Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
This perfectly makes the point why she needs to work to a higher standard and her actions were stupid and selfish.

You are right that she owes the supporters nothing. At the same time the career of her husband, his teammates and the rest of the workplace depend on the collective actions of a group she is part of.

My view is she should come out and own it and pay the fine but she is entitled to do as she pleases in how she responds.
She might not owe the supporters anything but she certainly owes the club and if the club is not the supporters then what is it? She's one of these alleged "Influencers". What influence would she have if she wasn't married to an AFL Captain?

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The club is the members.

They should apologise for 2 reasons: they f***ed up; and this would put the issue to rest. I don't think it should be a big apology and full press conference or anything, it just isn't that big a deal. Simple statement to members on the website and app is more than sufficient. Let's not blow this out of proportion, what she did pales into comparison with what Bucks did along with quite a few others. They have all been up there for more than a fortnight so just warn everyone that we don't want to jeapordise the season so be more careful.

Then we can concentrate on the real issues of actual AFL personnel: that is players and coaches FFS, doing far worse.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Apparently Trent has offered to pay
So they should
No announcement as yet

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
All this talk is really out of hand. We have people dying daily in Victoria and some are up in arms regarding what is obviously an innocent mistake in a state that has virtually no cases. Does anyone seriously think she did what she did on purpose? She erred, yep ok let them pay the fine and let's move on. None of this coronavirus situation is a positive for anyone. Everyone is battling to cope with the conditions being presented and adjusting to the new rules.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
From the bits an pieces of games I’ve watched this season , I’m convinced I’ve got sfa idea on the new rules , with zero bias because I dislike all the other 17 teams ;) I’m constantly reading the decision of the umpire incorrectly, I feel I have a much better understanding of the rules of Bocce a game I’ve never seen played or played.

I don’t understand why we need to be like any other sport or played at a frenetic pace ? The thing that bemuses me most Is the fact we have the greyest ruled game in the world and BoB ( brother of Buddha) appears to be adding more Interpretive rules and grey areas , I’d say the forecast will have cloudy skies for a while .

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It wasn't just Brooke, both her and Trent made a mistake. They are a team and have my full support.

According to Benny, Trent immediately offered to pay the fine.

Below is a tweet from Benny.

We’re committed to doing all we can to ahere to the
@AFL
COVID protocols. It’s not negotiable! The inadvertent breach this week was disappointing (and Trent immediately offered to pay the fine). It’s a reminder of the fragility of the
@AFL
competition, and the entire community.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
From the bits an pieces of games I’ve watched this season , I’m convinced I’ve got sfa idea on the new rules , with zero bias because I dislike all the other 17 teams ;) I’m constantly reading the decision of the umpire incorrectly, I feel I have a much better understanding of the rules of Bocce a game I’ve never seen played or played.

I don’t understand why we need to be like any other sport or played at a frenetic pace ? The thing that bemuses me most Is the fact we have the greyest ruled game in the world and BoB ( brother of Buddha) appears to be adding more Interpretive rules and grey areas , I’d say the forecast will have cloudy skies for a while .
I kind of feel for the umpires here. With the constant changing of rules and altering of interpretation, the powers that be are making their job a whole lot harder than it needs to be. No wonder they’re confused and making errors.

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I can't believe ya'll want Cotchys wife to apologise to you and pay a fine. You do realise up here, I could go into that place - get a facial or whatever. Then go to work in my office of 1000 people over 2 floors, where we all share an elevator 10 people at a time... Then go to a strip joint and get some titties rubbed in my face (popular up in the GC), and then drop my kid off at school. There is next to zero rules up here.

They cant fine her directly, because it is completely illegal. If it went to court, the AFL would lose. If idea that she has made it 'unsafe' is laughable. If the situation is that dire, then it should not be going ahead at all. end of story - but money rulezzzz, so we go forward with it. Laughable.

If i was Cotchin reading this *smile*, I would go back home to Melbourne and stay there just like Edwards & Houli are. Then i would give Rance a call and ask him again why he retired from the game way too early. The witch hunting going on from the army of high horse riding Karens is unbelievable. ITs one thing to give the players grief over your "im a member" horseshit - but another for you to target their families, no matter what the circumstance might be.

Buckley is a bloody coach and broke the rules.

The CARLTON bloke is 1000 times worse. He took his kids to their grand-parents, then they took the *smile* kids to a theme park. Should we fine the kids and the grandparents and request an apology from them too? Its certainly a much worse incident than hers. Kids, at a theme park. Touching everything. Taken by old people, who are meant to be the highest risk. The others havent even been publicly named - i dont see these grandparents faces published around the joint?

Brookes was , without a doubt, the least dangerous of all the scenarios of breaches - yet somehow she has gotten most of the publicity. I dont actually get it.
r
Doesn't really matter what's Qld natives can and cannot do. AFL teams and their entourages are there under a unique permissiongranted by by the QlD govt and totally obliged to meeting each and every condition imposed on them.
I have not heard of any other busines or entity being allowed to relocate to Qld so they can carry on their enterprise.

Reactions: 3 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
All this talk is really out of hand. We have people dying daily in Victoria and some are up in arms regarding what is obviously an innocent mistake in a state that has virtually no cases. Does anyone seriously think she did what she did on purpose? She erred, yep ok let them pay the fine and let's move on. None of this coronavirus situation is a positive for anyone. Everyone is battling to cope with the conditions being presented and adjusting to the new rules.
But the next mistake, innocent or otherwise , could end the circus for all. And even captains wives will see a lot less moolah flowing into their joint bank account every pay day.
But for the record I don't I want any apology nor particularly mind who pays but if Trent does I would hold him in even higher regard.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
But the next mistake, innocent or otherwise , could end the circus for all. And even captains wives will see a lot less moolah flowing into their joint bank account every pay day.
But for the record I don't I want any apology nor particularly mind who pays but if Trent does I would hold him in even higher regard.

Reality is extremely unlikely in QLD based on current cases but yes the rules are in place for a reason and they should be obeyed. My comment was really based around what I believe is disproportionate angst. Lesson learnt by the parties involved. Let's move on.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Mitch Cleary stood down for re-tweeting the incriminating photo. The Gilstapo out in force. Brooke's little trip has had quite the knock on effect.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Fat Ed was the first person to confirm it was Brooke publicly? If so AFL should fine him 100k and ask him to resign

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Mitch Cleary stood down for re-tweeting the incriminating photo. The Gilstapo out in force. Brooke's little trip has had quite the knock on effect.

Fair enough. He is an AFL employee and knew they were treating all breaches as confidential