Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004

The AFL is looking at a scenario in which there will be very little or no general admission to games for round one in Victoria.

Under the ticketing arrangements under discussion by clubs and the AFL, the members of home teams will be prioritised, then the “away” club’s members, and stadium members - such as MCC and AFL members - with general admission tickets only available once those other groups have had windows to gain seats.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

The AFL is looking at a scenario in which there will be very little or no general admission to games for round one in Victoria.

Under the ticketing arrangements under discussion by clubs and the AFL, the members of home teams will be prioritised, then the “away” club’s members, and stadium members - such as MCC and AFL members - with general admission tickets only available once those other groups have had windows to gain seats.
Well that should help us hit 100k members again

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

If I'm reading that correctly, away club members will get priority ahead of stadium members with MCC/AFL affiliation? That's a bit ridiculous.

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
If I'm reading that correctly, away club members will get priority ahead of stadium members with MCC/AFL affiliation? That's a bit ridiculous.
It is not very clear. It should be home members of mcc/Afl then away fans. No guest passes.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
It's a bit all over the place as it initially gives that impression, but further into the article puts AFL/MCC members back on level pegging I reckon. As silly as the AFL is I don’t even think they're that stupid to disenfranchise there own members and I'm tipping the MCC would go completely nuts!
That said. ..... I haven't really got any idea what'll happen!

Reactions: 1 user

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
I reckon the tennis has helped the cause , like how much covid cases evolved from that , fa that’s what . Open the G to the people
And zero cases from the 87K odd who attended the Women’s Cricket World Cup in March last year. If the Government is planning for a 75% return to work from next week (closed office environment remember), then they can sure as F@$K open up the G to all who wish to attend. Enough already.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I reckon the tennis has helped the cause , like how much covid cases evolved from that , fa that’s what . Open the G to the people

I'll tell you what the problem with the MCG is? Physical numbers. The test cricket was capped at 33%. The A-League was capped at 50%. The tennis was capped at 50%.

33% at the MCG equates to a 33,000 cap. 50% at AAMI Park and the tennis equates to a 15,000 cap for both. That is the difference.

75% at the MCG for R1 means tens of thousands of people hanging around the concourses and only 6 entrances. Yes, the MCC will stagger entrance times and things like that, but I would be very, very surprised if the government ticks off any COVID safe plan for 75,000 people. Sounds unrealistic to me.

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
I'll tell you what the problem with the MCG is? Physical numbers. The test cricket was capped at 33%. The A-League was capped at 50%. The tennis was capped at 50%.

33% at the MCG equates to a 33,000 cap. 50% at AAMI Park and the tennis equates to a 15,000 cap for both. That is the difference.

75% at the MCG for R1 means tens of thousands of people hanging around the concourses and only 6 entrances. Yes, the MCC will stagger entrance times and things like that, but I would be very, very surprised if the government ticks off any COVID safe plan for 75,000 people. Sounds unrealistic to me.
More likely to be around 50,000 you would think.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
The right decision too wait for the unfurling of the flags until the game against the Swans.More Tigers can attend.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Ok, so the ballot opens Wed 24 Feb, now in other words.

The email informing me of the ballot says we will get an email with a registration link by 12pm today, I presume that means midday.

Has anyone got the link yet?

DS

PS: Just arrived, here we go.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yep, in the ballot now but I presume it will be a little while before they do the ballot as we will need to know how many tickets will be available.

DS

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Yep, in the ballot now but I presume it will be a little while before they o the ballot as we will need to know how many tickets will be available.

DS
you should get an email acknowledgment saying

Hi,
Confirming we have received your ballot submission. We will be in touch on Tuesday 9 March to let you know the outcome of the ballot and next steps from there.
Thanks and Go Tiges!
Richmond Membership Team
P: 1300 742 466

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
you should get an email acknowledgment saying

Hi,
Confirming we have received your ballot submission. We will be in touch on Tuesday 9 March to let you know the outcome of the ballot and next steps from there.
Thanks and Go Tiges!
Richmond Membership Team
P: 1300 742 466

Yep, got that.

Fingers crossed we can get in.

DS