Rookie and Pre-season draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rookie and Pre-season draft

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There's still a bit of talent that didn't get drafted, Browne, Cox, Cripps, Long, Pegoraro, Dean and Avery to name a few.

Polson is a player who played rep footy and also the 1 senior game in the WAFL in which he did well. He tested well 2:90 for the 20 metres, and was in the top performers in the standing and running vertical jumps. I hope we are giving him some consideration, he has got some good attributes. What's the knock, is it his kicking?

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Do we have spots available? I have no idea of how the list numbers now stack up.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Pretty sure we have 41 plus Colina. We are allowed 42 plus Colina, so I think today may be a bit of an anticlimax for us as we will likely just re-rookie Biggie.

Reactions: 1 user

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
What was the pick we passed on last night ?

Does that mean we can still invite players to train over the summer & select one of them like we did Stack ?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
1 of the picks we passed on yesterday would have been used to promote a rookie, but they are now done after the ND I believe.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Rookie draft has become a farce.

It's supposed to be a draft for young players that were overlooked in the ND. Instead it's become a tool for clubs to manage their salary cap or list sizes.

Reactions: 3 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Rookie draft has become a farce.

It's supposed to be a draft for young players that were overlooked in the ND. Instead it's become a tool for clubs to manage their salary cap or list sizes.
yes. This is a reason I'm a bit wary about the talk of mid-season trading. If the AFL can't sort out all the loopholes in the current drafts and trade periods, they shouldn't be introducing another bunch of loopholes

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
There's still a bit of talent that didn't get drafted, Browne, Cox, Cripps, Long, Pegoraro, Dean and Avery to name a few.

Polson is a player who played rep footy and also the 1 senior game in the WAFL in which he did well. He tested well 2:90 for the 20 metres, and was in the top performers in the standing and running vertical jumps. I hope we are giving him some consideration, he has got some good attributes. What's the knock, is it his kicking?
Not a fan of Browne Tiges. Very rough around the edges-scrappy. Ordinary disposal. Bit unathletic towards being slow. Can see why he’s been overlooked despite big possession numbers.