Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Ok PRE, I just spoke to the club membership dept about R1.

They said Premium Reserved Seat members are guaranteed a ticket for R1.

Regular Reserved Seat Members (which includes myself) as well as GA members will have to go into a ballot. But reserved seat members are likely to get priority over GA members.

The ballot will not be based on seniority at this stage.

About a third of the membership base are interstate, overseas, non-ticketed members, etc.

It's likely you will need to "opt in" and apply for R1 tix so the club can gauge interest.

MCG crowd cap remains at 50,000 at this stage (subject to change of course).

Anyone who misses out on a ticket in R1, will be guaranteed a ticket at the second home game. (Sydney R3).

Flag unfurling may be done at 2 different games for this reason.

Reactions: 17 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Thanks Ia,4,

Did they mention how the ballot would work?

I'm a regular reserved seat member too (I think, what makes you premium?) and so are my kids (12 and 10). If the ballot is family based then fine, but it could be ridiculous where my 10 year old gets a ticket but I don't, so neither of us could go.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Regardless of how many can get it and who they are, the club really needs to think about what they can do about presenting the flag unfurling ceremony to the masses who miss out on a seat. Don't think Fox or 7 televise it. They should consider a stream of that to make sure we all get to witness the historic moment in some way.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Regardless of how many can get it and who they are, the club really needs to think about what they can do about presenting the flag unfurling ceremony to the masses who miss out on a seat. Don't think Fox or 7 televise it. They should consider a stream of that to make sure we all get to witness the historic moment in some way.
Live stream is a good idea, BT

I'd just be happy if they were to put some quality footage up on the club website.

I don't need to see it live but I do want to see it.

Reactions: 1 users

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
Thanks Ia,4,

Did they mention how the ballot would work?

I'm a regular reserved seat member too (I think, what makes you premium?) and so are my kids (12 and 10). If the ballot is family based then fine, but it could be ridiculous where my 10 year old gets a ticket but I don't, so neither of us could go.
The ballot will be like the GF where you put your barcodes together and either you all go or none do.

the membership types gauranreed entry are coterie memberships like 3121, club 13, Richmond executive etc

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The ballot will be like the GF where you put your barcodes together and either you all go or none do.

the membership types gauranreed entry are coterie memberships like 3121, club 13, Richmond executive etc
OK great, thats good then. I wasn't involved in the GF ballots as I'm not a gold member yet but good to know how they do it. Thanks

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Here we go again. The way it’s currently playing out with the insistent attitude of plonking overseas travellers into hotel quarantine smack bang in the middle of the most densely populated areas, we’ll be lucky to attend any games (again) this year :mad:.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Another issue will be transparency. The clubs really need to communicate how they are going to run the ballots. I know that things are still uncertain, but publishing some sort of guidelines well before the ballot takes place would do a whole lot of good for their PR. Plus, it would be the right thing to do.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Another issue will be transparency. The clubs really need to communicate how they are going to run the ballots. I know that things are still uncertain, but publishing some sort of guidelines well before the ballot takes place would do a whole lot of good for their PR. Plus, it would be the right thing to do.

DS
Well said David. There needs to be no surprises.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I rang the club. Maurice Rioli Club membership is an "add on" and goes into the GA ballot.
I am a MR member. I received my membership pack the other day but did not receive a membership card with a bar code. Only got the MR Medallion. Did you receive anything different?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I rang the club. Maurice Rioli Club membership is an "add on" and goes into the GA ballot.

Thats strange considering it provides a guranteeed GF ticket. it should be grouped with the high end membership. Or maybe i'm biased because that includes me.

The only problem with that is no-one was issued a 2021 Barcode

in the A-League, you use your membership number to purchase tix as no barcodes are provided. I imagine it'll be the same for footy.

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
I am a MR member. I received my membership pack the other day but did not receive a membership card with a bar code. Only got the MR Medallion. Did you receive anything different?
No membership cards with barcodes were issued. Only commemorative cards in their place were sent and received just before Xmas. This was communicated by the club to members.