Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Out of the years to miss out on watching us play is this year.
This virus wont let up and will cost us another season unable to watch the boys live.
Why didn't this virus come out in 1990 or 2010?

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I've been to 3, maybe four games in the last 20 years. My boys have been to 1 each and we've all been to the 2019 Grand Final. 16 or 17 years of consecutive membership for me.

They've been members since before they were born. We are foundation MRC members and have continued the MRC membership, Tier 1 I think, pre and post game access, from the beginning. MRC needs a match day membership so despite not going to games, we have those as well. Kids are Rookie club members from birth.

Because of the MRC we get a GF guarantee. To use that I need to fly all of us back to Australia for the day, which we did in 2019.

Tell me why you should get priority over us.

I did say "overall contribution to the club". Clearly when I mentioned that I wasn't meaning those that are MRC members but can't get to games.

As I said, I have no problem with not getting a ticket in 2017 or 2019. I haven't been through the traumatic years that I hear about, so had no problem with watching those games from the PRO (still money going into the club), but at some point I would love to go to a GF, but as it stands, there are people with basic membership (but more years) and don't go to games that get priority.

There is no perfect system, and thats what I was actually just commenting on, but people seem to see that as an attack on those that have had longer service. Unfortunately thats what seems to be "discussion" on PRE.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I did say "overall contribution to the club". Clearly when I mentioned that I wasn't meaning those that are MRC members but can't get to games.

As I said, I have no problem with not getting a ticket in 2017 or 2019. I haven't been through the traumatic years that I hear about, so had no problem with watching those games from the PRO (still money going into the club), but at some point I would love to go to a GF, but as it stands, there are people with basic membership (but more years) and don't go to games that get priority.

There is no perfect system, and thats what I was actually just commenting on, but people seem to see that as an attack on those that have had longer service. Unfortunately thats what seems to be "discussion" on PRE.

Ultimately you can't know anyone's situation or reasons for attending or not. It's also very subjective as to who should be first in the queue. Then you still get those who are first in the queue getting upset because they didn't get better seats. Maybe the club should ask everyone for a financial statement and base admittance on everyone's contribution divided by their gross yearly income multiplied by length of service subtracted by years resident in Melbourne.

The club will never win this one. Should it be length if service? Yes. Should it be financial contribution? Yes. Should it be anyone that identifies as a Richmond supporter? Yes. We all deserve to get to a Grand Final but with the small number of tickets available to the members, we're always going to have challenges keeping people happy.

But ultimately if we're arguing about who should get tickets to the grand final, we should be very happy regardless, we're in another Grand Final.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Ultimately you can't know anyone's situation or reasons for attending or not. It's also very subjective as to who should be first in the queue. Then you still get those who are first in the queue getting upset because they didn't get better seats. Maybe the club should ask everyone for a financial statement and base admittance on everyone's contribution divided by their gross yearly income multiplied by length of service subtracted by years resident in Melbourne.

The club will never win this one. Should it be length if service? Yes. Should it be financial contribution? Yes. Should it be anyone that identifies as a Richmond supporter? Yes. We all deserve to get to a Grand Final but with the small number of tickets available to the members, we're always going to have challenges keeping people happy.

But ultimately if we're arguing about who should get tickets to the grand final, we should be very happy regardless, we're in another Grand Final.

I agree its subjective as to the criteria and there are various criteria that could be used.

My initial point was to Mr Brightsides point (which is fair enough) that length of service is the most important thing, but I was merely commenting that there are other points of view than purely length of service.

Ultimately I think the club will continue to process it on length of service and I'll need to suck it up for a few years until I'm gold.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I agree its subjective as to the criteria and there are various criteria that could be used.

My initial point was to Mr Brightsides point (which is fair enough) that length of service is the most important thing, but I was merely commenting that there are other points of view than purely length of service.

Ultimately I think the club will continue to process it on length of service and I'll need to suck it up for a few years until I'm gold.
My reaction was to your premise that someone who has been a 20 year member but doesn't go to games very often should be seen in a lesser light.
You can't know why people aren't attending games so it's hard to make a value judgement based on games attended. You could also counter argue that by buying season tickets but not using them, they are actually contributing more to the club financially because they don't expect anything in return.

