Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It's being reported that the fine will be +$100k and some points.
Is the loss of points in the mix?
Surely not loss of points? No way? Port didn't lose points for Houston and Ladhams COVID breach.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
It's being reported that the fine will be +$100k and some points.
Is the loss of points in the mix?
Pretty sure the AFL stated anymore breaches will result in points being deducted, so I suspect it will cost us points

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
The rules are as per below apparently. Doesn't look like points will come into it - this time.

FIRST OFFENCE - up to $50,000 sanction (50% suspended) - $25,000 included in 2020 Soft Cap

SECOND OFFENCE – up to $75,000 sanction (plus $25,000 from first offence) - $100,000 included in 2020 Soft cap

THIRD & SUBSEQUENT OFFENCE – The Commission or the General Counsel may impose any sanction on any terms or conditions that they in their absolute discretion think fit which may include a monetary sanction, loss of Premiership points or loss of Draft picks.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Geez fellas - you just burnt someone’s salary and I imagine you’ll both be traded or delisted. How much stupidity?!!

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
They shouldn't be out that's the issue fullstop both returning from injury to stupidity. Our biggest mistake was not bringing a calm head up there like Bammy who so good at running the club to many incidents for my liking who ever made that call is stupid.

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
The rules are as per below apparently. Doesn't look like points will come into it - this time.

FIRST OFFENCE - up to $50,000 sanction (50% suspended) - $25,000 included in 2020 Soft Cap

SECOND OFFENCE – up to $75,000 sanction (plus $25,000 from first offence) - $100,000 included in 2020 Soft cap

THIRD & SUBSEQUENT OFFENCE – The Commission or the General Counsel may impose any sanction on any terms or conditions that they in their absolute discretion think fit which may include a monetary sanction, loss of Premiership points or loss of Draft picks.
Why wasn’t the Buckley / Sanderson breach considered a second offence; after Sidebottom‘s first offence.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Why wasn’t the Buckley / Sanderson breach considered a second offence; after Sidebottom‘s first offence.
You'd have t ask Gill that question and he'd have to consult with Eddie before answering.
You know how it works.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Was listening to Leigh Matthews yesterday and don't know if this has been widely reported and if not... why not?
GEELONG HAS 165 PEOPLE IN THEIR HUB....!
60 of whom travelled up there on the last lot of flights. ......
Including board member James Sutherland. .... and his son... I suppose he's gone up there to keep Eddie's boy company!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Was listening to Leigh Matthews yesterday and don't know if this has been widely reported and if not... why not?
Including board member James Sutherland. .... and his son... I suppose he's gone up there to keep Eddie's boy company!
Gunna need a lot of help carrying the *smile* can home after they get blown out of the finals again.

Reactions: 2 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Sounds like the Cats are quite confident they will go all the way this season.

Imagine if we had this many up there. The media would not be able to contain themselves.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Dunno if this has been discussed earlier or elsewhere. ... this doco was aired lastnight. .
Produced by Peter Dickson who does the AFL docs. Covers all the sports which moved to Qld.

For those interested I think you need 9now app

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Great thread bump.

gotta love the fake news media all year portraying us as entitled and arrogant who couldn't handle hub life, who made it hell for hub staff by asking for some clean towels.

Get *smile* media

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Great thread bump.

gotta love the fake news media all year portraying us as entitled and arrogant who couldn't handle hub life, who made it hell for hub staff by asking for some clean towels.

Get *smile* media
Brett Ratten said jokingly in that doco lastnight that they'll make a movie about the team who wins and hopefully they do.... (Goddard to direct?)

In the meantime I can't wait for the Amazon doco coming out pre season I hope. .... followed by .....

The life and times of Dustin Martin. ... bit to play out there I imagine.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Great thread bump.

Get *smile* media
don't forget Kapsy wanted a welder

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Great thread bump.

Get *smile* media
I hate it too, but just reckon it backfires on the media (& oppo supporters piling on in social media) - it simply creates the 'us against the world' mentality that seems to motivate all pro sports teams irrespective of code.

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Probably been posted elsewhere, but watching the grand final reflections of our guys on the Richmond website, I wonder if COVID might be the thing that really enables us to dominate for the next few years.

A number of the also ran clubs seemed to struggle with COVID restrictions, but our guys look to have become even closer and tighter as a group.

If people think we had a strong culture in 2017-2019, then I think they are in for a hell of a shock in 2021.

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Probably been posted elsewhere, but watching the grand final reflections of our guys on the Richmond website, I wonder if COVID might be the thing that really enables us to dominate for the next few years.

A number of the also ran clubs seemed to struggle with COVID restrictions, but our guys look to have become even closer and tighter as a group.

If people think we had a strong culture in 2017-2019, then I think they are in for a hell of a shock in 2021.
Well said Streak. Spot on. Have been pondering this exact same thing. I think it will stand us in great stead going into next year and beyond

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Are you suggesting one of us should become a super-spreader?

• Wow