Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yep, the Heywood one should have been killed, terrible defending.
Bloody unforgivable. Nank guilty as well. Why on earth try to mark it with opponents there contesting too? Another vital goal that cost the game.
But I thought Taz played a better game aside from those two glaring mistakes, for a player of his experience.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Was easily in our best. Made mincemeat of Tomageriatric.

The boss burned Miller for Tarrant and Tarrant responded. Notwithstanding the concussion. 15 minutes off the ground for that.

Is classy at his best and is close to that.

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Twice went back with flight and got hammered but kept going. Finally got to see the AA we thought we stole.
Hopefully gets his confidence back, took some nice grabs which is what I remember him for his aerial work.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Winning a lot of respect from his team mates and supporters over the past two weeks. First playing with the broken knuckle, then playing after surgery and then going back with the flight and ripping Shovekins a new one.

Reactions: 5 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Went to the game. And watched the replay late last night.

Tarrant was even better than I thought at the game. Sure, there was no Josh Kennedy, but he was still damn good. 2 weeks in a row now he's been very good after buildng for a few weeks before that. Closing speed seemed better yesterday too.

Maybe he was getting over an injury like Dimma said and getting used to our system. Love the way Dimma backed him in earlier in the year, when many of us - myself included - were wishy washy on whether he was cooked already.

Surely he's rapt to be playing at the MCG almost every game too.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Just looks more confident in our system. Positioning … going for his marks… big spoils. Reckon he has a big role come September.

Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Agree with the three posts above - and I was rapt about recruiting him but then somewhat concerned after 5 or 6 games.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He's been fine. But one thing I find quite frustrating, and it ain't Tarrant's fault, both Tarrant and Gibcus tend to do big spoils to the front of the pack. But none of our players are there. We have a fair idea where the punches are likely to go, where are the ground players to at least pressure the opposition after we spoil their marks?

Need a bit more connection there.

To get back on topic, Tarrant was well worth picking up. Even if he ended up being just for depth, unlikely with all his experience, he was still worth getting.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He's moving better, must have been a confidence thing? If he can maintain that form and Balta can come ack it will likely see Gibcus make way.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
he hasn't had the perfect season consistency wise and looking like it was fitness related
fingers crossed
he builds into a good finals series