Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
They should be paying you for those tickets. At least you get to see the tigers again.

I fell for the old "Best Available" trick instead of reloading, as was busy at work and just wanted a ticket. Normally I'd just head down to standing room but guess that ain't an option this week

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Does anyone know if we have to prepurchase tickets every week for the season? I assume we do since our membership card doesn’t get us in anymore

bozo

Tiger Cub
Dec 11, 2007
North Carlton
I have 3 tickets all on the same app, so wondering if its better to take screenshots of the QR codes, so that I can cycle through them quicker. Do we think this will work rather than accessing through the app when going through the turnstile?

That’s what I always do. Easier to find photos than my wallet app! A screenshot works fine at the scanners!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Stupid question possibly. After all the drama rushing to make sure we get tickets before they sold out, does anyone know if the game is actually sold out?

DavidSSS

Tiger Champion
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
No, I originally got a $40 voucher sent to two of our three email addresses with the same voucher number.
When I rang to question it, they changed it to a $60 voucher.

you’re right, it is very confusing and they could have made it much clearer

Thing is that we are both now adult members too so maybe they should send things separately to us. I still get the emails which go to my daughter as well (she also gets the emails to her email address) and she uses our home address for everything Richmond membership related, but, she is a paid up adult member so no idea why they are being bunched together.

Did you get that in the General Reserved ticket sale, Ace?

Strange if you did because that bay is part of the Punt Road End Family reserved seat section, and I’m still waiting to see if I’ve got the two tickets I went in the ballot for.

I’m actually not holding out much hope of going as the day gets closer...

From what I was sent I thought all reserved seat and reserved bay members who entered the ballot got a ticket. I would normally be in M1 or M2, but am in M13 so we're all being thrown around to different spots. But you should see what is going on if you were in that ballot and haven't got a ticket in the app and an email telling you that you can download your ticket. Seems wrong given what they indicated in their email last week.

DS

DavidSSS

Tiger Champion
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I fell for the old "Best Available" trick instead of reloading, as was busy at work and just wanted a ticket. Normally I'd just head down to standing room but guess that ain't an option this week

The Best Available is terrible. The worst thing is last year when I booked tickets early I got row V or W or the like. When I went in to look at ticket availability the map showed all the rows in front of me were "unavailable". Then, I checked again a couple of weeks later and you could buy Row B or Row D. I have no idea how that happens but it sucks.

DS

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Just having a squiz at the club site....really wonderful ceremony they've got planned.
And Neil hasn't had an eclair for a year.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Does anyone know if we have to prepurchase tickets every week for the season? I assume we do since our membership card doesn’t get us in anymore

Yes. This is the new normal.

Stupid question possibly. After all the drama rushing to make sure we get tickets before they sold out, does anyone know if the game is actually sold out?

I know that tickets were still available last evening. I've been saying all along that anyone who wanted a ticket will get one. People have overestimated demand for this.

The Best Available is terrible. The worst thing is last year when I booked tickets early I got row V or W or the like. When I went in to look at ticket availability the map showed all the rows in front of me were "unavailable". Then, I checked again a couple of weeks later and you could buy Row B or Row D. I have no idea how that happens but it sucks.

DS

because Ticketek sell in blocks. they want you to buy row FF in the nose bleeds before they release row A of the next block. it’s a ridiculous system, but Ticketek are notorious for it. The trick is to hold your nerve and be willing to cancel your seats if you don’t like them.

DavidSSS

Tiger Champion
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
because Ticketek sell in blocks. they want you to buy row FF in the nose bleeds before they release row A of the next block. it’s a ridiculous system, but Ticketek are notorious for it. The trick is to hold your nerve and be willing to cancel your seats if you don’t like them.

Yep, I was planning to not buy tickets until decent spots were available, but 2020 gave us no opportunity to do so.

Ticketek just sucks on this. They are not only doing what you say but selling back rows in a bay weeks before making the the seats closer to the front available, it is beyond irritating, it is incompetent.

DS

bamyes

Tiger Cub
Mar 25, 2009
Looks sold out now, Jumped on and cant get a ticket with a Kids membership number i didnt use

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I’m curious about something. As I’ve said, I’ve accidentally paid $18 for a ticket that should have been free, as have a few others I see. Assuming every Tigers member wanted to go tomorrow, everyone should have got access to a free ticket. If that’s the case, why were tickets available to “buy”? Did ticketek put aside already scarce tickets to fleece members? If there were only a certain amount of free tickets available why would some members have been penalized by having to fork out more money for a ticket that they have already paid for with their membership?

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Finally manged to have the entire fam's tickets on my app, looks like we'll be there tomorrow night. Seats not that far from usual spot, was genuinely concerned that this would be a massive cluster *smile*.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I'm hearing Footscray were allocated 4,000 tix for friday, went on sale at 10am and they were sold out in minutes.

I’m curious about something. As I’ve said, I’ve accidentally paid $18 for a ticket that should have been free, as have a few others I see. Assuming every Tigers member wanted to go tomorrow, everyone should have got access to a free ticket. If that’s the case, why were tickets available to “buy”? Did ticketek put aside already scarce tickets to fleece members? If there were only a certain amount of free tickets available why would some members have been penalized by having to fork out more money for a ticket that they have already paid for with their membership?
I'm assuming to give GA members the option to upgrade.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
There were only 3 at training . I knew the other “ bloke “ next to me , so assume you were the other 15 metres away.
Correct there @Stig ..... I'm a tad shy ..... Anyway, I was stuck to the asphalt they've replaced where you and @caesar have worn it out :)

• Haha

mj72

Tiger Rookie
Jun 21, 2004
punt road

DS
This is a huge gripe of mine. First in is often worse served.
Yesterday at 10am I tried to buy 3 tickets (AFL member) on ground level and could not get, kept refreshing and trying again to see if they released bays. In the end I ended up top deck as I had work to do and could not afford more time. I actually had 3 on ground (which weirdly showed up as kids tickets, which I was going to accept anyway as who cares...its a bum on seat, zero charge) at one point but got booted. Such a rubbish infuriating system.
Generally I do ok, but R1 every year screws me over for some reason.