Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Robbie Tarrant responds to the news confirming the trade to the Tigers…

1633685356029.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Continues our long standing tradition of Taz-manians.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Good pick with Astbury leaving. Hopefully he can join in the multiple premiership celebrations with Dave in his retirement, after a couple of good years with us.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Tarrant must have been real tempted to put #lolnorf at the end of that post?

He‘d be wrapt to be out of that shitehole

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
As his old number is on the back of Triple Nankenstein and therefore untouchable I hope he gets 18.
Would be nice to see the 18 in action again post The Rancid One.
I hope he doesn't get 12.
As good Triple DTLD was with it I would like it to eventually return to its rightful place in the forward line.
All we need is a leggy young colt to drop it onto.
Happy to wait.

Reactions: 6 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
At 32 it's a Geelong like trade so I hope it works out but let's be honest whilst Tarrant has been a star, his best footy isn't in front of him.
Unlike the Cats though we have a lot of youth on our list so a mature head makes a lot of sense even if it's for the short term. I'm ok with the trade on that basis. We're not Geelong.
He's been a quality player no doubt so hopefully we get to see plenty of that.

Reactions: 8 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
As his old number is on the back of Triple Nankenstein and therefore untouchable I hope he gets 18.
Would be nice to see the 18 in action again post The Rancid One.
I hope he doesn't get 12.
As good Triple DTLD was with it I would like it to eventually return to its rightful place in the forward line.
All we need is a leggy young colt to drop it onto.
Happy to wait.
Josh Gibcus

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Going to be fascinating to see how Tarrant goes slotting into our backline.
No doubt has been a superstar for much of his career calling the shots down back at the Roos but he's going to be surrounded by premiership players who've worked in part of a successful system for a long time now.
Whilst I'm sure Tarrant will likely slot in well for Astbury, there's no guarantees that a 32 year old is going to make the adjustment seamlessly.
He's an important piece to any success we may have this year so fingers crossed it all works out.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Going to be fascinating to see how Tarrant goes slotting into our backline.
No doubt has been a superstar for much of his career calling the shots down back at the Roos but he's going to be surrounded by premiership players who've worked in part of a successful system for a long time now.
Whilst I'm sure Tarrant will likely slot in well for Astbury, there's no guarantees that a 32 year old is going to make the adjustment seamlessly.
He's an important piece to any success we may have this year so fingers crossed it all works out.
Maybe. Agree with you it will be a fascinating story.

Think it will be refreshing for him, new club new system. Surrounded by blokes who have 100% bought in and are giving it all for team success.
A challenge to learn the new system.
All things pointing to good reasons to succeed, especially if Tarrant is professional And committed (signs looking good so far)

If we have a similar disastrous season as 21, then it may turn for the worse as we give youth more opportunities , but I'd be very optimistic

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Listened to Dimma's post match presser and though he was being very diplomatic of Tarrant's performance, gave some praise but subtly admitted he has a way to go to meet the Tigers game needs. Personally I have been unimpressed by all his outings in the Yellow and Black and just hope he improves fast.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Listened to Dimma's post match presser and though he was being very diplomatic of Tarrant's performance, gave some praise but subtly admitted he has a way to go to meet the Tigers game needs. Personally I have been unimpressed by all his outings in the Yellow and Black and just hope he improves fast.
He completely blanketed Mackay last night. Not sure what else you expected from him.

Reactions: 5 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
He completely blanketed Mackay last night. Not sure what else you expected from him.
Copied my reply to Mr Poshman.
In mitigation I watched the game on TV so I re-watched the game today and admittedly a couple of mistakes made by Gibcus I had put on Tarrant but overall for all his experience and on field presence I thought he was not up to par for a KPD in this game. Too many errors for me. I know he will improve once into the Richmond game plan but for now I thought his performance could have been so much better. It wouldn't have helped us win of he was on top of his game as we were second rate in too many areas but I want to see a solid defence and collectively this wasn't it.
I am sticking to my observations but accept others viewpoint will differ from mine

Reactions: 1 user