Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

fat-fifty-footmad

Tiger Cub
Oct 6, 2017
Fascinating reading this thread from start to finish in hindsight. A couple of takeaways:

1. culture isn't something you can turn on and off - you are either in or you are out. We've built a culture of transparency, honestly and being real about things. A lot of people wanted that ditched to put on a brave face. The club didn't - it stuck with the culture that won us two flags and got us a third.
2. a lot of the early talk was "its 4 weeks get over yourselves' - it ended up 3 and a half months. In my work, I manage a number of professionals spread around Oz and dealing with this stuff we lost a couple of people from the organization completely due to stress and a lot of people are turning down opportunities to work overseas, get promotions etc to keep everything under control. Again, in retrospect, perhaps just being honest about things and parking the media speak is a reason we ended up dealing with it ok.
3. we definitely arent anyone favorite second team anymore. I remember walking out of the 17 grand final and someone saying she couldn't wait to win another, then they'll hate us just like the good old days. Well, she was right, after 2019 its pretty clear from the media its very definitely us vs the world.

Reactions: 4 users