Robin Nahas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robin Nahas

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure if the Slumdog Millionaire has his own thread or not yet. Feel free to merge Mods.

Sure it was only the first game of the NAB but Nahas did seem to take another step forward this year after his brilliant debut last year. Played more in the middle and got the pill a fair bit. Not scared of the physical stuff despite being built like a 12yo. Good vision and awareness. Around the goals he's always a threat. He's one of the few players we have that when he gets the ball within the 50 we're starting to expect a goal to come out of it.

One of our better rookie picks in recent history.

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
"Skinny" was amazing, Nahas is OK.

Career top 5 finishes for the now entitled "Coleman Medal"

1929 4th - Titus 54 goals
1934 4th - Titus 80 goals
1935 4th - Titus 83 goals
1936 3rd - Titus 83 goals
1937 3rd - Titus 66 goals
1938 5th - Titus 72 goals
1940 1st - Titus 100 goals
1941 3rd - Titus 87 goals
1942 2nd - Titus 67 goals

All of that in the era of Coventry (Coll) Pratt (Sth) Vallence (Carl) Moriarty (Fitz) Moloney (Geel) Mohr (Stk) Todd (Coll) - pretty good effort among that lot for skin and bone player :cutelaugh

Agree BigBear with most of that, but I do want to see Nahas closer to goal - he is ability read the flight of the ball off packs is about the best we have, and while it would be nice to use that up the field - let's get his football capabilities entrenched in the big league first before we go trying make more of him.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Phar Ace said:
"Skinny" was amazing, Nahas is OK.

Agree BigBear with most of that, but I do want to see Nahas closer to goal - he is ability read the flight of the ball of packs is about the best we have, and while it would be nice to use that up the field - let's get his football capabilities entrenched in the big league first before we go trying make more of him.

Yep, agree. I also prefer to see him in the forward line. Maybe a run in the middle just to break things up a bit if we're struggling. But he's best position is easily the crumbing, tackling, goal snapping forward pocket.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
He certainly seems to be very comfortable with his role in the side now. That can only improve his conversion rate (which I think suffered somewhat last year).

He is also vocal, hard at it and committed on the field.

He is certainly a keeper IMO.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
Baloo said:
Yep, agree. I also prefer to see him in the forward line. Maybe a run in the middle just to break things up a bit if we're struggling. But he's best position is easily the crumbing, tackling, goal snapping forward pocket.

Has amazing ability to read the flight of ball off the packs.

Laid a great tackle on Buddy as well.

Looks very promising. :clap

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Best thing about Rockin' is that he has a cool head and sniffs the goals really well.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Did anyone notice how tiny Nahas and third tall Brown were the same height on Saturday?

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
I'd play him closer to goal, not in the midfield. I know I'd rather him up there over Hislop and Polo.

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
lamb22 said:
Did anyone notice how tiny Nahas and third tall Brown were the same height on Saturday?

Yeah, but Brown plays as tall as Rance plays short.................. ;)

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
Barnzy said:
I'd play him closer to goal, not in the midfield. I know I'd rather him up there over Hislop and Polo.

Yep, He's your classical Roving Forward Pocket.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Barnzy said:
There aren't too many I'd prefer over those 2. Hislop shouldn't still be on the list and if Polo is going to stay on it, defence is the only place for him. Robin is an excitement machine, you always think something is going to happen when he gets the pill.

sashback

Our saviour??
Aug 22, 2005
I think the Nahas needs an extended spell in the 'Burgs. His forward pressure is non existent of late, only 2 tackles last night, disposal been poor, gets pushed off the ball too easily and of late, hasn't been getting in the right positions to crumb. That's what he's there for, to crumb and kick goals.
Lacking in confidence at the moment I think.

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
sashback said:
I think the Nahas needs an extended spell in the 'Burgs. His forward pressure is non existent of late, only 2 tackles last night, disposal been poor, gets pushed off the ball too easily and of late, hasn't been getting in the right positions to crumb. That's what he's there for, to crumb and kick goals.
Lacking in confidence at the moment I think.

Yes, i agree, he is off his game.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
Questions marks starting to creep into his game IMO and opposition teams seem to be finding him out. Has 2 positive attributes which are speed and defensive pressure. Very small and slight for someone with average skills, average decision making and average goal sense (misses a lot of gettable shots).

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Tough position to play well consistently, but another tall forward should help him get some crumdiddlies. When those crumming opportunities arise Nahas must take full advantage of them to be an effective small forward. Conversion is an issue at the moment, but I think it is a confidence thing. He MUST bulk up.

Daigoro

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 20, 2004
not good enough. At his size needs to be very skillful and a clever finisher and he is far from that

skiptomystu

Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Wilson23
Jun 29, 2004
Yeah maybe bring back in Relton for a couple of games and give Nahas a spell.