Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Does anyone know if we have to prepurchase tickets every week for the season? I assume we do since our membership card doesn’t get us in anymore

Yes. This is the new normal.

Stupid question possibly. After all the drama rushing to make sure we get tickets before they sold out, does anyone know if the game is actually sold out?

I know that tickets were still available last evening. I've been saying all along that anyone who wanted a ticket will get one. People have overestimated demand for this.

The Best Available is terrible. The worst thing is last year when I booked tickets early I got row V or W or the like. When I went in to look at ticket availability the map showed all the rows in front of me were "unavailable". Then, I checked again a couple of weeks later and you could buy Row B or Row D. I have no idea how that happens but it sucks.

DS

because Ticketek sell in blocks. they want you to buy row FF in the nose bleeds before they release row A of the next block. it’s a ridiculous system, but Ticketek are notorious for it. The trick is to hold your nerve and be willing to cancel your seats if you don’t like them.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
because Ticketek sell in blocks. they want you to buy row FF in the nose bleeds before they release row A of the next block. it’s a ridiculous system, but Ticketek are notorious for it. The trick is to hold your nerve and be willing to cancel your seats if you don’t like them.

Yep, I was planning to not buy tickets until decent spots were available, but 2020 gave us no opportunity to do so.

Ticketek just sucks on this. They are not only doing what you say but selling back rows in a bay weeks before making the the seats closer to the front available, it is beyond irritating, it is incompetent.

DS

bamyes

Tiger Cub
Mar 25, 2009
Stupid question possibly. After all the drama rushing to make sure we get tickets before they sold out, does anyone know if the game is actually sold out?
Looks sold out now, Jumped on and cant get a ticket with a Kids membership number i didnt use

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I’m curious about something. As I’ve said, I’ve accidentally paid $18 for a ticket that should have been free, as have a few others I see. Assuming every Tigers member wanted to go tomorrow, everyone should have got access to a free ticket. If that’s the case, why were tickets available to “buy”? Did ticketek put aside already scarce tickets to fleece members? If there were only a certain amount of free tickets available why would some members have been penalized by having to fork out more money for a ticket that they have already paid for with their membership?

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Finally manged to have the entire fam's tickets on my app, looks like we'll be there tomorrow night. Seats not that far from usual spot, was genuinely concerned that this would be a massive cluster *smile*.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I'm hearing Footscray were allocated 4,000 tix for friday, went on sale at 10am and they were sold out in minutes.

I’m curious about something. As I’ve said, I’ve accidentally paid $18 for a ticket that should have been free, as have a few others I see. Assuming every Tigers member wanted to go tomorrow, everyone should have got access to a free ticket. If that’s the case, why were tickets available to “buy”? Did ticketek put aside already scarce tickets to fleece members? If there were only a certain amount of free tickets available why would some members have been penalized by having to fork out more money for a ticket that they have already paid for with their membership?
I'm assuming to give GA members the option to upgrade.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
There were only 3 at training . I knew the other “ bloke “ next to me , so assume you were the other 15 metres away.
Correct there @Stig ..... I'm a tad shy ..... Anyway, I was stuck to the asphalt they've replaced where you and @caesar have worn it out :)

• Haha

mj72

Tiger Rookie
Jun 21, 2004
punt road
The Best Available is terrible. The worst thing is last year when I booked tickets early I got row V or W or the like. When I went in to look at ticket availability the map showed all the rows in front of me were "unavailable". Then, I checked again a couple of weeks later and you could buy Row B or Row D. I have no idea how that happens but it sucks.

DS
This is a huge gripe of mine. First in is often worse served.
Yesterday at 10am I tried to buy 3 tickets (AFL member) on ground level and could not get, kept refreshing and trying again to see if they released bays. In the end I ended up top deck as I had work to do and could not afford more time. I actually had 3 on ground (which weirdly showed up as kids tickets, which I was going to accept anyway as who cares...its a bum on seat, zero charge) at one point but got booted. Such a rubbish infuriating system.
Generally I do ok, but R1 every year screws me over for some reason.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yes. This is the new normal.

I know that tickets were still available last evening. I've been saying all along that anyone who wanted a ticket will get one. People have overestimated demand for this.

Can still buy a general admission ticket for $45 right now

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
The game sold out earlier this afternoon. I imagine they had to keep a few 1,000 or so for Carlton away members.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Did you get that in the General Reserved ticket sale, Ace?

Strange if you did because that bay is part of the Punt Road End Family reserved seat section, and I’m still waiting to see if I’ve got the two tickets I went in the ballot for.

I’m actually not holding out much hope of going as the day gets closer...

Yes, I got my ticket in the General Reserve sale at 1pm yesterday.
I chose the ' best available' option and the system spat out M56.
It's definitely an anomaly if that section was allocated for the PRE Family reserve.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

DS
Unavailable only because the ticketing mob doesn't make them available just yet.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
It's definitely an anomaly if that section was allocated for the PRE Family reserve.
That's normally our reserved seated area.
But we are Q54 from the ballot.
Perhaps I should've taken a punt General Reserve.

bamyes

Tiger Cub
Mar 25, 2009
You have to pick General Admission not best available to get your free tickets, scroll down and you will see it next time. I did the same thing paid $18x4 for an upgrade. at least we got tix, others i know missed out