Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I'm sure they'll find a way to have a whinge about how unfair it was to them.
Love to win this one, just to rub it into knobs like the Koshie's and Ricciuto's

And many many others.
Long list..
Think it will be tough for a non Vic side to win it.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The Dockers and Swans will play North Melbourne, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Richmond opponents who will fly in and out of the third Queensland location

Freo will be coming off six Optus matches in a row. Now another four clubs need to travel 1500km from the Gold Coast to play them.

Seems they are being given a pretty good run, travel-wise. Wonder if the AFL is trying to protect the Gabba/Metricon from overuse before the finals?

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'm sure they'll find a way to have a whinge about how unfair it was to them.
Love to win this one, just to rub it into knobs like the Koshie's and Ricciuto's

you forgot Adam Simpson. He's an interstate knob

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Given the WA govt require teams to do 2 weeks quarantine before playing over there, I can't see WC getting a home final unless the afl decide to shift the whole finals there.

The interesting one will be port who will likely have a double chance and be entitled to a home final. Will the afl allow port a home final and not west coast or will they just play it all in qld and the only benefit clubs will get is a double chance.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If a non WA, QLD or SA team wins it this year then they have really deserved it.

1000000000%.
For all the whinging from WC, they haven't moved now for 7 weeks and still have 2 weeks fixtured in Perth.
I knew Peggy & Gale shouldve sooked to Gilligan that the sun is too hot in Queensland.
We wont need to hang around if the AFL makes the decision to play it in Perth.
No one will beat them there.
The umpires will make sure.
As soon as they announce it, we will all have a better idea.
Hopefully it's in Queensland or at ANZ.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Freo will be coming off six Optus matches in a row. Now another four clubs need to travel 1500km from the Gold Coast to play them.

Seems they are being given a pretty good run, travel-wise. Wonder if the AFL is trying to protect the Gabba/Metricon from overuse before the finals?
At least the Qld clubs play away games at not their home ground. WA one ground state.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
But what happens after that is dependant on where we finish & where Port, WC finish.

We may still have to play one of those 2 if not both at their home grounds unless the AFL deem ALL finals to be played in QLD.

GF may be another hurdle as it’s nigh on impossible it will be played at the G.

It’s going to be based on border restrictions.
Case numbers
Quarantined period ?
Crowd size allowed
Who makes the better pitch $ wise etc. AFL /MCC will want compensation.

This is a good thread to start.

I'm confident all the finals will be in SE QLD. You can't allow Port and West Coast to host finals when VIC and NSW teams can't.

The GF is also another interesting debate. will the Gabba be at full capacity or limited? Many will be of the view that no fans from interstate will be allowed to go. But what about other stakeholders? AFL executives, sponsors, competing club officials, AFL members, and the like? I feel that some exemptions will have to be made for these people. And if exemptions are made for them, then perhaps there is a chance some exemptions will be made for fans as well... or is that pie in the sky stuff?

If we go to cairns and still get fixtured to play WC in Perth.
This year is a rort.
Wc have enough time in Perth.
They have been fully compensated for all their bitching.

We won't be going to Perth. Nor should we. We've gone to Sydney and Adelaide in recent weeks. We're going to Darwin and Cairns in the coming weeks. and possibly Adelaide again.

Reactions: 1 user

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Garry really does look like the evil, hunchback villain in an old classic horror flick. A poisoner monk from the medieval era, the psychotic and jealous ex cop kicked off the force, the nemesis of one of the musketeers. What a *smile*!

Reactions: 4 users

RaoulJuke

Tiger Rookie
Sep 17, 2016
Garry really does look like the evil, hunchback villain in an old classic horror flick. A poisoner monk from the medieval era, the psychotic and jealous ex cop kicked off the force, the nemesis of one of the musketeers. What a *smile*!
Yeah, the kinda guy that would tap his best mates, disenchanted wife.

So many of the current moral police in AFL media have conviently forgotten their own warts.

Footy classified did a good piece on us. Caro, McGuire & Ross all defended the club, was rather surprised

Reactions: 3 users