will provide incentives for AFL Auskick registrations and youth participation; add value
to the training of coaches, umpires and administrators; make the professional AFL game more accessible
to the community; deepen the connection between regional Australia, the AFL clubs and players; drive
opportunities to increase club memberships and increase overall interest in the game.

Richmond will be in Traralgon.

A

admin

Richmond will be in Traralgon.

It's funny the AFL are pushing these camps as a replacement for end of season trips. Wahoooooo lucky Tiges, a holiday in exotic Traralgon, ha.
I can't see preseason camps replacing end of season trips really, I reckon the AFL will have it's work cut out convincing players it's the way to go.