Anyway, let's hope this debate gets heated come 3rd week in September again this year.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Agree. The AFL members should be for home team club support first and then away club support second. Any tickets left over in Afl members then open to other Afl members.
Yep, should be competing clubs only and absolutely no guest passes.
This is what I wrote in their survey and that I also expected to be offered tickets to every game, given I paid in full last year.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Don't worry about ballots and ticket allocations.
We will struggle to see the boys again.
We can't go 10 weeks without a lockdown.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I disagree on this one MDJ , always have always will, i Do however understand paid members feeling the way you do, however it is an extreme point , but this is the way I look at it , why should somebody who’s just jumped on the bandwagon and paid for a membership for 1,2 5 years whatever , have the same entitlement to somebody who shook cans 30 years ago , has put the hard earned in to the club through the good and the bad, mainly bad for most , I’m not saying the new member shouldn’t get what they pay for , I just strongly believe loyalty should be rewarded .

im a little more understanding with the finacial side, however its not special treatment it’s getting what you pay for , remember without many big paying/donating people we would certainly not have just won 3 of the last 4 flags, sure there’s some who can’t possibly afford grand final guaranteed type memberships , however theres others who find away to pay for these memberships . Yes it can be tough for the younger generation, however the entitlement you mention is exactly what young people expect now, they believe if they want it now they get it now, sometimes you’ve just got to wait your turn , we all had too.

I think I’m right on this , a poster on PRE has been a member around 50 years and was unable to get a ticket in the 2019 ballot, is that fair ? I don’t think so . I’ve had a sook about this before an yep I’m still sooking ;) in 2019 a group of us who are all platinum Plus members (25+) ,3121 members( guaranteed GF tickets) a couple of us have done unpaid work for the club raising money , which is certainly not done for benefits just part of my point , anyway got absolutely shithouse tickets , yes agree should be happy just to be there and probably would have been if it was 2017 , however when you see / hear about new members, MRC members and so on in awesome spots it just doesn’t sit well with me, yes it is a bit of a “ I’m entitled “ however I believe we have earned the right .

Many will disagree and that’s fair enough, however this is one thing I think loyalty deserves reward

Hear ! Hear Burnside. Well said. (Those 2019 seats were still *** awesome regardless. Heh heh heh....ole Chumpley got absolutely rabbitted. Should have seen him.)

• Haha

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Hear ! Hear Burnside. Well said. (Those 2019 seats were still *** awesome regardless. Heh heh heh....ole Chumpley got absolutely rabbitted. Should have seen him.)
Chumpley was looking for the ice picks and clampons at 3/4 time. The top of the Great Southern Stand is like the *smile* Hilary Step on Mount Everest when the Tigers are 10 goals up and you’ve got a dozen beers in ya!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Chumpley was looking for the ice picks and clampons at 3/4 time. The top of the Great Southern Stand is like the *smile* Hilary Step on Mount Everest when the Tigers are 10 goals up and you’ve got a dozen beers in ya!!
Hah hah hah... it did become like a massive 20,000 foot drop off by the end.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Another possible way to assist the Grand Final ticketing issue is to increase capacity. I know we can't go back to the days of squeezing 120K in the MCG by having packed standing room, but we could remove some seats and have less packed standing room. You fit a lot more people into standing room and all we would need to do is reduce the density that they allowed back in the 1970s.

DS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Yep. Club's never going to keep everyone happy over who gets access to tickets at Grand final time. Way to many fans n nowhere near enough tickets available.

Can't understand anyone bitching about not getting a fancy enough seat though.
Apart from The MCC n AFL members only seating areas ( best areas on ground ) plus a small allocation to the clubs for their player family n corporate needs. The rest of the general plebs seating is purely random allocation by the ticketing company. You get offered a seat or perhaps even standing at a price of $X dollars take it or *smile* off. The clubs have no say at all n it's completely irrelevant to how fat your yearly membership is.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Hehehe Burnside, geez your out of form, little to long over with kiddies on flog footy , cmon son Lift !!!!!

So where did you get MPs mug shot ;)

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
This is an interesting debate. I am a platinum member (26 years). I also have the Roaming Tiger membership and MRC. Of my group of 5, one other is gold and has MRC. The other 3 are under gold level and none of them are MRC (although 2 are on the waiting list).

If the club decided to base ticketing on seniority, it wouldn’t really help me unless I separated myself from my group. I’m sure there are others in a similar position to myself. perhaps thats another reason why the club went this way.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
There is also the point that not everyone has historically chosen to have a reserved seat. I'm a platinum member but even in the years I had a high end membership I sold the seat back to the club because I'd rather watch the game from various points throughout the season and it seemed selfish to keep a seat and only use it once all year.

If it was a ticketed game I'd use my member access to choose a seat I wanted for that game.

I don't see why my game access rights should be considered inferior to someone who has been a member for many less years but holds a current reserve seat.
I have been a member continuously since the 70s... But never had a reserved seat so obviously not committed enough. Never wanted a reserved seat as that immediately dictates who you go to the game with. I even like going with opposition supporting mates and relatives. And my Tiger mates don't all go every week and I don't go with same ones each time anyway. Have full AFL and restricted MCC to give me a few options for H&A and finals access.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
This is an interesting debate. I am a platinum member (26 years). I also have the Roaming Tiger membership and MRC. Of my group of 5, one other is gold and has MRC. The other 3 are under gold level and none of them are MRC (although 2 are on the waiting list).

