Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
But it was just thoughtless. Why do these millenials have to share everything mundane thing they do with the world? It's just vanity.

If i am being real there - because the day spa probably said it would be free if she did as she has shitloads of followers on her insta. Tends to be why a lot of people on that platform do things

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I really don't think she owes us much of an apology. There was a time when supporters *smile* hounded Trent and put him in a terrible mental space and put a lot of pressure on him. She had to live with that guy going through that and i have no doubt it would have affected her life greately
'
There was a time when he was not "Premiership Captain", dont you remember? He was "weak captain" or "the captain who *smile* up a coin toss in a final thumping"

Did us supporters track her down and send her some bloody roses for the stress and anxiety we caused her home life?

Toughen up mate - some of the most white entitlement *smile* i have ever heard. The girl has committed her life to her husband and the sport for the next 6 weeks (maybe longer) so US supporters can see our team keep on succeeding - she dont owe us *smile*. Its not all about you

She put our club and the whole competition in danger by leaving the hub against rules and getting an influencer freebie.

She owes me nothing but that needs to be acknowledged.

Reactions: 4 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
What makes you so sure Brooke Cotchin deliberately broke the AFL protocol rules rather than simply making an error of judgement regarding what was and was not allowed? There was certainly no breaking of any Queensland rules currently in place and there are strict requirements regarding numbers, social distancing and sanitizing. People are human, even those you believe to be entitled. I would imagine Mrs Cotchin was mortified when she realised the ramifications for the club by her doing something that is completely allowable to the rest of the population in Qld.

Tolerance and understanding is far more useful in these uncertain times than falling into the judgement trap.

:vomit

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
She put our club and the whole competition in danger by leaving the hub against rules and getting an influencer freebie.

She owes me nothing but that needs to be acknowledged.

No, it doesn't. She doesnt work for Richmond at all. She is a civilian - she owes us supporters crap. The reason the club is getting fined is because its completely illegal for the league to fine her. There isnt any law up here stopping her doing what she did - its an AFL imposed thing. Its between her and the club & has jack-*smile* to do with the rest of us.

I really dont get why people think everyone has to answer to them - we are all nobodies & if you want to tear up your membership over it - then do it. The days of this club pampering to dickheads like that are well and truely over. It was part of the toxic culture that kept us *smile* for ions.

Just get on with your life and stop talking big man/little *smile* crap.

Honestly, do you remember when she had to do this???

She should literally give zero *smile* what we think & I get the impression she knows it. To quote her, from that article i linked....

“As a wise man once told me ‘People’s opinions are none of our business’.

Last edited:

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
Do you remember also when she lived around this, when she was due to give birth?

The Cotchin's seriously owe us nothing at all. So she *smile* up, whoopie. Get your tampax out of your earhole Karen

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
The reason we got the fine was because of her action fullstop they should take responsibility and pay the fine simple as that.

Reactions: 1 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Amazing reading the posts re Brooke
She is bound by an AFL Agreement
Conditions of being in the hub is that you abide by AFL and Queensland Government Rules . Keep in mind AFL are paying all costs of those in the Hub at present time .
What’s not good is that she went to Esteem Spa and then was seen shopping at the Mirage Complex at Southport
What should happen is that they ( Cotchin’s ) actually apologise for what’s happened and indicate they will pay the fine
Everyone then can move on and concentrate on playing footy .
Don’t want to see Peggy or Benny speak on others behalf
Adults need to be responsible for the actions . Let’s see how Brooke and Trent go with there apologies. Season is on knifes edge you will find

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I don't think the rules are as easy and clear as people think.

Nick Vlastuin said he goes surfing.

I know a prominent player got a haircut in Surfers.

Lay off the Captains wife. She's the Captains wife

get on Bucks case. we are Richmond

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I don't think the rules are as easy and clear as people think.

Nick Vlastuin said he goes surfing.

I know a prominent player got a haircut in Surfers.

