Round 11 - Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 11 - Other Games

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Not sure. Suns were well in front despite McGraths possessions and they effectively lost Miller in the second half. Often why Richmond and Collingwood don't bother tagging high possession winners.
Yeah, I was being a bit disingenuous as I’d said earlier:

McGrath is killing it terms of numbers but he doesn’t do anything with it.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Crows having a dip.

But does anyone here believe Razor won't get the Pies over the line???

Nah, me neither.

Really apologise for how belated this is but I just went to bed after that game last night infuriated. How can the umpiring be so rigged in favour of certain teams, but none of what, 400+ AFL media, even notice, let alone comment? I just find it unbelievable. The fix must be in IMO. It's scandalous.

Ray is highly biased to Colonwood. That Eleni Glousis is totally biased to them. I couldn't believe the frees ignored to the Crows last night, nor the inexplicable, or totally contradictory ones paid to the skunks.

Sure, the Crows were just inept, but the frees in that game ended up 20/12 against them, certainly ensuring a win to Colonwood. How can this be happening? Week after week, year after year?

• Angry
Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I don’t know if this has happened with other teams, but how come Port Adelaide play Richmond after a four day break, and now they play Geelong on Friday who will only have a four day break? Talk about an advantage

While WC have an 8 day break into the Carlton game and then a 7 day break into the hawthorn game.
Sooking does pay.....

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Really apologise for how belated this is but I just went to bed after that game last night infuriated. How can the umpiring be so rigged in favour of certain teams, but none of what, 400+ AFL media, even notice, let alone comment? I just find it unbelievable. The fix must be in IMO. It's scandalous.

Ray is highly biased to Colonwood. That Eleni Glousis is totally biased to them. I couldn't believe the frees ignored to the Crows last night, nor the inexplicable, or totally contradictory ones paid to the skunks.

Sure, the Crows were just inept, but the frees in that game ended up 20/12 against them, certainly ensuring a win to Colonwood. How can this be happening? Week after week, year after year?

Eddie

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Watching essendon and can’t help think they’ve got so many overrated players: McDonald-Tipungwuti, Parish, McGrath, Smith, McKenna.

McGrath is good.
But Smith & Ninja are over hyped footballers.
Ninja can't kick and now out of nowhere he has introduced the ninja handball, even his teammates don't know where it will land.
Devon Smith is just really crap version of Toby Greene.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Suns are cluless

I don't think Dew knows how to coach.
Lead all game last night, conceded 4 goals in the last qtr, to a team that had only had 7 at 3qtr time.
Couldn't kick a goal to save themselves against Footscray.
And then once against Stkilda had multiple opportunities to win the game and couldn't.

Ellis is still Ellis. Gets the ball on the boundary in the forward 50.
Like the same old panic merchant he goes for the Gary Ablett Snr snap.
Edwards, Dusty, castagna even Bolton would've found a player in a better position.
Ellis had time to find someone.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Hes certainly got something,

But reckon hes gulping the bathwater down.

Horrible, selfish, kick

It was actually a very smart play, he just didn't put the kick into the right spot. He pulled it a bit going for extra distance. Perhaps he should have looked straight away to see if he had an open target instead of turning his back but he likely knew the time left and thought he had the journey.

The funny thing is commentators rave about what a beautiful kick he is but his G.B tally (albeit from a very small sample size) suggests he is unreliable.

Their is no denying his talent though, he'd be my pick from that 2018 draft if you could take one now.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It was actually a very smart play, he just didn't put the kick into the right spot. He pulled it a bit going for extra distance. Perhaps he should have looked straight away to see if he had an open target instead of turning his back but he likely knew the time left and thought he had the journey.

The funny thing is commentators rave about what a beautiful kick he is but his G.B tally (albeit from a very small sample size) suggests he is unreliable.

Their is no denying his talent though, he'd be my pick from that 2018 draft if you could take one now.

I agree he looks a ripper.

But i cant make sense of your first sentence? Smart play, *smile* kick?

Hes a kid, they make mistakes. He was never gonna kick a 55m goal with scores level. Hit a target or put it to the square. He was going for glory.

The commentary 'oh isaac rankin what a star ... wins the game for the suns!' Was swirling through his brain. Hes had a mountain of air blown up his arse the last few months. But hes a kid. Hes gonna be a star. His forward craft, positioning and timing, is extraordinary. Almost Jake Aarts'esque :cool:

But suns have all the hallmarks of a rising side just lacking the experience and leadership to win games.

I think they will be a contender in '23/24

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Yeah, he had to run the clock down so it would be the last play of the game and deny Essendon a chance to win. It was just a poor execution of the kick.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yeah, he had to run the clock down so it would be the last play of the game and deny Essendon a chance to win. It was just a poor execution of the kick.

Lemmens had clean possession and got mowed down trying to run a huge circle. Richmond's had some list-cloggers but seven years of this guy would do my head in.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
I agree he looks a ripper.

Hes a kid, they make mistakes. He was never gonna kick a 55m goal with scores level. Hit a target or put it to the square. He was going for glory.

The idea was smart and it was the correct decision IMO. He just didn't execute what he wanted. If he didn't pull the kick it lobs in the goal square where not unlikely it gets rushed through or you would create a stoppage in goal square. Either way it removes the loss from the equation and

If it worked as I imagined he had planned it would have left the bombers 10 seconds left to draw.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017

Not sure why that's so difficult to understand?

Lindsay Gaze famous saying is the operation was a success but the patient died. Pretty applicable here.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Thehe idea was smart and it was the correct decision IMO. He just didn't execute what he wanted. If he didn't pull the kick it lobs in the goal square where not unlikely it gets rushed through or you would create a stoppage in goal square. Either way it removes the loss from the equation and

If it worked as I imagined he had planned it would have left the bombers 10 seconds left to draw.
He pulled because he was going for goal. He pulled out big Bertha. If you are just laying up to top of square it's a 7 iron.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
How desperate are crows to appoint a 23 year old with 30 games to his name who's played 10 games over 2 years as acting Captain,boy the cupboard is bare.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
He pulled because he was going for goal. He pulled out big Bertha. If you are just laying up to top of square it's a 7 iron.
He was trying to kick it as far as possible to get it as near as possible to goal line. Goal/point or rushed did not matter, they win in any instance. Clearly the most intelligent play at the time.