Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
what's the ticketing arrangement for next fridays fosters cup match?

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I kind of get what you mean and do feel for those with MRC membership but MRC membership does not provide game access (aside from the GF guarantee). Reserved seat members get priority access so for Round 1 I would expect Reserved seat members to gain the benefit of paying for priority access.
That’s true but as an MRC member I wasn‘t allowed to use my membership for what I have paid for last year, that is, to attend the Grand Final. I know that isn’t the clubs fault and I don’t blame them for that situation. But I would have thought that as a thank you to us MRC members that we would, along with reserved seat holders, get some sort of priority considering the situation.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
That’s true but as an MRC member I wasn‘t allowed to use my membership for what I have paid for last year, that is, to attend the Grand Final. I know that isn’t the clubs fault and I don’t blame them for that situation. But I would have thought that as a thank you to us MRC members that we would, along with reserved seat holders, get some sort of priority considering the situation.

But isn't that the same for reserved seat members. Ie. they didn't get to use their priority access last year either.

I get what you mean though, maybe MRC should get access before GA's without MRC membership?

They could easily run 2 ballots at the same time for both of those groups, you only need to apply for 1, apply for both and you get dropped out (just like if you enter your barcodes wrong). Whatevers left over after that goes to the remaining GA membership ballot.

Thats probably about as fair as you can get I would have thought.

I think its starting to become very clear though, if you have no membership at all, unless Covid restrictions are withdrawn or reduced somewhat, those without any sort of membership are unlikely to be at the footy much this season.

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
I emailed this morning about general access members and got this response FWIW.

Thanks for your email.

We hope you are doing well as well.

We are anticipating more information for our general admission members to go out in the next week or two regarding access to games.

Thanks and go tiges!

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I kind of get what you mean and do feel for those with MRC membership but MRC membership does not provide game access (aside from the GF guarantee). Reserved seat members get priority access so for Round 1 I would expect Reserved seat members to gain the benefit of paying for priority access.
Why can't they break the tiers up into even groups (once capacity is known) & divide it up that way, If RS Members are the only ones that can go to Rd 1 they'll spill out into our seats that we normally use yet i'll bet we never get near there seats in the games we can go to as they'll be using them. Every Member must be in with a chance of going to Rd 1.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
This 100%! I pay the extra for the guarantee of the GF which is same as Reserve seat members paying for a guaranteed seat, we all missed out the same way last yr which was beyond anyone's control so we all copped it but it's a bit much to ask some to cop it again, in many cases we have MRC as that is all we can afford & so should all get the same chance to go & sit in our various bays/area's we always occupy.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I emailed this morning about general access members and got this response FWIW.
I don't mind that but but i can't accept being shut out of Rd 1, if i am in a ballot & miss out then that's the way it is but we must all be in with a chance. Total allocation for the Clubs members divide by how many tiers there are is the fairest way, again we all missed out the same way last yr so need to have a chance this yr

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Why don't they just install 100,000 plastic panels in between each seat and then everyone can go?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Why can't they break the tiers up into even groups (once capacity is known) & divide it up that way, If RS Members are the only ones that can go to Rd 1 they'll spill out into our seats that we normally use yet i'll bet we never get near there seats in the games we can go to as they'll be using them. Every Member must be in with a chance of going to Rd 1.

I think thats fair enough. Vic reserved seat members and Vic MRC members lost the most last season as most kept up their payments and got nothing in return. Both pay for some level of priority access, whether that is priority access to games or priority access to the GF.

I feel like priority should be given to both groups.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
AFL announced that crowd will be capped at 50,000.

Honestly, with what's happened over the last year and what's still happening around the world, that's a *smile* huge number.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
AFL announced that crowd will be capped at 50,000.

Honestly, with what's happened over the last year and what's still happening around the world, that's a *smile* huge number.
Compared to the rest of the world it is. Compared to the rest of Australia we have the worst deal.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Compared to the rest of the world it is. Compared to the rest of Australia we have the worst deal.
You're complaining about 50,000 people at a sorting event? Get some perspective.