Lay off the Captains wife. She's the Captains wife

get on Bucks case. we are Richmond
Spot on, Buckley needs to cop a lot of heat, he asked for, and was given permission for himself and Sanderson to play tennis "outside" of the Hub.
So to ask for permission he must have known that there might be an issue. One would think that before they got the ok they would have been asked is it just the two of you. And if they weren't asked, they should've been asked.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Whatever she understood, good crisis management would say - own it - come out and apologise and then everyone moves on. If you don't do this it will linger and linger and linger and cause issues for a while.

Up to them if they pay the fine or not - but they should acknowledge there are many members who will feel like they are paying for it. I'm sure they can afford it, but it would set a precedent that may be very difficult for others to follow who don't have as many resources (e.g. imagine pickett's wife did something wrong). With that said though, they just need to follow the rules and as adults if they aren't sure of the rules, err on the side of caution. As the wife of the captain of an AFL club, she inherits an extra 'pseudo' leadership responsibility whether she likes it or not, and this is a massive failure.

It's the same 'externality' issue this whole COVID drives. If you act in your own self interest, you put a cost on everyone else. It's beyond selfish. Even if you disagree with the science, you have to acknowledge that if you are wrong you could be propogating this thing to go for longer and longer. Watching the US trainwreck from Australia is insane. You could see it coming months away.

I live in Victoria and (IMO) government negligence in oversight of quarrantine and now people going to work when sick (maybe they are in financial difficulty so would be beyond difficult) is driving a cost on me to be stuck in my house with my kids doing learn from home schooling. My daughter just did a 10th birthday with family on Zoom. It's not the same.

Acts like this from WAGs could cause the whole competition to be halted again, driving massive revenue impacts, further job losses and wage cuts in the AFL industry and no footy on the TV. I'd think there would be plenty of feedback from within the industry to have everyone pull their heads in - they are putting all their coworkers careers and jobs at stake. Imagine she came into contact with one other person with the COVID and that happens via contact tracing - do the Tigers now get kicked out of the 2020 season? - get quarantined for 2 weeks then have to jam extra games in? Who knows but its not a place we want to go.

What I've realized over the last few weeks (maybe I'm too slow on the uptake) is that too many people want to push the boundaries of what they can do / get away with vs taking an approach, what can I do to help this thing end as quickly as possible. This is another example of this mindset. Brooke has a golden opportunity to come out, own it, and put out a message IMO along the lines of saying she got lucky, but had the wrong mindset and they will own the fine. The positive kudos this would receive in the long run I think would get back the 20k and reputation.

Reactions: 4 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Stop causing issues mate.
If your that stressed out
Cancel your membership.
She is the wife of the club captain.
Respect mate.
We don't need to attack her.
She did wrong, lets move on.
Big deal.
Respect is earned and a formal apology to the team and members would go a long way to restoring that.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Captains wife or not she needs to be accountable even if it was a honest mistake own it not let it drag and linger fullstop.Being in hub she would be more aware of the rules more then us unless your living under a rock.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I understand that this (and other infringements) have put the competition at risk but people make mistakes.

As for who pays any fines or who makes an apology, I don't care.

As long as people have learned, and the rest get a wake up call that this sh!t is real, I'm happy.

Play on!

Reactions: 2 users

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
I can't believe ya'll want Cotchys wife to apologise to you and pay a fine. You do realise up here, I could go into that place - get a facial or whatever. Then go to work in my office of 1000 people over 2 floors, where we all share an elevator 10 people at a time... Then go to a strip joint and get some titties rubbed in my face (popular up in the GC), and then drop my kid off at school. There is next to zero rules up here.

They cant fine her directly, because it is completely illegal. If it went to court, the AFL would lose. If idea that she has made it 'unsafe' is laughable. If the situation is that dire, then it should not be going ahead at all. end of story - but money rulezzzz, so we go forward with it. Laughable.

If i was Cotchin reading this *smile*, I would go back home to Melbourne and stay there just like Edwards & Houli are. Then i would give Rance a call and ask him again why he retired from the game way too early. The witch hunting going on from the army of high horse riding Karens is unbelievable. ITs one thing to give the players grief over your "im a member" horseshit - but another for you to target their families, no matter what the circumstance might be.

Buckley is a bloody coach and broke the rules.

