Richmondy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmondy

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
If Richmondy is a team that the most successful of it's era that all others are jealous of - Then it certainly doesn't bother Leysy.

Reactions: 3 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
This season belongs in the Twilight Zone. It's been calamitous in so many ways. No club wants to play us in a final, but luckily for them they won't have to, because we have undertaken a sustained, season long period of self harm that warrants us being in a padded cell.

I suspect we have a grand finale of unscripted drama yet to come this season. We sit on the edge of our seats, awaiting the final episodes.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
You dispise it because you know its accurate
Its horseshit. We had a long period in the cellar, and during and after that some flakey moments, as all teams do. There is nothing unique about it. Because the supporters and haters alike all care, it somehow becomes this myth.

How many GFs have we lost in the last 50 years? Richmondy is not losing GFs.

You can stick a 'y' on the end of any side if you want to generate a media story.

Colliwobblesey: Losing GFs, thats an exception and actually stands up to scrutiny.
St Kilda-ey: Jinxed, Never winning anything
Geelongy - making finals but not winning them.
Essendony - stuck in the 90s, not winning finals
Northy - who cares
West Coastey - tankers, yo yo up and down the ladder
Melbourney - tanking
Freoey - flakey
Portey - boring, never quite good enough

etc etc I'm bored now

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
3 premierships in 4 years is pretty 'Richmondy' ..

straighten up and get a bit of luck it'll be 4 in 5 ...

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Either bin the thread or change the name. That term should never be used here. It’s offensive.

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Did some AfilthL illiterate coin the term "Richmondy"?

Where does this come from?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I don’t mind the term Richmondy.

Yes it was used when we fluffed those close games, but I do hear it when our pressure game is up and running.

It would be very Richmondy to win it from 7th - we are a ferocious and unpredictable team - no one wants to play us here on in and any team falling to 6th will get the poison chalice. What a great thing, to be feared again, from 7th - can you believe it.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Making the finals 8 of the last 10 years with three flags thrown in.

That's Richmondy. Just quote the above when it comes up.

Every club would chew their own arm off to have a decade like that just once.

Reactions: 5 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
To the best of my knowledge it came from Will Anderson on the Two Guys One Cup podcast.

Ironic. A podcast hosted by a bloke who supports the Saints and a bloke who supports the Western Bulldogs. We achieved in 4 years what their clubs have accomplished in a combined 294 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
What happened to Carlton on Saturday night was very Richmondy :mhihi

However, despite the comments from some, we will not be able to live down the Gold Cost and Norf results if we are not still alive come Prelim weekend.

Reactions: 1 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
I feel that we don't loose too much if Ross comes in for Jack Graham that is,he was unlucky and play well.
Ps the essendon media pile on is a re do of our earlier meeting.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
However, despite the comments from some, we will not be able to live down the Gold Cost and Norf results if we are not still alive come Prelim weekend.
Aarts, Castagna, Dow and Ralphsmith, lost at the selection table.