Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Jack Riewoldt our vice captain had indicated his reluctance to go into a hub as far back as April and has been doubling down since, Cotch, our Captain, has been disappointing in his messaging in this space as well, sends a terrible message to the rest of the playing list as well as members.
Carro mirrored exactly what I am feeling on Footy Classified.
I would never abandon the Tige's but downgrading my membership definitely on the cards dependant on the intent and attitude shown by the playing list, especially it's leaders, for the rest of the season, (no I am not talking win/loss someone has to lose it is about not surrendering to the situation).

Anyway watch from about the 13 minute mark it is a very relevant discussion for tiger fans:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Spot on Caesar.
I won't turn my back on them either.
They have some credits in the bank having given us such great joy.

Waiting to see what is dished up this week.

Rabblebourne are rubbish.
If we drop this it shows they are satisfied with the 2 Flags and have returned the cue to the rack.
As Caro said Port and Brisbane look hungry and Wet coke and Richmond look like they have been to the top of the mountain.

Or maybe it is their protest to the shorter quarters, Hubs, Covid whatever and will return to full hunger when all this finishes.
I certainly never thought we would stink it up like this.
Prove me wrong you Reigning Premiers!

Reactions: 4 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I haven't like anything I seen or noise from the club since we come back from the layoff hearing to many exuses we started preseason late,were on a heavy training load, lack of interest,players not hungry etc etc.We look unfit and well under prepared compared to other sides even work rate and attitude not great.We look millon miles behind teams we far superior to.Time to buckle down and do what we do best they have credits, but if we don't see a improvement in next couple of weeks questions should be asked.

Been to the mountain twice or not we shouldn't be satisfied with that we had 30 years of junk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I see it differently. This real (vs manufactured) connectedness the entire club has, that special thing we have that delivered 2 Premierships in 3 years, is the same thing that has our squad focusing on the impact of their choices outside of football. As much as we would like them to switch it off in this scenario, they can't. Or if they could, we'd lose it for good.

Surprisingly it was Lyon who this morning defending the stance the team is taking. Said this focus on family is what made Richmond what they are today. It's what the other teams chased.

Like all things in life, you have to take the good with the bad. If this is the bad of winning 2 Premierships in 3 years. I'll take it anyday.

Reactions: 20 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
I agree 100% Caesar. Jack and Cotch have been terrible in their messaging. You could understand the players with impending birth's not going but surely Jack and Cotch don't get paid if they opt out just to stop home. Their money should be redistributed to the players that go.

Reactions: 1 users

Roksman

Tiger Rookie
Feb 12, 2020
I honestly am shocked how Cotchins interview has received so much scrutiny, if you actually listen to it in its entirety, he said absolutely nothing wrong.

He was asked if he thinks any player could choose to stay home - considering Sheds and Houli are both expecting newborns, he said it's possible - should be have said "no"? Why would he lie and say "no"? Isn't that what we want? The truth?

I'm a father and I would never miss such an occasion for my job and I pity anyone who would miss that to play footy.

If we were winning games, this wouldn't even be a story.

Reactions: 8 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yeah this is Richmond.

2020* ain’t what we’re all about.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Our team is a mature team with a number of players that are now Dads. I get:
1. Their reluctance to leave their families, in particular wives with young kids/babies
2. That they may have struggled to train full time when isolated at home.

I see there are concerns about Tim Kelly and his fit at WCE. The guy has a couple of kids and some challenges at home. Same basket.

Media are pretty blind I reckon.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Like all things in life, you have to take the good with the bad.

You do, but you take it differently.

If my kids are helpful and stoic, i take them for a counter meal. Snitzel and chips and a rasberry and lemonade

If they whinge and sook, they make themselves beans on toast

I love them unconditionally

I potentially feel a bit the same with JR and my memberships im paying outta my super.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

If my kids are helpful and stoic, i take them for a counter meal. Snitzel and chips and a rasberry and lemonade

I potentially feel a bit the same with JR and my memberships im paying outta my super.

But you're teaching your kids life lessons. In this scenario there is nothing you'll be teaching Jack.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
But you're teaching your kids life lessons. In this scenario there is nothing you'll be teaching Jack.

You turn up to work or you dont get paid?

Dont forget a 30yo footballer is probably the developmental equivalent of a 20 year old person.

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Leaders not going how can Dimma be happy with that ???
I'm certainly NOT...

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
You turn up to work or you dont get paid?

Dont forget a 30yo footballer is probably the developmental equivalent of a 20 year old person.

Jack's getting paid regardless if you increase, decrease or stop your membership.

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
I ain’t happy with the performance nor the language nor the focus on peripherals as I’ve rabbited on about on other threads.
Wont be changing my membership though.
I will give the club an almighty serve in the next members survey though.
To me it’s like one of my kids has gone off the rails, I’ll love them no matter what, but they will get a piece of my mind.

Ps why is this site godawful on mobile devices when posting now?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Same here. 4 weeks away too hard? Seriously?

Allen wouldn't check out when things got a bit tough.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Jack's getting paid regardless if you increase, decrease or stop your membership.

Maybe? But he can play with the kids with other peoples money.

To be clear. I love the RFC.

But the F is what consumates the relationship and makes it financial.

If i wanted to financially support a bunch of sooks to stay home and play with the kids,

I dunno what I'd buy? a cafe in Fitzroy?

Last edited:

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Richmond have been Star Trecking for a few years now, and seem to have found the sweet spot with player culture.

I have absolutely no problem if the family guys step back because of circumstance,and give an opportunity to others.
The group will be stronger for it if they handle it as they have been.

Reactions: 4 users