Round 1 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 2023

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Good problem to have but I cant even fit some favourites in.

Grimes Balta Gibcus
D,Rioli Vlaustin Baker

McKintosh Picket
Soldo Prestia Hopper Taranto

Bolton Cumberland Martin
M Rioli Lynch Riewoldt

INT
Nankervis, Cotchin, Graham, Short

Need a big preseason: Ross, Sonsie, Broad, Tarrant, Miller, Clarke, Ralphsmith

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Good problem to have but I cant even fit some favourites in.

Grimes Balta Gibcus
D,Rioli Vlaustin Baker

McKintosh Picket
Soldo Prestia Hopper Taranto

Bolton Cumberland Martin
M Rioli Lynch Riewoldt

INT
Nankervis, Cotchin, Graham, Short

Need a big preseason: Ross, Sonsie, Broad, Tarrant, Miller, Clarke, Ralphsmith
5 on the bench next year IIRC. Tough to put out a team without leaving some out.

Injuries will no doubt open a spot or two for round 1.

For mine. Broad will be in the side and Gibcus if he plays will likely be on the bench.

Miller may or not be in the frame to tag with Nank, dependent upon Soldo's pre season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The season usually starts ok, but ever since 2019 has turned to poo in terms of injury from then on, which forces us to use our depth and charge home late.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
I think this year we will go through with a very high win/loss ratio.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
like in 2022, eh?

Not saying we wouldn't make finals, but unless you are top 4 you may as well be on holidays.

Top 4 means you start the season knowing you need to work to a benchmark of only losing 6 games to guarantee that happening, you can't afford to drop one to a 5-10th level team missing its best player.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Not saying we wouldn't make finals, but unless you are top 4 you may as well be on holidays.

Top 4 means you start the season knowing you need to work to a benchmark of only losing 6 games to guarantee that happening, you can't afford to drop one to a 5-10th level team missing its best player.

We started 2-4 last year and would have made the top 4 if it wasn’t for a couple of Benny Hilll Music brain explosions late in games.

Reactions: 5 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
We started 2-4 last year and would have made the top 4 if it wasn’t for a couple of Benny Hilll Music brain explosions late in games.
And last year the Cats lost to the Hawks and Saints.
The Big Richo's post is about as accurate as some of The Real Richo's shots for goal.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

'Would have' are the relevant words there I think. You are always going to drop some games along the way, it's the when, and why that is key.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Kid's been struggling with a bulging disc pressing on a nerve n they've had to do surgery on it.
Had that problem a few years ago, could sit, could lie down but every time I got up to walk it felt like someone was stabbing me in the left calf achilles area. Was doing delivery work at the time n picking up boxes n loading / unloading by hand was near enough to bring tears, good luck to someone trying to run n play footy.
Mine settled within a couple of weeks with rest n physio and I haven't had any issues with the disc since. If he's had three months of rest n rehab n still can't load up his physical side of things to the point that he's needed surgery to rectify then good luck to the young fella, reckon he's gunna need some.