Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admi[email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Was listening to Leigh Matthews yesterday and don't know if this has been widely reported and if not... why not?
GEELONG HAS 165 PEOPLE IN THEIR HUB....!
60 of whom travelled up there on the last lot of flights. ......
Including board member James Sutherland. .... and his son... I suppose he's gone up there to keep Eddie's boy company!
Sounds like the Cats are quite confident they will go all the way this season.

Imagine if we had this many up there. The media would not be able to contain themselves.

Reactions: 1 users

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Dunno if this has been discussed earlier or elsewhere. ... this doco was aired lastnight. .
Produced by Peter Dickson who does the AFL docs. Covers all the sports which moved to Qld.

For those interested I think you need 9now app

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Great thread bump.

gotta love the fake news media all year portraying us as entitled and arrogant who couldn't handle hub life, who made it hell for hub staff by asking for some clean towels.

Get *smile* media

Reactions: 3 users

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Great thread bump.

gotta love the fake news media all year portraying us as entitled and arrogant who couldn't handle hub life, who made it hell for hub staff by asking for some clean towels.

Get *smile* media
Brett Ratten said jokingly in that doco lastnight that they'll make a movie about the team who wins and hopefully they do.... (Goddard to direct?)

In the meantime I can't wait for the Amazon doco coming out pre season I hope. .... followed by .....

The life and times of Dustin Martin. ... bit to play out there I imagine.

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Great thread bump.

Get *smile* media
don't forget Kapsy wanted a welder

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Great thread bump.

Get *smile* media
I hate it too, but just reckon it backfires on the media (& oppo supporters piling on in social media) - it simply creates the 'us against the world' mentality that seems to motivate all pro sports teams irrespective of code.

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Probably been posted elsewhere, but watching the grand final reflections of our guys on the Richmond website, I wonder if COVID might be the thing that really enables us to dominate for the next few years.

A number of the also ran clubs seemed to struggle with COVID restrictions, but our guys look to have become even closer and tighter as a group.

If people think we had a strong culture in 2017-2019, then I think they are in for a hell of a shock in 2021.

Reactions: 3 users

Tass

Tiger Rookie
Mar 3, 2005
Probably been posted elsewhere, but watching the grand final reflections of our guys on the Richmond website, I wonder if COVID might be the thing that really enables us to dominate for the next few years.

A number of the also ran clubs seemed to struggle with COVID restrictions, but our guys look to have become even closer and tighter as a group.

If people think we had a strong culture in 2017-2019, then I think they are in for a hell of a shock in 2021.
Well said Streak. Spot on. Have been pondering this exact same thing. I think it will stand us in great stead going into next year and beyond

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Are you suggesting one of us should become a super-spreader?

• Wow

fat-fifty-footmad

Tiger Cub
Oct 6, 2017
Fascinating reading this thread from start to finish in hindsight. A couple of takeaways:

1. culture isn't something you can turn on and off - you are either in or you are out. We've built a culture of transparency, honestly and being real about things. A lot of people wanted that ditched to put on a brave face. The club didn't - it stuck with the culture that won us two flags and got us a third.
2. a lot of the early talk was "its 4 weeks get over yourselves' - it ended up 3 and a half months. In my work, I manage a number of professionals spread around Oz and dealing with this stuff we lost a couple of people from the organization completely due to stress and a lot of people are turning down opportunities to work overseas, get promotions etc to keep everything under control. Again, in retrospect, perhaps just being honest about things and parking the media speak is a reason we ended up dealing with it ok.
3. we definitely arent anyone favorite second team anymore. I remember walking out of the 17 grand final and someone saying she couldn't wait to win another, then they'll hate us just like the good old days. Well, she was right, after 2019 its pretty clear from the media its very definitely us vs the world.

Reactions: 4 users