Rookie draft 2018 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rookie draft 2018

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
bullus_hit said:
Speed is killing the careers of those star state leaguers, we're partly to blame.
AFL rule changes to open up the congestion has certainly hastened the death of the medium paced plough type footballer. Big contested beasts with the capacity to break the ball out of the initial congestion and a swarm of sprinters will be the go until someone invents another way to manipulate the system.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Sydney Stack will be training with us with a view to being signed under the new rules (I assume the same ones that allowed us to sign Weller). Will live with Dimma while here.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
St Kevin said:
Sydney Stack will be training with us with a view to being signed under the new rules (I assume the same ones that allowed us to sign Weller). Will live with Dimma while here.

Fair whack of potential right there! And coming from a 'troubled home-life' the way for him really is up.

Some articles for anyone interested...
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl-draft/afl-draft-2018-wa-under-18-coach-peter-sumich-urges-clubs-to-pick-sydney-stack-ng-b881027519z
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl-draft/afl-draft-2018-sydney-stack-finds-peace-in-footys-rough-and-tumble-ng-b881023654z

Letsroar

Tiger Matchwinner
May 19, 2014
Let’s give the kid a go. Hope he puts his best foot forward and convinces Dimma to put him on the list

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Letsroar said:
Let’s give the kid a go. Hope he puts his best foot forward and convinces Dimma to put him on the list
Yep, Dan might put him under his wing and show him how it’s done in the AFL

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Speed is killing the careers of those star state leaguers, we're partly to blame. But yeah, at a bare minimum I would have liked to have seen a ruck like Jordan Sweet recruited. Fingers, toes crossed nothing happens to Nank.

Speed has always done that.

I worked with the older brother of a recent star Tiger of a few years ago. He was a VFL and WAFL gun. Every year he would try out with another AFL team, every year he would last a couple of training sessions before they let him go because he was not quick enough. He carved it up in the State Leagues for nearly ten years.

It has become worse since we won a flag with it.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
St Kevin said:
loads of potential needs to get his life right ...where is his best postion on the field

E

easy_tiger

easy said:
Havnt seen much of him but was pretty robinson crusoe in standing up in the vfl finals this year.

Culturally, i dont mind using a rookie spot as reward for ticker

Just realised i confused him with Tom Sylvestro 8-