If the club decided to base ticketing on seniority, it wouldn’t really help me unless I separated myself from my group. I’m sure there are others in a similar position to myself. perhaps thats another reason why the club went this way.

Very similar situation with me and my group of 8 (who have seats together at games and sat together at ‘19 Granny)

Whatever they do this year with seating will surely see us split up and possibly spread over different weeks
Oh well - shyte happens

If I was to be having a bellyache about it - then I’d still prefer doing it as as a 3 out of 4 premiership winning fan

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Got an email today from the club with my new barcode and outlining the ballot process for 3121 members wanting seats. Ballot starts Wednesday closes Friday. Success or otherwise in the ballot will be notified by March 9.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

Dear ??????,

We're emailing today with important information regarding match day access for home games at the MCG.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions and reductions in crowd capacity at sporting venues, we will be running a ballot for all 2021 reserved seat members. We believe this is the fairest way to ensure members receive equal opportunity to attend.

Whilst we do not know exact capacity for our scheduled Round 1 vs Carlton Thursday, March 18 at the MCG we need to be as prepared as possible given the extra requirements needed at an AFL and State Government level.

All you need to know ahead of our Round 1 ballot can be found below and it is extremely important you carefully read all information!

BALLOT REGISTRATIONS FOR ROUND 1 VS CARLTON
Opens Wednesday February 24 - Closes Friday February 26 11.59pm (AEDT)

Members can register for up to 6 members so long as ALL members hold the same membership category.

Members will be emailed the ballot registration link by 12pm (AEDT) Wednesday, February 24.

The ballot will be open strictly until 11.59pm (AEDT) Friday, February 26.

To successfully enter the ballot, you will need to use your 12-digit membership barcode.

MEMBERSHIP BARCODE: ????????????????

IMPORTANT:

• As a 3121 member, you will receive priority access to a ticket should you successfully submit a ballot registration (details on how to do this can be found below).
  • 3121 members will receive priority access to their usual seating area. Once at capacity, remaining 3121 members will be allocated a ticket as close as possible to the 3121 area.
  • We plan to share the opportunity to sit within your normal reserved area as best we can throughout the season. For example, if there is 50% crowd capacity for the entire season you will get to sit in your normal reserved seat area roughly 50% of the time if you enter the ballot each week.
  • 3121 members can only enter the ballot with 3121 members. If you enter the ballot with other membership types, your registration will be void and you will not receive a ticket.
  • Do not rush your ballot entry! Ensure all information is correct as any errors will make your registration void. Submitting your registration early or close to the ballot opening time will not increase your chance of being allocated a ticket. All registrations regardless of time submitted during the ballot registration period are equal.
  • Members wishing to attend with other members will need to allocate a group leader (limit of 6 members per group, no exceptions). The group leader must submit all group member names and barcodes together on the one ballot registration form. The group leader must only submit the ballot registration form once. Other group members are not permitted to submit a ballot registration. Multiple entries will be void.
  • Once a ballot registration form has been submitted, no changes or edits are permitted. Please ensure all details are correct before submitting the registration.
  • Only 2021 barcodes will be accepted. Please ensure you only use this 2021 member barcodes found at the top of this email.
  • Only members who renewed by the reserved seat cut-off (5pm Wednesday, February 10) are eligible for the ballot.
  • No guest passes are available.
  • Tickets are strictly non transferable or refundable. Please only enter the ballot if you can attend to ensure you are not taking away a ticket from another member. We are unable to cancel any ballot registrations.
  • If you require an accessible ticket, you can enter the accessible ballot. Access to this ballot will be provided Wednesday, February 24.
  • Members who are 2 or more payments behind will not have access to the ballot for Round 1. To make a payment, please call 1300 742 466 by 12pm (AEDT) Tuesday, February 23.

JUNIOR MEMBERS:
Due to COVID-19 tracing requirements, all members over the age of 12 months are required to have a ticket to enter and will be counted in any group registrations. If your child (under the age of 5) does not hold an access membership, please call the club on 1300 742 466 to discuss options.

What happens after I submit my ballot registration?

Members will receive a confirmation email that their ballot registration has been completed. Notification on whether you have been successful or unsuccessful in the ballot will be communicated before Tuesday, March 9. Please be patient as we work through this.

Further information, including instructions on how to successfully enter the ballot can be found below.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Richmond Membership Team on 1300 742 466. Due to a high volume of enquiries, we suggest avoiding emailing or requesting a call back as it may take longer than usual for us to get back to you.

Go Tiges!