The CARLTON bloke is 1000 times worse. He took his kids to their grand-parents, then they took the *smile* kids to a theme park. Should we fine the kids and the grandparents and request an apology from them too? Its certainly a much worse incident than hers. Kids, at a theme park. Touching everything. Taken by old people, who are meant to be the highest risk. The others havent even been publicly named - i dont see these grandparents faces published around the joint?

Brookes was , without a doubt, the least dangerous of all the scenarios of breaches - yet somehow she has gotten most of the publicity. I dont actually get it.

Last edited:

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
Respect is earned and a formal apology to the team and members would go a long way to restoring that.

She *smile* doesnt care less for your respect - lol. Nor should she. I have zero doubt that the playing group nor their families would give zero *smile* about it & would all agree that this is a ridiculous scenario just so the AFL can make its annual 250,000,000 dollaroonies.

When you find yourself on the same side of an argument as Eddie McGuire - you should know you are on the wrong side. Dude is just targeting her to take the heat off his own clubs stuff ups, and ya'll are eating it up like pigs in a pen.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
She *smile* doesnt care less for your respect - lol. Nor should she. I have zero doubt that the playing group nor their families would give zero *smile* about it & would all agree that this is a ridiculous scenario just so the AFL can make its annual 250,000,000 dollaroonies.

When you find yourself on the same side of an argument as Eddie McGuire - you should know you are on the wrong side. Dude is just targeting her to take the heat off his own clubs stuff ups, and ya'll are eating it up like pigs in a pen.
If you think I'm on the same side of the argument as Eddie McGuire then your logic is as twisted and wrong as your thinking that the Captain's wife, whilst in a hub, doesn't have an obligation to do the right thing.
To do the right thing just like sensible people are doing.

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
If you think I'm on the same side of the argument as Eddie McGuire then your logic is as twisted and wrong as your thinking that the Captain's wife, whilst in a hub, doesn't have an obligation to do the right thing.
To do the right thing just like sensible people are doing.

She has an obligation - sure. Im just saying she doesnt owe you *smile* in regards to an apology.

You know what the rule should be? You break the breach, - then the whole family including the player goes home. THAT is sensible. That makes sense.

But nahhh, AFL dont want that. Without its stars this game would be even more boring as it has become in 2020. We are playing games with cardboard cut outs of people in the stands with fake crowd noise FFS. This is some of the most dystopian *smile* you could imagine. All so we can watch dudes kick a ball around.

Asking a players wife to apologise to you as a member is a sad sad time indeed.

Any apology she gave would be fake. So why do you want it? Who *smile* cares - move on.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Spot on, Buckley needs to cop a lot of heat, he asked for, and was given permission for himself and Sanderson to play tennis "outside" of the Hub.
So to ask for permission he must have known that there might be an issue. One would think that before they got the ok they would have been asked is it just the two of you. And if they weren't asked, they should've been asked.

I don’t think they needed to ask or be told - brook or naif. It’s pretty *smile* obvious!!! Petulant kids the both of them

Last edited:

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I can't believe ya'll want Cotchys wife to apologise to you and pay a fine. You do realise up here, I could go into that place - get a facial or whatever. Then go to work in my office of 1000 people over 2 floors, where we all share an elevator 10 people at a time... Then go to a strip joint and get some titties rubbed in my face (popular up in the GC), and then drop my kid off at school. There is next to zero rules up here.
This perfectly makes the point why she needs to work to a higher standard and her actions were stupid and selfish.

You are right that she owes the supporters nothing. At the same time the career of her husband, his teammates and the rest of the workplace depend on the collective actions of a group she is part of.

My view is she should come out and own it and pay the fine but she is entitled to do as she pleases in how she responds.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Can't believe anyone is defending Brooke and expecting that she's not held to account for her actions.

They knew the rules, she broke them, then posted the evidence on social media.

There's nothing to explain or debate. Her direct actions have lumped the club with a 25k fine and brought media attention we didn't need. The Cotchin's should own it and offer to pay from their own pocket.

If the club decides to reimburse them when it's all died down is something we never need to know about. But for now, Trent and Brooke really should follow Buckley's lead.

Reactions: 11 users