Robbie Tarrant | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Weighing up whether to stay at north or come to Tigerland on a 2yr deal according to Mitch Dreary

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Soooo no to Talia then? 2 year deal to a 32yo vs 2 year deal to a 30yo?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I am not fussed on whether it’s Talia or Tarrant. We can’t go into next year without another key defender.

Reactions: 12 users

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Really I’d be inclined to go the opposite…. Tarrant >Tahlia IMO
Yes I agree, Tarrant is a very good player and is rarely beaten. Just a shame he isn’t a little younger

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Tarrant is one of the best if not the best stoppers in the league even at 32. Very underrated player IMO. Just can't get on the park which happens more so at that age. With a relatively healthy list, we probably don't need one of Talia or Tarrant to play any more than half the season akin to Prestia so long as its the pointy end of the season. Wouldn't give Tarrant anymore than 1 season at a time and Talia no more than 2 seasons first off

Last edited:

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Tarrant better player than Talia
wonder if Talia prefers to play for the pussies instead? So we made offer to Tarrant

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It's funny that Astbury retires and now we are chasing 2 30+ year olds to replace him.
Wasn't Tarrant out most this season,??Screenshot_20210917-213247_Samsung Internet.jpg

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
It's funny that Astbury retires and now we are chasing 2 30+ year olds to replace him.
Wasn't Tarrant out most this season,??View attachment 13577
North finished where they did because Tarrant and McDonald weren't in the side. Once back the side gelled and they actually looked half decent.
Tarrant better player than Talia
wonder if Talia prefers to play for the pussies instead? So we made offer to Tarrant
I'm not usually one for taking on 30yo's but we're not always in a premiership window.
If both physically fit I'd rate both Talia & Tarrant well ahead of Garth & Miller.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I’d probably prefer Talia of the two purely for the age difference. As many including myself have stated we seriously need some bolstering in this area. None of our depth players are anything like guarantees but we know what Talia and Tarrant bring. If we still think we’re in the window we should bring one of them in fitness pending.

Garth, Miller and Biggy are highly unlikely to do it for us.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Talia & Tarrant means a shake up coming to the backline, maybe Balta to a wing? Balta would be almost unstoppable on a wing.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Talia & Tarrant means a shake up coming to the backline, maybe Balta to a wing? Balta would be almost unstoppable on a wing.
I see it as taking Astbury's role which allows Balta & Grimes to be freed up from just being a stopper

Reactions: 3 users